Produce self-leveling floor with their hands on forces and unprofessional builders.Technology is not as difficult as it may seem initially.After all, the material used when the device (for premises is usually polyurethane), elastic, quite easy to install.This seamless finish polymer coating is applied to the cement-sand screed or concrete base, sometimes - on a ceramic tile or wood floor.
As mentioned above, suitable for home flooded floors made of polyurethane.They are safe for health, durable, wear-resistant, to the same light and elegant, warm, shiny and have a variety of colors.Experts recommend doing coating thickness of 1.5 mm.A layer thinner than 1,5 mm - unpractical, such a surface i
set of tools and materials will be needed ↑
- containers (buckets) of not less than 20 liters for mixing the solution;
- drill for mixing (with nozzle) is not less than 300 rev / min;
- a trowel for leveling solution;
- squeegee with adjustable clearance required for installation of the solution;
- spiked roller with 14 mm needle;
- polyethylene film;
- kraskostupy (special footwear);
- the solvent to remove the polyurethane solution with tools;
- solutions for sealing cracks;
- hygrometer and sclerometer;
Technology training grounds ↑
absolutely any surface that will serve as the basis for self-leveling floor must be smooth to prevent run-off material.The degree of flatness can check two-meter rack-level (not permitted deviation & gt; 4 mm).
also to obtain a smooth surface it is important to maintain a certain humidity and temperature room:
- the room temperature does not & lt;15 c.C, but not & gt;25 c.With the (exact details can be found in the attached to the dry mixture of technical documentation);
- humidity is permitted no more than 80%.
Training wooden grounds ↑
three main components of the process of applying the polyurethane coating - "floor fillers - technology - with their own hands" ratherdifficult to combine intelligently by pouring it on a wooden floor.
better to entrust it to a professional or even eliminate the wooden base.If you are not afraid of difficulties, then follow the instructions below:
1. Make sure that the wood floor - completely dry (humidity & gt; 10%).
2. Remove the plinth.After completion you install new ones.
3. Clean the floor of the old paint, glue, varnish with a scraper, putty knife, wire brush, grinder.
4. Open the crack and smooth out the floor sandpaper.This will promote better adhesion.
5. Remove any dust with a vacuum cleaner, degrease the floor (you can use scouring powder).
6. seal the cracks with mortar.And best of all - align the tie.
Important!Too thin layer of floor polymer coating applied on wood base, can quickly crack.
precast concrete subfloor ↑
This is the best option at the base of self-leveling floors.Procedure:
1. The concrete foundation must to stand 28 days (if it is new).
2. Check the moisture content of the concrete screed (not & gt; 4%).Technology approximate calculation: take meter sheet of polyethylene film and the tape to secure the base surface and leave it for 24 hours.If a day on the inner surface of the film, drops of water are formed, and on the concrete - wet spot, then it is not sufficiently dried out.Another more accurate way - to carry out measurements with a carbide hygrometer (hygrometer).3. Check
compressive strength (no & lt; 20 MPa), and the peel strength (g. Of 1.5 MPa).For these purposes sclerometry.
4. Release the former base of the previous coating (of course, if there is one).
5. Remove the concrete remains of glue, paint, mastic, all oil stains.
6. Clean the surface from dust, seal the resin solution of building cracks, chips, dents, and the adhesive solution - small gaps and crevices.Minor irregularities remove the mosaic-polishing machines.You can also apply a coherent screed screed.
7. Check the horizontal using a spirit level.
Preparation of ceramic tiles ↑
1. Check the tightness of tiles, remove poorly adhering tiles and zashpaklyuyte the void.
2. Degrease tiling organic solvent
base primer self-leveling floor ↑
Primer - a second and very important stage of the whole process.The primer is needed to improve the adhesion (adhesion) filling the floor with its base to prevent the formation of air pockets and to improve spreading floor.
porous and dry soil surface in several passes to the complete closure of the pores.If the substrate is highly porous, then it is advisable to use high-viscosity primer.
Room temperature at the base of the primer should be constant or falling, or is inevitably the formation of bubbles.
primer is applied with a wide brush or roller.When the first coat is dry, it should be applied next.It is unacceptable that in the primed substrate dust settles, so to fill the floor need to begin in about a day.
prepare a solution to fill ↑
1. The proportions specified in the manufacturer's instructions, it is necessary to pour the water into a container and then to the sameto fill the dry mixture.
2. Using an electric beater solution was stirred for 10 minutes with short breaks to obtain a uniform mass.
3. Perform a test for spreadability.
1. Take a light plastic ring 4-5 cm in height and 5 cm in diameter.Suitable cap with spray foam shaving with a cut-down.
2. Replace the cover on a flat, smooth surface (better - on the glass).
3. Pour the ready solution to this cover.
4. cover is lifted, and the solution will be spread on the glass.
5. If the diameter of the solution rasteksheysya state is 16-18 cm, then it is optimal consistency.If the parameters are not optimal, the solution may be refilled in the dry mix or to add a water solution.
Important!Adding too much water in the solution may cause separation and cracking, slow-drying and reduce the strength of the floor filler.
hand made self-leveling floor!↑
work starts from the farthest from the entrance wall.It is necessary to fill the floor of one room with no interruptions, otherwise the differences in height are formed.
1. Pour the prepared solution on the floor screed so that the strip parallel to the wall.To the solution is evenly distributed and the observed thickness, using a spatula.Adjust the doctor blade thickness (3 - 5 mm).
2. rolled the solution inlet floor spiked roller to distribute it on the surface even better.Remove any air bubbles that were in solution.
3. Pour the next portion of the solution, flatten and rolled it.Continue until the entire floor will flood.
4. Upon completion of work, you can cover the floor foil or film that prevents dust and uneven hardening.
5. Above the self-leveling floor can be applied to a special polyurethane varnish, which will give a special gloss coating and improve its quality.
6. As decorative elements may be to use small pieces of the polymer sheet, applied to the floor just filled.Then, they and the entire floor must be covered with transparent polyurethane varnish.
Important!The obtained mixture must be applied within 60 minutes, and the time between applying the first and subsequent portions of the prepared solution can be not more than 10 minutes.
walk on the polyurethane self-leveling floor is allowed a day, although the full operation it will be useful only after 5 days.Heating system "warm floor" can be connected within a week.
Dry self-leveling floor mixture when mixed with water always give alkaline reaction, so direct contact with the skin will cause burns.Lay it must be special goggles with gloves.In addition, the solution has a pungent smell, thereby to mix and pour it needs a respirator.The workplace should be well ventilated.
Handwritten decorative flooring ↑
All decorative self-leveling floors are made on the same principles as usual with the addition of small elements.Species them very much.They are:
1. quartz sand when using small diameter chips or quartz sand on the cover creates a beautiful pattern.
2. Invoice.There are rough and smooth, glossy and matte.
4. Floors "chips."Special Effect decoration obtained by the application of non-ferrous particles ("chips"), consisting of a variety of pieces of acrylic paint.They are able to give the floor depth of similarity with natural granite or marble.
5. original designs, which are mixtures of different color.
6. Flooded floors with a photo and an artistic image is also quite common.
Video instruction: technology fills ↑
If you come to the realization of all technologies correctly, the self-leveling floor can be done qualitatively and itself.It is important to comply strictly with the technology of laying and operating conditions of the inlet floor.