This item home and infield familiar to almost everyone.This is a very simple protection from rain and snow!Its offer canopies made of polycarbonate, a photo of which talk about their diversity.Having a shelter to hide from the weather and it does not cease to enjoy nature and breathe fresh air.
Video Ideas canopies from polycarbonate ↑
Among the variety of materials of construction for canopies, special achievements famous polycarbonate.To learn how to make him such a device will be described in this article.
Advantages and disadvantages of this coating ↑
If you decide to arrange canopies made of polycarbonate with his hands, you must know the strengths and weaknesses of this unique and relatively inexpensive building material.
The advantages include the following features.
- high strength.Such a coating can withstand heavy loads fr
- flexibility.Thanks to it is possible to make the most original shape visors and awnings polycarbonate, up to the dome.
- ease.This is a very important feature, making it possible to do the job without help.
- Fire protection.It can withstand very high temperatures, as in case of fire does not ignite, while only melts.
- ability to transmit light well.This quality allows you to use it when the device greenhouses.
- high thermal conductivity.Because the honeycomb structure, there is great ability to keep heat inside the greenhouse, or other premises.
Once you have learned about the properties, you may think that polycarbonate - the ideal material.But there has not been without flaws.What he can upset his master?
- high coefficient of thermal expansion.When exposed to high temperatures it is strongly expanding.Therefore, solving the problem of how to make a canopy of polycarbonate, do not forget about the expansion joints.
- ability to easily scratched.Exposure to abrasion is so strong that even the dust from the constant presence of the outer surface becomes dull.Because of this lost light transmission protective elements.
Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of the material, you can proceed to the construction of small architectural forms by hand.
drawing and estimates ↑
It is worth mentioning that this stage of the construction is a must.Remember that the speed and ease of installation work will largely determine the accuracy, clarity and accuracy of drafting.Sheds made of polycarbonate, which drawings are made correctly, as a rule, less cost to owners.
need for the project - this is not a whim of the architect and designer.It is made for convenience, to correctly identify the design element, its purpose, size, scope of work, the overall cost, etc.The project includes drawing estimates for the cost of the work and materials, etc.
Homeowners who do not dismiss seemingly useless "drawing" and elementary mathematical calculation, there are always a winner.Give it just a few hours, you can really imagine the expected result.After compiling the project can proceed to construction.
Technology of canopies ↑
- First of all, you can make a metal frame for the canopy of polycarbonate.To do this will require the services of the welder, since it is made of a shaped tube.It can be of different cross sections - rectangular or square.
- Base for fastening sheets shall be made subject to certain rules.Firstly, they must be fastened on the pipe.Therefore, support tubes must have the pitch corresponding to the width of the sheet material.When you need to make small sheds, this requirement can be ignored, because then used only a small portion of the sheet.As an example, polycarbonate canopy over the porch.
- Attach the coating itself to the metal frame is quite simple, but it must be done securely and reliably.For fixing screws material used on metals to press the puck.Their device helps prevent the shed rainwater and melting snow.
- Another important point in the manufacturing process of small forms - correct coupling parts material.For this purpose, the connecting element used in the form of a strip of plastic.It has a two-sided groove into which will be inserted into the coating material.Such a connector at the same time creates a hidden expansion joint.Production of polycarbonate canopies provides for compliance with the following conditions - material must not rest on the until the end of the connector slots.There should be a gap, which will minimize the impact of changes in its size when thermal expansion (swelling or cracking).
- During the construction of this small shelter is necessary to pay attention to one point.It is necessary to close the ends of the material, due to dust and dirt, which can get into the cavities of polycarbonate without damaging the appearance of the product.For this purpose there is a special starter strip, made in the form of the letter "P".Depending on the kind of structure they have canopies from polycarbonate, or it is adhered to the sheet or firmly screwed to the frame.
In conclusion, we want to draw attention to some of the nuances that you need to consider when buying a polycarbonate.The presence of the protective film has been said earlier.In addition it is important to choose the right thickness, which is 4,6,10 mm.If the canopy has steep slopes, it is quite suitable thin material.The gentle slopes to withstand the layers of snow, so they need a thicker version (at least 6 mm).
you already understood that suburban awnings made of polycarbonate can be made with their own hands.If you are unable or unwilling to resort to welding, the basis for your protective cover can become a tree.We wish you a successful work!