use the fireplace for heating expedient rather from an aesthetic point of view, than practical.The fire calms and harmonises the psychological and emotional state of nature.Fireplace - the main decoration in the house, but beyond that, it acts as a drying room and increases air circulation.
Most modern fireplaces are made up of these parts: the furnace, the air distribution unit and the smoke and the lining.Hearths for fireplaces are the main element, the heart of the fire, which burns fuel directly.There are furnaces for cast iron fireplace and open fire clay.
Open chamotte furnace ↑
These furnaces are not embedded in the fireplace portal, they form a single whole with it.In the manufacture of such furnaces used carefully polished fireclay refractory brick,
heat efficiency open fireclay furnace depends on its shape.If the furnace has a vertical rear wall and two parallel vertical side, the heat of the fire is very low.Since only one reflects heat back wall.If the furnace is tilted back wall into the room, and deployed in the lateral side of the room, the heat will be reflected from all three of the walls.
Cast iron firebox fireplace ↑
for everything sometimes use wood-burning fireplaces, cast iron firebox.Inside the furnace burned wood, and the furnace keeps the heat in the fireplace.These furnaces can be either an open or closed.Today more and more popular furnace for cast iron fireplace closed.They are the glass-metal module various forms: classic, radial, in the form of a prism, a tunnel, angled, architectural, custom.Inside the module is a fire.The door opens either upward or sideways.
Classical furnace has a glass front panel width of 1 m, height - 0.8 m.
Radial or semi-circular furnaces have a semicircular glass.
A furnace in the form of a prism - prismatic.
tunnel furnace equipped with a glass rear wall.It is very convenient if the fireplace into two rooms.From each room you can watch the fire.
Corner furnaces have an angular frame and glass.
Architectural furnaces can have different shapes: convex, concave, arched, stretched across the width or height, and the shape of an ellipse or a full circle, which is achieved through a review of 360 degrees.Any non-standard furnace is made to order.
Benefits iron furnaces ↑
- high heat resistance at high temperatures are not deformed;
- high heat conductivity and heat capacity;
- material strength, resistance to burn-in;
- Continuous combustion in a furnace lasts longer;
- Long service life;
- Some models have dymoottalkivayuschim layer on the glass on the door so that no soot settles.
rear wall of the furnace of iron is carried out a plurality of protrusions.This design is a bit like the battery and increases the heat transfer area.
between the firebox and chimney lining there is a gap, which also plays an important role in heating.The wall of the furnace is covered with a heat insulating material, the air between the back wall of the fireplace and the furnace is heated and enters the room, entering through a special air vents.
Fireplace with open firebox ↑
In the classic open fireplace inserts can be made of firebrick, cast iron or steel.The efficiency of the fireplace is not more than 30%, so set it to decorate the room.
fireplace with an open combustion chamber requires a thorough foundation of the refractory brick or concrete.On the wooden floor to install a fireplace, you should not.Gender front of the fireplace in the 0.7-1 m placed as a refractory material.Most often it is tile or stone.
need to install an outdoor fireplace at the carrier (non-wood) wall in a large room for general use.
compare pluses and minuses ↑
Benefits fireplaces with an open combustion chamber:
- Familiar beautiful appearance;
- open fire;
- From firebrick any professional setter will make the furnace without difficulty;
- relatively cheap option (have to pay for the brick work and a stove-maker).
Disadvantages fireplace with an open combustion chamber:
- little efficiency;
- risk of fire or burns from open flames.It requires constant attention;
- If there are animals in the house, they can spread the ashes of the rooms;
- Over time, open the furnace of bricks is necessary to sort and repair;
- Selection of iron or steel furnaces open type is very small;
may seem that much more disadvantages than advantages, it is not.After all, everything is relative.It is necessary to weigh all the pros and cons, prioritize, and if the efficiency of the fire is not critical, it is possible to select an open fireplace.
fireplace with a closed combustion chamber ↑
In such fireplaces has a closed combustion chamber shape and is made of cast iron or steel.One or more of the walls is formed as a glass door.There are models in which the door goes up and hiding under the veneer using a special mechanism.Thus, it becomes an open fireplace.At the bottom of the furnace is another camera: the ash pan.From this air enters the combustion chamber.Correctly executed lining of the fireplace hides all mechanical devices, and a fireplace becomes very traditional look.
evaluate the merits and demerits ↑
advantages of fireplaces with a closed combustion chamber:
- Large selection of different models of furnaces;
- efficiency higher than the fireplace with an open combustion chamber;
- service life of more than a firebox of fireclay bricks.You can replace the burned-out parts without dismantling the furnace;
- biggest indicator of fire safety, as there is no open flame;
- not spread ashes around the house, as he was going into the ash pan;
- There are modules that simulate the fireclay bricks.
Disadvantages fireplace with a closed combustion chamber:
- No open fire, he of the glass;If
- cheap furnace, the review of a small, glass has small size, it must be cleaned frequently;
- iron furnace installation requires specialized knowledge and skills;
- high price of high-quality models.
This type of fireplace is ideal for heating without the danger of fire.The lining can be done most resembles a traditional fireplace, and sometimes used with the door open, enjoying the game of the flame.