to this method as the laminate laying on the wooden floor is usually resorted to when the existing floor is not pleasing to the eye with its appearance, but is still suitable.Laminate in this case performs an aesthetic function, giving the old wooden floor fresh look.There are certain stacking technology, as well as many nuances to consider in their implementation.
About laminate: design, features ↑
Laminate has the form of thin sheets 7-11 mm (panels) (100-140 cm long, 20 cm wide), the edges of which there are special pins and grooves for joining (connection) with each other.With this design it is to collect the flooring is very easy to deal with that even beginners Samodelkin.
laminate consists of 4 layers:
- uppermost - this protective layer is a high special film of acrylic or melamine resin, in other words - a laminated film by the name of which has been named the entire article.The top layer of the decorative laminate protects from all outside influences and abrasion.
- second layer - decorative, acting as a clearance.It is a layer of paper on which drawings are plotted wood, stone, tile.
- third layer is a carrier - a "body" of the laminate board.Made from MDF or HDF (is pressed pulp, very reminiscent getinaks - impregnated with a special compound thick cardboard, used in radio).This is the most rigid part of the cover, just as it cut spikes and notches, intended for stapling together.This component is the same sound and thermal insulator.The quality of the support layer largely depends on humidity laminated board.If it should be treated as a moisture resistant impregnation and has a high density, the deleterious effects of water and other liquids will be minimized.
- The bottom layer is a stabilizing protects the board from deformation serves to increase rigidity.Sometimes it is glued to the sound insulation substrate, intended for additional noise insulation.
To complete the picture we present the pros and cons of laminate:
- laminated panels - is one of the cheapest flooring.
- Paul easily put even without special skills.
- panels, joined by means of studs and grooves (no glue) may be re-laid (but not more than 3 times).
- Resistant to scratches, stains, shock, chemical means;
- can simulate any, even the best types of wood, a variety of patterns and colors.
- coating material are not natural, some of its species can cause allergies.Non-allergenic, only those for which there is a special certificate.
- When burning can release toxins.
- laminated board "noisy", clearly audible echoes of steps that can be eliminated only in part with the help of sound-insulating mats laid under the boards.
- This floor is almost impossible restoration.
- low humidity.
Preparations for the forthcoming work ↑
purchased material for laying ↑
First of all, of course, need to buy laminate panels themselves.Before going to the store make measurements of floor space.Laminate sold in package integrity and indicate their area, which may cover the amount of material that is in them.There is one caveat: you need to buy a laminate with a margin.And it depends on the number of panels to be purchased additionally, will be the method of installation.If you plan to have the right board (staggered), the gain must necessarily be not less than 5-8% of the total number, and if the board will be laid on the diagonal, the reserve will amount to 10-14%.The reason is that the laminate is placed "in extensibility": one board relative to another row are displaced to the "half-length".And again, the board is not sold by the piece, even if you need more just 2 plates, have to buy a whole pack.
When buying pay attention to the classification of the laminate :
- 21 - pet rooms, where the intensity of walking the lowest (closets, bedrooms, etc.).It serves as a laminate of not more than 2 years.
- 22 - pet rooms, where the average intensity of walking (eg, children).Serves - up to 4 years.
- 23 - pet rooms, where the intensity of the highest circulation (hall, kitchen).Serves - up to 6 years.
worth noting that classes 21-23 in Russia is practically not applied, with the exception of foreign options.
- 31 - for commercial halls (rooms) with very low intensity walking (meeting room, pantry).If you use it at home, and can serve 10 and 12 years old.
- 32 - for commercial halls (rooms), where the intensity of moderate walking (offices).At home, you can lie up to 15 years.
- 33 - for commercial halls (rooms), where the intensity of the highest circulation (trading halls of shops).Service life at home premises - up to 20 years.
Need a flat base ↑
wooden floor under the laminate it is necessary to prepare.The panels must be laid on an absolutely flat surface.Because laminate is not carrying the coating, all his plane he had something to lie down, preferably on some damping (softening fluctuations) substrate, if the material is very hard.For this purpose good penoplex (thin polyethylene foam) or a special cork underlay.They will sound insulator, and additional insulation.For wooden floors are commonly used sheets of particle board (chipboard), consisting of sawdust, shavings.Sheets are made by hot opressovyvaniya.In their application may not be necessary damping substrate, because the sheets are much less rigid than the laminate (they contain 45% special binder), you can not be afraid to wear panels.
chipboard sheets - great, they give just two advantages:
- are good insulators;
- floors give an extra rigidity hide irregularities.
