Batten - a board of selected wood, which sheathe facades, walls and ceilings indoors, balconies, loggias, verandas.The advantages of lining weight.It is durable, facilitates uniform distribution of the humidity level in the room and prevents stagnation of condensate, excellent retains heat, has a higher sound quality and its aesthetic appearance and a pleasant smell of wood - apart from the competition.To wood is darkened with time and not lost their attraction because of unfavorable external influences, it must be protected with special coatings.Below, we describe in detail how and what to paint linings inside the house, outside on the balconies, loggias, terraces.
The painted facade linings ↑
most prone to aging and to degradationboards, which are covered with facades.It is influenced: moisture, ultraviolet
surface protection of wood, there are several types of coatings.The main ones are:
- glazing (translucent) antiseptics;
- overprint (opaque) antiseptics;
- oil paints;
- acrylic paint;
- very popular akvalaki acrylic and alkyd varnishes.
What to choose?↑
- coatings, antiseptics absorbed into the wood a few millimeters in depth and protect the lining from the effects of UV radiation, precipitation, mold, blue stain and rot.
- translucent antiseptics perfectly preserve the texture of wood, give it a richer hue, better than other coatings emphasize the natural beauty of drawing a tree.
- Opaque antiseptics completely cover wood texture, while maintaining a prominent relief wooden surface.
- Oil paint is very well absorbed into the wood, have excellent weatherability, prevents the penetration of moisture in it.But they are rather slow to dry (at least 7 hours, and more often - a few days), they tend to change over time, the color and matting, which is most noticeable in the dark and bright shades of paint.
- Acrylic paint Weatherproof, better keep oil saturated color, luster, good "breathe", ie, they have a water vapor permeability, elastic, not crack.Modern acrylic akvalaki more environmentally friendly compared to other, often they recommended to treat the inner surfaces.
- Alkyd paints are solid, they are typically coated floors.The service life of paints and lacquers is from 5 to 10 years, after which the process will have to re-lining surface.
Of all types of coatings applied to glazing facades preferable to use antiseptics proven manufacturers.Judge for yourself: if after use paint ever loss of natural beauty of the natural tree cover, the translucent material will retain and emphasize the structure of the material.
After all, the goal you are pursuing when knocked clapboard facade, is not it?Good study instruction.Choose those coatings that are not afraid of cold.You can also buy any other kind of varnishes and paints, most of them are universal, sometimes the difference is only in the number of layers.For the treatment of the facade of the house is necessary to put at least 3 layers.
battens The paint on the balcony and indoors ↑
on balconies, loggias and verandas battens on the walls better cover akvalakami and floors - alkyd paints (of course, if they are wooden).Likewise, it is recommended to process linings indoors.But it is important for those who want to protect this wood coating, while maintaining its original natural appearance.Typically, the material used indoors pine.Its original color - gold, varnishes prevent it darkening, which is inevitable, if not treated in a similar means.
Different types of paint should be used for those who want to change the color of the walls in accordance with the interior space is sheathed.After using the paint bunk can be given any desired color - from pure white to, for example, bright red.The most popular are satin water-based paints, which are intended for use on wood and metal.Usually it consumed 1 liter of paint at 10 square meters.meters.
technology step by step ↑
To handle lining, you will need:
- Tray Painter
- Safety glasses
- Brush (sometimesmay come in handy spray gun or roller)
Next will be the sequence of actions:
1. Clean the surface from dust, dirt and traces of the old structure.This is a very important step.Paints and varnishes can not be applied to the dirty surface.Therefore, clean off all dirt and old paint brush or scraper, washed well with water.If the flaps are on the old structure bunk hold strongly enough, you can try to wash it with a solution of soda (300 g in a bucket of water (hot)).This is usually enough to clean off all the good.Mildew can be removed with a special solution to remove mold.Old paneling, rotten planks and curves must be replaced with new ones.For cleaning you can use a special bleaching or lightening stained.For better adhesion of paint to the surface it can be degreased with alkaline detergents
2. Sanding across the wood surface.This can be done quite effectively by using the pumice plain.
3. Application of an antiseptic primer if necessary.This step can be and miss, but the durability of the applied composition of these works better to produce.The fact is that for pine, spruce and many other tree species are so-called "resin pockets" in the area felled knots.Resin, which is allocated from time to time of such formations, lowers the protective properties of the septic tank or ink.Primers are different: for external, separately and for interior work are made and antifungal, and protivoplesnevye primers, etc.They significantly prolong coatings.Therefore, pre-problem areas lining primed and wait until primer is dry (usually lining dries up in a day).
4. The last stage of the surface is covered with paint or transparent antiseptics.For their application using spray gun, roller or brush.Finish applied to bunk with a thin layer, producing continuous motion of the brush from the top down.Brush is recommended to avoid spending more than once on one and the same place.Paint only the tips of the bristle brush, but not the bottom.When the first layer dries, is applied to the second and then a third, if necessary.It should be borne in mind that a few thin layers will keep longer than 1 thick.The final layer is applied from the top down, or stains from the brush will be visible.
Useful tips ↑
If you want to really qualitatively perform painting and want to the life of the paintwork on the bunk was as long as possible, be sure to observe the following tips
- Mix paintas thoroughly as possible before and during the painting, otherwise the color and gloss coating will be uneven.
- Make a test paint, for example, on a small plot of unused board.So you can check the correctness of the chosen color.
- It is best to paint brush.But do not apply it too thick layers in order to avoid non-uniformity of color and surface gloss.
- Do not be surprised, but sometimes in the course of work you may need tsigeykovye gloves.The key is that the lining may alternate with pipes and other metal elements.Previous pipe paint is very difficult, since one side is always on the ground.So just remove the tsigeykovuyu mitten fur outside, put her on the arm and lower in the paint to be used as a brush.1 minute in such a unique way to paint possible up to 5 m pipe.
- Try zakolerovat primer in a color that will match the most forthcoming paintwork.
- not paint exposed to direct sunlight, otherwise the paint can dry quickly undesirable.It is better not to make paint work in bright, sunny weather and on hot days, as in the days of rainfall.Optimum weather for painting - windless, cloudy and warm.
- ends of boards - it's weakest points, the most water through them quickly and easily absorbed into the wood, which is why they require particularly careful handling.Cover them with several layers of primer paint material.
- Keep in mind, intending to paint the facade of the building - if no bunk gross structural defects, it can be easy to paint again in the same or a different color.We just need to stick to one rule: for re-painting always use the same cover that was present in the bunk above.Types of colors is easy to determine visually.Acrylic paint cracks in the direction of the wood fibers and has a leathery surface.It can be torn off and roll into a tube, while it will not break.In this experiment oil paint faults with a bang.We usually antiseptic glossy film.The surface with antiseptic allowed to repaint them well or oil paint.
Video: again about painting lining ↑
All the recommendations in this paper are aimed at both the extension of the life of the lining, and to improve its aesthetic appearance.After all, without a special paint to protect it will soon be dark, there appeared to mold, fungi and other microorganisms that provoke rotting.Choosing optimal coverage, you can significantly extend the life of lining, as well as arrange your interior in any pleasing style.