What distinguishes our citizens from people who have long been living in developed capitalism?Basically, then, that our compatriots often a desire to carry out work at home with their own hands.And not because the money is not enough - a golden hands, and not be ashamed of our own to do something.For example, a home repair.And ceiling - whitewash, wallpaper paste over, or even attach the curtain and the wall - from the decor to the alignment, and floors - from the concrete base to a comfortable floor.All the power of our man.And lay linoleum, and laminate.That's our article on how to lay laminate.
Laminate - it ↑
Who of us, going to dorepairs in the apartment, not puzzled over the choice of the right materials?Especially in recent years the selection has become a truly rich and complex.Traditional wood floors, familiar to us since the days of the Soviet Union, l
One of these innovations - laminate floor, in common parlance - laminate.
Beautiful decor with flat panel under the natural material (wood, stone, tile), or using any picture very popular, despite some difficulties in nursing.So what is a laminate?
laminate sheet - a multi-layered structure, which layers are joined together by hot or cold pressing.
- top layer - resin film (laminated film) which is carrying out protection panels from various external influences
- second layer - decorative, this paper or furniture foil which has undergone special treatment and to give the laminate color and texture
- base layer - wood fiber orchipboard of high density (Russian abbreviation - fiberboard or particleboard, English - HDF, High Density Fibroboard), taking on the brunt
- bottom layer - impregnated with resins or unrefined paper or plastic, which protects the laminate plank against moisture and at the same time helps keep the shape
However, by using different materials for each layer, the laminate can vary widely in their characteristics.
Standard boards laminate often has such dimensions:
- length: from 100 to 140 cm
- width: about 20 cm
- thickness: 6 to 11 mm
edges of the panels are made in the form of grooves and ridges, forminglocking connection between panels.
Choosing the right laminate ↑
So, you've decided that you want to laminate flooring.Now you need to choose a brand of laminate, which is best suited for your apartment.What to do first?Before you go to the store, it is necessary to carefully study the available information on the laminate and its producers.Please note:
- warranty - different manufacturers give different warranty period for the laminate of a class
- class use laminate: Classes 21, 22, 23 are designed for home environments with low (bedroom), medium (for children) and high (kitchencorridor) pedestrian traffic classes 31, 32, 33 - business premises (meeting room, office, shop) with an increasing degree of load, but if you want to floors last longer, it is better to buy a laminate 32 and 33 class
- density of the panel -it can be calculated by a simple formula: the weight of the packaging laminate / (area of the panels in the package * panel thickness), all the data on the packaging, and for high-quality laminate density should not be less than 850 kg / m
- thickness of the panel - even forroom with a minimum load should not choose laminate board with a thickness of less than 7 mm
- type of connection - the most common, easy and reliable for an independent installation is Click-lock, Lock-lock requires more experience in the installation and adhesive bonding it is better to entrust theexperts
- appearance - there is on your personal taste, light or dark, shiny or matte, with a fancy pattern or trim a tree, see for yourself that is more consistent with the interior of your home
Well and manufacturers - the highest quality laminate different Belgian and Swedish production, also sells high-quality products Germany has a good brand from France.Beware of cheap laminate frankly - it is unlikely he will be able to serve for as long as you want.
carefully before buying Calculate the number of laminate that you need.Remember that when calculating the need to consider not only the total area of the sexes, but make sure to stock up on all sorts of unpredictability.This is especially true for those who first decided to try his hand at laying laminate.Here it is possible to take at least one package on top.Incidentally, in stores can normally return any unused packaging laminate for a minimum of 14 days.
Preparation for laying flooring ↑
specialists who know how to lay laminate flooring, believe that the most important thing during installation - smooth floor surface.The difference in height is permitted up to 2-3 mm per 1 m, otherwise your beautiful floors will be subjected to uneven load and too fast will be ruined.
What laminate panels can be laid?
- concrete floors
- wooden floors
- plywood or cork backing
- and even the old linoleum
But in any case the plane of the floor should be almost perfectly flat, which can be verified by abuilding level.If the surface is far from irreproachable, then you need to align the floor.
Leveling Concrete is most easily done with the help of self-leveling compounds, form a flat screed.If you want your floors are warmer, while standing on the concrete floor to lay plywood or cork (very high quality, but also very expensive).
Wooden floors before the laminate flooring is necessary not only to make a straight, but make sure they are strong enough.Beginners to rot board should be replaced by new ones, the floorboards creak or shift further attached to the joists with screws.In irregularities need to go a plane or sander.
linoleum laminate panels are laid only if the floor beneath linoleum strong and smooth.If you are convinced of this, then no additional procedures are not needed.
on a smooth and clean floors should pave the waterproofing.The cheapest way to protect from moisture - the usual plastic film strips that are placed with overlapping at least 20 cm and attached to each other with tape.More advanced craftsmen take polyethylene foam.Well, the professionals prefer to use a special substrate conceal irregularities, protect from moisture and noise, allowing to keep warm.
How to lay laminate flooring - videos ↑
After purchasing the required number of laminate is recommended to hold it right in packages in your home at least a couple of days.During this time, the laminate should be acclimated to the temperature and humidity, so that when there was no further application of deformation of the panel.
What tools are needed for installation of laminate?Minimum set:
- jigsaw or jigsaw (the second is clearly better, it can simply be rented, if the house is such a tool is not)
- tamping bar (preferably plastic)
- Restrictivewedges (they can be done by)
important rule : laminate panels must be separated from the wall by 8-15 mm to temperature changes when the floor is not warped.More precisely, the gap size is calculated based on the clearance of 1.5 mm per meter of laminate.
selected direction stacking panels (most often recommend to stack the board in the direction of the light incident from the window that allows you to mask the joints), you can proceed directly to the process.Some professionals recommend to grease grooves and ridges of water-repellent wax laminate panels that allow your floor is less afraid of the water.Spread a stack of boards around the room still a way to make it easier to combine a series of panels in the laminate.
spread the first row of boards, combining their end faces.The connection to the castle is very simple - the crest of one of the board is inserted into the slot preceding a slight angle, and then snaps the lock, pressing board inserted to the floor.On the walls set the wedges that provide the necessary clearance.The last cut the fret board to length.The second half of this panel can be used as the initial for the next row, if it is not less than 30 cm in length.If the remainder will be too short, then the second row start with a new board of sawn in half.After the second series was assembled laminate panels, the whole range of slightly raised ridge of side and insert into the grooves of the previous row, sink to the floor, check the strength of the lock clicks into place.In case of need (better safe than nedobdet) light hammer blows through a tamping bar series strengthen the connection.
important rule : laminate panels stacked "brick" masonry, so that the end joints of the next row were in the whole of the previous side.Offset the panels relative to each other must be at least 30 cm.
Further, our work is completely similar to the previous one.It differs only laying out the last of the series.And often the fact that in this case often have to cut the boards are not only across but also along to achieve the desired width.Figured clipping of small recesses in the laminate panel is needed when Coanda laminate in places where pipes pass.
How to lay laminate flooring - videos of all the nuances in the work of a professional attached to this article.In it you can see the whole process hands of a specialist.
is, in principle, and all.In the description, and even more so when watching videos it seems that laying laminate - a trifling matter, time - and you're done!But while his hands did not try, you do not understand all the secrets.However, this is no reason to give up independent work.In fact, patience and hard work (as well as expert advice) to help you quickly master the technology.
new skills and a good repair!