When laying sheets of chipboard should be guided by the following rules:
- Stack chipboard sheets is necessary so that there is the minimum of waste.Thus, the first sheet is laid along the length of the room (it is possible in width, if the sheet is the entire responsibility, or if it will be cut by no more than 20cm).When laying the first sheet, make sure that it ends tightly pressed to the walls of the room.
- sheets are attached with special screws or nails countersunk head.If you choose to mount screws, the front of it on the surface of each sheet must be applied markings.It is for her to be drilled holes, and only then through them screwing screws into the boards of the wooden floor.Make sure that each screw is guaranteed "Utopia" does not seem to fit the material surrounding it.
- When complete mount the first sheet, measure the distance from the end of the sheet to the wall.According to the obtained size cut second sheet of particle board (of course, if necessary).The cut sheet is placed on the floor, his face pressed tightly attached to the end of the sheet, and then fastened to the floor.
Important!Before laying the sheets of particle board must make sure that the wooden floor is clean and dry.
Specificity laying on a wooden base ↑
Each plate laminate has ridges (spikes) with 2 side faces and grooves and on 2 opposite.These grooves and ridges may be completely different designs.From the most simple, such as in the lining (tongue and groove), to quite complex, emerging in the "lock" (usually type Click).
If you purchased a panel with a simple system, be sure to take another and a special adhesive that is applied to the slot.Clay must buy a special designed for bonding laminate panels together.System with a lock does not require the use of glue, and the laminate is installed much easier and faster.
Tips-independent way ↑
- Producing folding panels must be perpendicular to the window, so that the light direction coincided with the direction of the laminate fabrics.The reason is simple: if you lay a cloth in the other direction, the joints between them are much more visible, and this will negatively affect the appearance of the new floor.Often practiced slash stacking panels to create quite an unusual decorative effect, but this type of installation is quite complicated, the efforts are not always justified.
- Stack laminate begin to measure the width of the room.At the same time determined by the width of the web in the last row, bearing in mind that each of the premises is necessary to leave a gap of at least 10 mm.If the length and width of the room up more than 10 m, the size of the gap is determined on the basis of 1.5 mm per 1 m.The gap is in order to allow the laminate to expand, which he does by moisture and heat.If the gap does not leave, the fabric can stand "on end."Sometimes, as a result of calculations may be that the width of the end panel in the series will be at least 5 cm. Then it is necessary to saw panels, the width of the first and last panels, placed at the ends of the room, were the same.
- better start laying the long side of the panel to the left front corner of the room, and the direction of light.Furthermore, the wall mounted special wedges to form a nip.They can be removed after use.
Laying paintings with lock type Click ↑
- first panel is placed in the left front corner.She is joined by the following panel end - it is necessary to insert the slot of one panel (under 30 gr. Angle) into the groove of the other, and then lower them to the floor, making the snap locks.Laying the entire series until the end of the wall continues on the same principle.
- Before laying the second row should think about how to produce a displacement of the end joints of paintings 30-40 cm from the previous row.This will distribute the load more evenly on the canvas.To get a checkerboard pattern, you need to cut in half 1 of the panels and start with her number 2.You can enroll in another way: if the laying of a number 1 at the end of the panel clipped to obtain the required length at the beginning of a number 2 is possible to apply the remainder of the web 1 of the last series.
When installing two rows, you can choose one of 2 ways:
- connect the ends of the panel, then stykovyvat canvas with a number 1, while raising a number 2 carbon.30 oz., And then lowering into place, snapping the locks.
- connect the long sides of paintings and ends fastened, inciting them with a hammer.
Laying laminate adhesive ↑
It's quite time-consuming process.Also, keep in mind that the floor can be glued to start to operate no earlier than 11-12 hours. At the end of the installation.Remove and then re-lay a floor can not.
Glue is applied to the ends of the panels, which are connected to each other like a tongue and groove.The rest of the technology is similar to that used for glueless laminate.In the process, make sure that on the surface of the panels did not make glue.It must be immediately removed with a sponge or cloth.After laying the first 3 rows have to wait 2-3 hours to glue grabbed.
When the laminate is laid, it is necessary to attach the plinth (and precisely at the wall instead of the floor).Skirting perfect disguises all the small gaps left by the wall.
Videos: put the laminate professionally ↑
Thus, your hands, without the help of professionals, you can put laminated plate in a house or apartment, wooden floor giving a fresh look.