Despite the fact that wood floors are the undisputed leader among all types of flooring, old creaking boards are able to cross the entire effect from the new interior.That is why the repair room finishes the restoration or replacement of the base.The choice of modern finishing flooring is very wide.This laminate and linoleum and carpet.They can be spread out directly on the old floor, but daring to this, many are faced with problems such as the elimination of creaking wooden floor and leveling.That alignment and will be discussed in this article.
necessary or extra work?↑
So whether you need to ali
In today's construction market there are many ways to align the wooden floor, but the most popular are the following:
- alignment plywood floor;
- leveling putty based on PVA;
- leveling self-leveling compounds;
- scraping the floor.
Aligning the wooden floor with their hands - not a complicated process, as it initially seems.With this work, following certain rules, can handle virtually anyone with basic skills with tools.
Alignment wood floor with plywood ↑
Plywood - is one of the most convenient materials for floor leveling.With it, you can get a perfectly flat surface is rough, it is absolutely suitable for any surface finish, raising the floor by only 20-30 mm.In addition, the alignment of the wood floor with plywood is easy, fast and economical.
Perfect alignment is the wooden floor under the linoleum.
prepare for the work ↑
moisture content of the sheet of plywood, designed for leveling work must be the same as the overall level of humidity in the room.This can be achieved gently moisten both sides of a sheet of water and stand them in a room for two days.
sure to check before placing plywood general status of all utilities located under the floor, because then get here will be very problematic, and make sure there is sufficient air circulation in the underground space.
At work we need:
- sheets of plywood;
- PVA glue carpenter.
On stages in detail ↑
- Please install beacons, which are used as ordinary screws, screw-on the entire surface of the floor to the required height.They should be installed at least 350 mm.
Tip: thicker plywood, used to align, the less you need to install beacons.
- Now you are ready to install lag.In this case it will be thick strips of plywood of 30-50 mm.They attach either by glue, intended for a tree or using screws.If any field between the surface of the old floor joists and gaps are formed, they are laid in specially prepared pieces of plywood, smeared adhesive composition.
- For easy installation, the plywood can be pre-cut into squares 600h600mm carefully while monitoring the bundle ends.If you see that it is still there, the material needs to be replaced - the quality leaves much to be desired.
- entire surface of the base of carefully trimmed from the smallest irregularities, and then from the resulting dust.
- squares of plywood on the joists are laid only after the complete drying of the adhesive.When working should ensure that stykovanie sheets occurred only on the joists, and to ensure that none of the points on the surface are not joined at the seams while four planes
- extremely precise cuts through all the arches, ledges and bay windows.
- Fix the sheets of plywood with screws with countersunk head.
Tip: To cap screws do not stick out, the site of attachment is necessary to advance nasverlit and otzenkovat.
Then it all depends on what kind of finishing coating is used:
- if you plan to lay carpet, it is recommended to cover the plywood with several layers of varnish;
- if the alignment of the wooden floor under the laminate - is necessary to lay the substrate;
- linoleum - the best bit sanded plywood surface, passing on her sander.Focuses on the joints of panels and the attachment points to the joists.
Levelling filler based on PVA ↑
With fillings on the basis of PVA and sawdust for little money you can level the floor surface area is large enough.
finished floor to equalize ↑
first need to thoroughly clean the floor surface.Sawdust, which is planned to be used in the work, you need to moisten.This is to ensure that they are not taken too quickly moisture from the PVA.
Shpaklyuem on technological regulations ↑
- stuffed on the floor slats that act as a beacon.You need to put them on a level.
- all the space between the slats is filled with a mixture of sawdust and PVA.If a thicker leveling layer, the coating is applied in several stages.For once filled no more than 10-20 mm in composition and each subsequent layer is applied only after the previous drying and shrinkage.
- Horizontal resulting surface is checked using the level, if necessary, additional irregularities are smoothed by applying putty.
Application of self-leveling compounds ↑
self-leveling compounds - a relatively new coverage on today's construction market.They are a part of, which is diluted to a liquid form distributed over the surface of the floor, and after drying forms a sufficiently elastic and smooth base for the laying of a new floor covering.
Again preparation ↑
Before applying a mixture of a wooden floor must be prepared.All the shattered planks necessarily strengthened by means of screws, and all the heads protruding nails or screws pritaplivayutsya below floor level.Next, the base carefully polished and cleaned of dust and removed layers of paint and varnish, with a vacuum cleaner.All the wide gap sealed with acrylic mass.
Tip: for sealing cracks can use the same self-leveling mixture, but only diluted to a consistency of very thick cream.
Then the floor is applied WATERPROOF primer provides a better grip of the mixture and the subfloor.The lower part of the walls are insulated with a double-sided adhesive tape of the construction, and it, in turn, applied benchmark pouring mixture.
important: the level marked on the wall should not be less than the minimum thickness of the coating, declared by the manufacturer self-leveling mixture.
To avoid overflow solution in the next room, the door must be attached bar height at the planned level of self-leveling floor.
Bucket self-leveling solution ↑
- On prepared base is spread reinforcing mesh, which is attached using staple gun.Combining mesh fabric, they should be placed with an overlap of about 50 mm.
- Prepare the mixture in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and carefully stir it with a drill attachment.Further, it must stand at least 15 minutes, after which it was again mixed thoroughly.
- on the floor is poured self-leveling mixture and carefully distributed across the surface of a squeegee, and the need to closely monitor the presence of air bubbles.
Tip: air bubbles can easily escape from the rubber roller coated with a spiked.
4. We are waiting for the complete drying of the mixture, maintaining a certain temperature in the room.
significant drawback of using self-leveling compounds, which, however, does not allow to avoid almost no one method - is to raise the level of the floor.But the convenience of the alignment surely outweigh the negative.
Alignment wood floor sanding ↑
sanding - is one of the most labor-intensive, but at the same time effective, methods of leveling the base.You can scrape by hand, but, due to the high labor costs and low efficiency of this work, we consider the manual scraping will not.
So, mechanical scraping.
Preparing for planing ↑
First we need to remove all the curtains, cover existing furniture with protective film or polyethylene, otherwise everything will be covered with fine dust, which is notavoided during tsiklevaniya.On the floor you want to remove all carpeting buttons and deep sink the nail heads.
IMPORTANT: scraping machines need to be hearing protection and respirators to prevent hearing damage and pulmonary tracts.Hands should be protected by thick gloves.
How scrape wood floor ↑
- scrape start from one corner of the room, gradually moving to the opposite corner of the "snake."
- After removing the first layer of all the holes and cracks are sealed with putty, you should choose the same color as the floor.
- After complete hardening putty continue scraping.
- around baseboards and other hard to reach places tsiklyuetsya floor using hand corner tsiklevatelya.
- After complete sedimentation of dust surface is treated with a vacuum cleaner, wipe with a soft cloth dipped in a solvent, and it is applied lacquer.
Tip: If any board is damaged, it can simply turn the setting to the same place.Easy replacement of the board will result in differences in the color of the floor.
course, each method has its advantages and disadvantages, so when you select should be guided both by the situation and their own financial resources.Only carefully weighing all the pros and cons of each method, you can make the final choice and get a really high-quality output for years to come.