Laminate - a popular flooring that attracts benefits such as durability, reliability, ease of device, inexpensive cost and excellent appearance.However, when laying should be concerned about the presence of the insulating layer, which smoothes out irregularities, has shock-absorbing, sound and thermal insulation properties.Moreover, the substrate laminate, a component that starts the process of installing a beautiful and high-quality sex.
task and function of the substrate ↑
lot, trying to save money, consider that when laying laminate substrate can be dispensed with.But it is a misconception that is unlikely to help gain on building materials, on the contrary, then have to spend a considerable amount of removing the recently laid floor.
- sound and noise isolation.The substrate for laminate mutes the sound of footsteps, the noise from neighboring rooms and other noise that can interfere with work or leisure;
- insulation.Of course, the substrate is unlikely to fully replace the "warm floor", but playing in the winter kids on the floor allow easy;
- absence of squeaks.The creaking floorboards - a fairly common phenomenon, which can now be avoided;
- Increased service life of the laminate.Properly laid substrate may at times increase the life of the flooring.There are examples of special moisture resistant membranes for maximum stability and reliability of the floor;
- Remedy drops, roughness and defects of the floor.
Choice substrate under a laminate ↑
modern building materials market offers a lot of options other than the manufacturing method, quality characteristics, thickness.
In light of this situation, the substrate for laminate: what is better - an issue of concern to many.In order to find an answer to such a vital issue, you need to have at least a minimum of information on the topic.
substrate of foam ↑
most common, simple and accessible style.Resistant to solvents, oils, not afraid of moisture, bacteria and mold.Foam easily processed by standard tools and can be easily mounted.Laying produced butt area that is sized construction tape.
This is important!
In applying the foam under the laminate substrate thickness - 2 mm.
substrate of foam - a beautiful sound and paroizolyator having only one drawback - the loss of elasticity during use, resulting in a laminate gaps appear, emits a hollow sound when walking.
Plastic substrates are:
- of physically cross-linked polyethylene foam.It is characterized by higher rates of noise insulation, perfect for warming;
- of gas-filled polyethylene having a non-crosslinked structure and manufactured by extrusion (foaming gas);
- of chemically cross-linked polyethylene, are low cost, but at the same time having a good performance.
Composite materials and cork ↑
Such substrates are made of pressed cork crumb (serves as the base), and various additives.There are materials:
- TUPLEX - composite substrate from Finland, which has a thickness of 3 mm.The design consists of polystyrene beads, packed between the polymeric film.Wherein the lower layer - vapor-permeable, i.e.Moisture from the ground falls freely into the thickness of the substrate.The top layer is a vapor barrier film that promotes the conclusion of moisture through the ventilated plinth.
This is important!
When using the substrate TUPLEX condensation under the laminate is formed, and therefore, no fungus or mold you do not get any.
It is placed such composite subbase without tape - each equipped with a roll of adhesive overlap, allowing the sheets to connect into one system.
- best material for laying a laminate - cork backing, which is made from compressed and glued to sheets 2 mm thick cork.As the adhesive acts a natural component - Suberin.The main advantages of this natural raw materials - environmentally friendly, high heat and sound insulation properties, resistance to decay processes.Besides cork over time does not lose its original quality.
cork backing are divided into:
1. Bitumen-cork - is a database of cellulose impregnated with asphalt on one side.The cellulose is added to cork, such zaschity- thickness of 2-5 mm.The lower layer (tube) creates a ventilated cavity prevents condensation.Bitumen acts as waterproofing, making such a layer is particularly necessary in high humidity conditions.
2. Rubber-cork - consisting of technical cork, rubber granulate and the binder polymer.They have the best performance insulation, protection against vibration and shock waves extinguish.The thickness is chosen depending on the level of noise you want to muffle.
Izolon (foil substrate) ↑
quite popular material for insulation, which is a foamed polymer-coated metal foil.At arrangement comfort floors izolon indispensable foil, like a mirror, reflecting heat into the room floor.
Among the shortcomings we can mention the high cost: in the foil substrate have to pay three times more than the above types.
Properties substrate of glass fiber ↑
made on the basis of plate insulation and are used more often for the laminate 5-7mm thick, as well as for installation on a concrete or wooden base.Pros:
- Sustainability.During the manufacturing process does not apply the adhesive and other chemicals;
- Mechanical strength: plates are not compressed, do not deform (even when moisture);
- possibility of laying on the bare foundation of concrete or wood;
high soundproof quality, flexibility.
What you need to know when choosing?↑
When you select should be guided by the properties of materials.Note that artificial feed stably does not shrink, it is not subject to external influences.
Plastic substrates are good for leveling the surface, they perfectly absorb noise and make your floor is very warm.
cork under the laminate substrate mounted class "luxury" have zero absorption and noise wonderful disguise.
Bituminous materials placed if important good ventilation and protection from liquids.
This is important!
When selecting the substrate it is necessary to take into account the thickness and grade (economy, middle, first).
Video: how the substrate ↑
Now that all the necessary theoretical bases obtained by choosing the substrate under a laminate is not difficult.This means that the floor in your home will be of high quality, reliable, warm and beautiful.