main difference wallpaper for painting is the ability to quickly change the boring color.At the same time it spent a minimum of effort and money, because for the modernization of the interior is sufficient to re-paint the already previously pasted wallpaper in a brand new color.Also, this option walls suitable for families with small children who love to draw in non-designated places.Children's hidden traces of wall paintings in the cellar.All interested in this finishing material are concerned about how to hang wallpaper for painting so that they withstood repeated staining in the future.The process is not complicated.
Materials and tools ↑
- wallpaper for painting;
- glue for this type of wallpaper;
- special rubber roller;
- brush for applying the adhesive;
- stationery knife.
types of wallpaper under painting ↑
There are three basic types of wallpaper, suitable for multiple coloring.
- wallpaper with paper base, composed of two layers, impregnated with water-repellent composition.It is this treatment allows this finishing materials to maintain water resistance even after several applications latex paint.Paper wallpapers for painting can not hide very carefully leveled surface.
- wallpaper made on non-woven backing, have excellent masking properties that allow them to hide small cracks and minor irregularities, available on the walls.Non-woven wallpaper for painting are ideal for use in new buildings.
- Glass wall for painting, having a high wear resistance and toughness, are most commonly used in offices, hotels and other public areas.While the flats they also find use.
Wallpaper for painting sold in rolls of a width of one meter.
meter-wide to reduce the number of joints.The roll may be 10 m, and 25 are economical to purchase a 25-meter rolls, since reduced the number of unnecessary scrap.Also, the repair cost is lowered.
How glue paintable wallpaper: Milestones ↑
1. At the initial stage, the surface preparation of the walls.This removes the old wallpaper.Difficult pieces of cloths moistened with water, after which they can be easily removed with a metal spatula.If necessary, the walls and cover shpaklyuyut primer.As the primer can act and wallpaper paste, diluted in accordance with the instructions.
2. Next, measured the height of the walls.Wallpapers cut into the cloth of the resulting measure, while experts recommend adding a couple of centimeters on both sides for stock.When Wallcovering under painting on non-woven backing some masters skip this step.Wallpapers unwound to the required length, glued to the wall and cut off office knife on the plinth.
3. Clay purchased from the hardware store for the selected type of wallpaper for painting, diluted according to instructions.Thus the amount of water is metered in with vigorous stirring is added to the package contents.After a few minutes the adhesive ready for use.
4. All paintable wallpaper paste butt, because they have a dense structure.When made with wallpaper based on paper, the adhesive is first applied to the web, then onto the wall.Edge fabric tuck for the convenience of its movement.Stuck on the wall, aligning the edge of the plumb line.With a special rubber roller leveled wallpaper, remove air bubbles.It is much easier to work with non-woven wallpaper base and with steklooboyami, as in this case, the adhesive is applied only on the wall.
5. Surplus wallpaper office knife cut off and removed the excess glue with a damp sponge.
Video instruction for self-laminating ↑
Before staining, pasted wallpaper is allowed to dry for a day.Preferred color shade obtained by caramel, which is added to latex paint in the desired amount.