Modern flooring, such as laminate, parquet, carpet, linoleum, and many other non-carrier material are placed only on a perfectly flat surface.In the houses of the old building, which has wooden plank floors, almost always require their alignment.To achieve this, there are several ways, one of which is the alignment of the wood floor with plywood.This option does not require a large amount of work associated with the opening of old floors, replacement lag and rickety planks.Just on top of the old floor is a new crate, which laid plywood sheets of suitable thickness.At the same time it manages to slightly raise the floor, keeping the maximum height of the room.
sanding to minor defects ↑
Over time, even the quality roofed wooden floor loses flatness dueTrough boards or vice versa of bending.As a result of these processes in one place gets depression, while others - the "hump".And changing the position of the boards relative to each other.If on top of the floor without training spend laying linoleum, carpet or laminate, for a long time, these floor coverings not last.Cracked, rub off, bend under the influence of the daily loads, because it is necessary to walk on the floor, not just to admire its beauty.
address the shortcomings of the wooden floor is possible and using the procedure sanding, which is performed by grinding or scraping machine.However, to call this process easy and simple can not, moreover, it is associated with dusty and dirty areas.Before starting to scrape the surface of the plank floor, it is necessary to drown all the nails holding the boards to the joists.To do this, use a hammer and beards.
Note!Barbs relates to manual Hand tools designed for cutting holes in sheet metal, and for driving deeper into the material of the fastening elements.
difficulty lies in the fact that you can not miss a single nail.Otherwise blades scraping machine run into an obstacle, after which they will have to remove and re-reface.After installation, you must reconfigure the knife still scraping the car.Search nails impede sexual layers of paint, which is repeatedly applied to a wooden floor.Besides scraping the floor it is difficult to hold the corners and along the walls around the perimeter.
Disadvantages sanding can be attributed to a decrease in thickness and bearing capacity of the boards.By and large, the problem of aligning the floor in such a way is not completely solved, because of the different parameters of humidity in the summer and winter boards are subjected to further deformation.
Therefore, the best solution leveling flooring wood flooring is considered perfectly flat material - plywood or particle board (chipboard).At the same time these materials are placed on a good footing, in which were aligned lags.
floors regulated joists ↑
The market offers adjustable floor joists, which are very easy to installation, but unfortunately the road.Design feature is the presence of these floors on joists screwed adjusting studs, which are based on the draft floor.With the help of screwing or unscrewing these supports achieve the ideal horizontal floor.Lay the floor joists can be controlled at any base.The gaps between logs fill insulation.In addition to the high cost of these floors take up to 7-10 cm height of the room, except for the thickness of the selected finish.In rooms with low ceilings, the use of controlled floors are not justified.
technology floor leveling plywood ↑
In practice, very often used more technology available leveling wooden floor, which is the laying of the lag at a small distance from eachother under the planarization layer plywood.Make lags strips of plywood, using sheets of various thicknesses.Here are the main stages of this process.
- Set beacons all over the floor.As beacons using conventional screws, screwing them into the corners drawn mentally squares whose sides are equal to 20-30 cm. It facilitates the process substantially the availability of the screwdriver and a spirit level, by means of which is determined by the required height of the lighthouse.
Important!The thicker plywood, selected for floor leveling, the less frequently a lag.However, it is not recommended to stack logs at a distance greater than 35 cm.
- Focusing on exposed lighthouses, begin the process of laying the lag of a width of 30-50 mm.Since the edges should fall on the joists, the pre-lay the plywood on the floor and draw its outline chalk, pastel chalk or pencil.As drawn lines indicating the location of the alignment interface material, place logs.For their attachment using screws or glue: PVA, PVA Moment PVA Joiner and other types of wood glue.
Important!Avoid sagging lag by placing in these places smeared with glue plywood pieces cut from sheets of varying thickness.
- After the device dense network lag time to give complete drying of the adhesive.
- Then proceed to laying plywood sheets, fixing them with screws with countersunk heads.Moreover, the site of attachment and pre nadsverlite prozenkuyte to the cap screws are recessed into the surface of the sheet of plywood.
