is known that a significant portion of the heat goes out through the floor.To avoid heat loss, it insulated.This procedure is especially needed in those cases where the floor is made of concrete or other "cold" material.Today, for insulating floors, there are many materials.The most popular and accessible among them - it expanded clay.The use of expanded clay as insulation - its main purpose.Warming of the floor expanded clay - the process is fairly simple, it can be done even on their own.In addition, it is the most effective way of warming: a layer of expanded clay at 10 cm equal to their insulation characteristics of masonry thickness meter or 25-centimeter board.This technology is particularly suitable for use in latitudes with cold winters and hot summers: in the cold concrete block protection from the cold, as not only an excellent thermal insulator, but also frost-resistant material, and in the heat keep cool thanks to the minimal thermal conductivity, which prevents the exchange of cold and hot
Specifications and the brand expanded clay ↑
Expanded clay (in Greek - "burnt clay") - a light and porous building materials with cellular structure.It is produced in the process of firing the fusible swelling clays, with the addition of its constituent of peat, sawdust, diesel oil, sulfate -spirtovoy bards.It is produced in the form of granules of various sizes of round shape.Concrete block in the construction industry as a heater is used as a bedding or as an additive in concrete, which also significantly reduces the weight of the structure.
Thermal insulation properties of expanded clay depend on the grain size, its volume weight and the strength.
expanded clay fractions are determined by the size of granules: 5x10, 10x20 and 20x40 mm.In any of the factions may be 5% larger and smaller granules with respect to standardized sizes.
In bulk density concrete block is divided into 10 grades, starting with the 250 th and 800 th.Number marks corresponds to the number of kilograms per cubic meter (type 350, for example, it means that the bulk density of the material is 350 kg / m3).Grains with a lower density, porous, which means that the insulating properties of the material above.
for each grade of the bulk density establishes requirements for strength.This rate is determined by crushing pellets of various labels in special cylinders.This indicator is important in the construction, because it defines the area of optimum use of expanded clay, taking into account the load on the structure.For example, for thermal insulation of the floor in the bath will need a large concrete block, and attic insulation or attic can perform fine fraction.
Types of expanded clay in size and structure ↑
There are three types of expanded clay:
- gravel, with granules from 5 to 40 mm;
- gravel produced by crushing large fraction of expanded clay gravel, with different sizes;
- sand with a grain size of less than 0.5 cm.
Expanded clay sand used for the production of dry mixes extensive use - for thermal insulation of walls, ceilings, foundations.Compacted sand lined by hardwood floors.Bedding layer thickness of 10-15 cm enables significant savings on heating - heat losses are reduced by 60-70%.
Gravel - an ideal material for thermal insulation of floors, ceilings, roofs.It is he who is most suitable for the insulation of the attic floor and the attic.
advantages and compelling reasons for choosing ↑
Compared with other materials, insulated concrete block has undeniable advantages.Let us examine them in more detail:
- Expanded clay - a natural material, which is made from environmentally friendly natural clay without harmful additives, and therefore, is completely harmless to human health.
- porous structure of expanded clay gives it good heat and sound insulating properties that it is used for thermal insulation of foundations, floors, roofs of buildings, for thermal insulation engineering communications.
- Keramzit inexpensive material, which significantly reduces construction costs.
- small size of expanded clay and its flowability allows you to fill all the voids.
- resistant to extremes of humidity and temperature, and it is important for our climate.
- Expanded clay lightweight material, and the result is less load on the foundation, which makes it more economical installation.This quality helps reduce labor costs and increase the efficiency of the construction work.
produced in the form of expanded clay gravel, crushed stone and sand.In addition to insulation of attics and floors, concrete block used for thermal insulation engineering communications at home.
Keramzit as a heater for utilities ↑
With the expanded clay granules provide insulation for utilities, including pipelines.Expanded clay granules mixed with foam crumbs fall asleep cavity.This option is more effective insulation than mineral wool insulation and help save water and thermal communication from freezing.In addition, concrete block provides quick access to the plumbing and heating networks without destroying them, the durability of expanded clay can be used again after the removal of a breakthrough.
When building the foundation to use gravel to reduce its depth of 150 cm, as strewn along the perimeter of the building material will prevent freezing of the soil.Delivery of the material is bulk tipper truck or in bags.Buying loose expanded clay, it is necessary to take into account the shrinkage factor with this method of delivery.It is approximately 1.15.The material that came in packaged form, it is easier to count the 20 bags form one cubic meter.
In addition, packed expanded clay easier to upload, store, and move to the site of construction works.However, the loose expanded clay cheaper, but with him more trouble.
expanded clay floor insulation step by step ↑
- floor room, as opposed to the walls and ceiling, is experiencing a constant load.Therefore, the first step is to calculate the required thickness of the layer of bedding, and then tie the future, but also to plan the expected load.
- Before you apply a layer of expanded clay bedding need to take care of waterproofing that will protect podsypku from possible moisture penetration.For this purpose the most commonly used high strength polyethylene film.The joints are glued conventional adhesive tape film construction to form a single sealed web.The substrate is then laid on the perimeter of the room so that the edges of the overlapping pouring higher layer, on the walls, after the excess portion is trimmed.
- In order to get the maximum seal and prevent shrinkage of the floor then it is recommended to mix different fractions of expanded clay pellets (5 to 20 mm), which will contribute to a better wedging andcreates a stronger adhesion to the concrete.Especially important is a way to fall asleep during the warming of the floor in the bath, except where it is subjected to physical pressure, and even moisture.
- next stage - exhibiting beacons that help fulfill floor insulation with a minimum of errors in terms of bias.The first lighthouse established a few centimeters from the wall.Follow the guides mounted parallel to the first lighthouse on the length of the rule, which is used for leveling screed.Correctly exposed beacons provide a flat floor.Beacons themselves are usually made of metal tube or profile that is not caved in and securely fixed in a particular position.The more beacons will be installed, the better will tie.
- next step - fixing beacon on steep piles of cement, alabaster or plaster solution.Once the guides have been carefully aligned using a spirit level and securely fastened solidified solution, you can begin filling evenly expanded clay, tamped it.The level of filling must be checked, and do it with the help of a roulette or a template prepared by measuring the distance from the top of the lighthouse to the bedding.Irregularities and deviations are unacceptable.
- further expanded clay should be prepared before casting solution.It should be abundantly pour cement grout ("cement milk").This is done to give initial strength interlayer insulation, so that it does not move further during operation with a mixture of concrete or cement.Reinforcing floor grid of metal across the surface it will provide additional strength to reduce the risk of deformation of the coating load.
- final step - pouring the floor.The solution was thoroughly mixed to a consistency that can pour a layer of expanded clay.Begin to fill the wall opposite to the inlet to solution stretching level beacons.Section by section is filled floor around the perimeter of the room.
Important!When calculating the thickness of the layer of expanded clay have to remember that it is beginning to show itself as insulation, since the thickness of 10 cm or more.
should remember that when choosing a floor insulation haydite optimum coating on top of it is considered to be wooden.
walk on the flooded floor is not recommended before a week.But the process is complete solidification and obtaining the final strength of the coating is completed only four weeks.
During this time, the floor must be wetted with water periodically to prevent the formation of cracks.Check the readiness of the floor is possible with the help of a glass jar, putting it upside down.If it zapoteet, it will mean that the floor has not dried out.Alternatively, you can define the visual examination of the surface: shiny and dark floor is not yet fully dried up, and operate it while it is impossible.
Video: visual aid to future handlers ↑
correctly done as described above work will enjoy quality underfloor heating for a long time.