Depending on the nature of the surface, the curvature of the walls and functionality apply different methods of fastening the drywall.After reading this article, you'll learn how to fasten drywall to the wall, get acquainted with the methods of attachment.Armed with knowledge, you will be able to choose the most appropriate version of the work.
There are two basic ways to mount drywall: frameless and frame.Frameless easiest way.It does not require facilities frame.Fixing plasterboard to a wall by means of the adhesive plaster.
Frameless mounting method ↑
Prerequisites for fixing plasterboard frameless way:
- solid foundation that has no crumbling areas and defeat the fungus;
- Wall freezes are not protected from moisture;
- surfaces free of dust, paint, oil.
This method is preferably applied with a small curvature of the walls.
Materials and tools:
- plasterboard wall (12, 5 mm);
- dry plaster mixture;
- capacity for breeding gypsum mixture;
- paint knife;
- typically 1.5-2m;
- rubber mallet;
- fishing line;
of work stages :
- produce measurements of the wall.We plan placement of sheets of drywall, it is important to avoid cross-shaped joints (sheets should be positioned with an offset).
- Prepare the surface.We cleaned of dust, peeling and crumbling.The porous and highly absorbent surfaces must be primed.
- Cutting sheets of drywall.In addition to the whole may need to insert sheets, they must be pre-cut.If the ceiling more than 2, 5 m (standard length of the sheet) will need to dock inserts that are cut out in advance.Straight cuts are comfortable doing a painting knife, cutting board on one side and slamyvaya sheet on the cut line.After slitted cardboard on the other side.Curves radius cuts made jigsaw.
- is followed to prepare the adhesive plaster mass.The adhesive can be used as a mixture of gypsum slow solidification.For example, starting putty.You can also use stucco, but to prolong its freezing in the water to be added for stirring PVA glue or wallpaper paste.
- gluing sheets of drywall.The thickness of the adhesive layer depends on the curvature of the surface.If the surface is relatively flat, it can be glued directly on the wall.The adhesive is applied with a notched trowel over the entire surface of the sheet of drywall or large droplets using a trowel.To level the greater curvature of the walls must be pre-set "beacons", which are made of plasterboard strips width of about 10cm."Lighthouses" glued vertically along the perimeter and at intervals of 40-50cm.First, use a plumb expose the left and right extremes "lighthouse", then use the fishing line strung between them, secure the remaining vertical stripes.The upper and lower horizontal "beacons" flattened by the rules.Sheets of drywall pressed against the rule, placing it in different directions, tapping it with a rubber mallet.It is important to keep the seams between the sheets and 5-7mm gap: 7-10mm from the floor, 3-5 mm from the ceiling.It is convenient to use ready-made wooden wedges.After drying glue joints sealed filler, it closes the gap near the floor skirting, and clearance from the ceiling zashpaklyuetsya.
Frame mounting method ↑
Frame method is more complicated and expensive, but has a number of advantages.
advantages attaching drywall to the wall of the carcass method:
- improved thermal acoustic insulation;
- ability to align the large curvature of the walls;
- requires careful surface preparation;
- can be used in freezing walls for the purpose of insulation.
necessary frame construction, which will be attached sheets of drywall.The frame can be made of wooden bars (30 to 50 mm) of galvanized or profiles.Reiki wooden frame fixed with screws and dowels, and exposed wooden linings.
wooden frame cheaper galvanized profile, but with a galvanized profile work easier and more convenient.In addition, galvanized profile reliable, and pieces of wood over time may simply rot.Let us dwell on the method of attaching drywall to the galvanized profile.
Tools and materials:
- plasterboard wall;
- galvanized profiles;
- metal hangers (fasteners for the profiles);
- screws and dowels;
- spatula, putty;
- plumb, a tape measure;
- Bulgarian, tin snips;
of work stages when mounting the carcass way
First of all, make measurements of the wall and mark up the site of attachment profiles and hangers.Along the perimeter of the guide profiles attached: the top to the ceiling, the lower to the floor, side to the walls.The guide profiles of the vertical load-bearing profiles are inserted at intervals of 40 cm in the center of the profile, which are attached to the wall hangers.Suspensions should be placed at a distance of 80cm (one under the other).Then we make installation frame.Please fasten the ceiling upper guide profile using the perforator, dowels and screws.Regarding the top with the help of a plumb exposed and secured to the floor of the lower guide profile.Next, attach the side rail sections, then attached hangers, and then inserted into the guide bearing profiles, they must be secured to the suspension chetyrehmillimetrovymi screws.The frame is ready, you can begin to mount sheets of drywall.
To improve sound and heat insulation space between the wall and the plasterboard should be filled with mineral wool.Fasten drywall screws 25 mm long, twisting them screwdriver so that the cap screws in drywall went to a depth of 1-2 mm.In the presence of inserts and horizontal joints, it is important to remember that at each joint must also be installed carrier profile mounted with the help of so-called "crabs" (single-level connector).It is also important to remember the displacement of gypsum boards.Seams and holes from the screws sealed filler.
often mount plasterboard walls to fulfill the purpose of rapid economical "clean" alignment.From a technological scheme of work introduces video:
The result is a flat wall - an ideal base for further finishing that, in fact, required.