- Lightly sand the joints and fixing points.
Using this method, you will level the floor, raising it by only 2-3 cm. If the topcoat is selected linoleum or carpet, the plywood decking before they cover two or three coats of varnish.If you decide to lay laminate flooring, do not forget to lay a plywood substrate.For these purposes the cork or foamed polyethylene.
Important!On logs stacked plywood with a thickness of not less than 12 mm.
unconventional way to leveling floor ↑
very precarious floor leveling technology is the luting surface with a mixture made of fine sawdust and PVA glue.We can say that in this embodiment is performed from the original tie PVA sawdust filler, which is laid on top of a thin veneer (5-8 mm).At the same time laying the plywood on the wood floor, leveled it in an unusual way, saves money, but it increases the performance of work.For a homemade coat dry for about two days.When applying several layers in places with a height difference of time increases as the subsequent layer is applied only after the previous one has dried.
algorithm of work ↑
- Tamp on the wooden floor slats beacons, which are pre-set the level of the horizontal.
- Fill the space between the rails with a mixture of white glue and sawdust, which is in its consistency should resemble a thick cream.It is recommended to dampen the sawdust and a little squeeze.Otherwise, they pulled out too quickly moisture from the glue.
- thickness of the applied layer should not exceed 1-2 cm. Therefore it is recommended to repeat the procedure two or three times if necessary, checking the level-rule is uniformly applied layer.
After drying PVA sawdust ties lay plywood sheets, fixing them with screws on the technology described above.
This technology is suitable for people who have some time, during which they will conduct the work slowly with his hands.The undeniable advantage of this method is the minimum rise of sex, which is limited to the level of "the highest board."
Laying plywood on concrete screed ↑
In homes with strong wooden or concrete floors line the floor with the help of a concrete covering, the thickness of which depends on the height difference, but not more than 3-10 cm. At the same time adhere to the following work plan:
- primed surface;
- device couplers;
- laying plywood.
concrete screed must be given a good dry.It takes usually about a month.
After that, the cleaned concrete surface applied waterproofing.Experts recommend to lay sheets of water-resistant plywood, thickness must be at least 12 mm.
Cutting and fitting sheets of plywood ↑
- first just lay plywood sheets, the cut into squares of 60 by 60 cm, on the floor at the intended destination.At the same time, note the need for seams between the cover damper joints 8-10 mm.Also note that the plywood sheets should not touch the walls.It is advisable to leave a gap between the wall and the veneer size of 15-20 mm.
Important!Spend laying plywood sheets with mixing, excluding the intersection of four stitches at one point (like brickwork).
- After the fitting number the sheets and make a diagram of their placement and the numbers.Remove the plywood base to prepare for its installation.
Prepare concrete base ↑
concrete screed Strip from small irregularities that have arisen as a result of other kinds of repairs.Then carefully remove the base from the debris and dust with a vacuum cleaner.If such equipment you have and there is no place to rent, follow this procedure ordinary broom.After completion of cleaning, perform priming to help:
- remove any remaining dust;
- penetrating deep into the concrete, to give the strength of the top layer of concrete screed;
- improve the adhesion of dissimilar materials to each other.
Note!Called primer in building one of the varieties of primer.Primer is made of the same material (paint, glue, paste), which is supposed to cover the surface.However, it contains a larger amount of solvent that provides the best penetration into the surface.Apply primer by roller or brush.
Laying plywood floor ↑
- Apply with a notched trowel onto the prepared substrate adhesive mastic.The layer thickness should be equal to about two millimeters.
- According charting place a sheet of plywood into place and secure it with screws with plastic plugs.In this drill the concrete floor at a depth of 6 mm straight through the plywood.Hole prozenkuyte to drown her bonnet screw in the leveling material.After
- laid plywood sanded to give perfectly smooth and solid foundation under the floor or other surface finish.
Leveling the floor with plywood: Videotutorial ↑
Now you know how to properly carry out the alignment of the floor with plywood.Choose a suitable way, the purchased material and forth to work.If you want to hire a team of builders, you can talk to them in the same language, and choose to perform the work of these professionals.