Think about how to design plasterboard with their hands?For the knowledgeable person to implement such ideas is not difficult, and for a beginner - the problem is solvable.It's a great way to save money and gain important skill if you do it the first time.Having mastered the ceiling, you will not be difficult to make the slopes, piers, to sheathe the walls of this material.Plasterboard is very popular, almost none of the repair is not without its use.And there are a number of reasons.
Benefits plasterboard ceilings ↑
- Drywall, which consists of a sheet of gypsum, lined with cardboard, absolutely harmless.It does not emit toxins and neallergichen.Therefore, it carved ceilings in bedrooms, children and any other premises.
- Its surface is smooth, even and without cr
- Good sound absorption, thermal insulation qualities.
- ability to create an original design of the ceiling, for example, the construction of multi-level structures with stucco.
- Plasticity (sheets allowed to bend, moisten before that, and then by drying with hot air, used for finishing curved surfaces).
- Helps conceal communications (ventilation ducts, water pipes, various cables), use the built-in types of lamps.
So, considering all the benefits you have decided to equip the ceiling is using this finishing material.The next step you have to choose its particular species.
Species plasterboard properties ↑
- GCR - gypsum board, faced on both sides of the soft cardboard glued on the surface of the plaster.The standard length of these sheets can be, and 2000, and 2500 and 2600, and 2750, and 3000 mm, width - 1200 mm.They are of a thickness of 12.5, and 9.5 mm.For residential use better 9.5 to lighten the weight of the structure.Trim gray cardboard.
- GKLO - fire-resistant gypsum board.It is not usually used in apartments, but only in the factories, for finishing duct communications mines.
- gypsum plasterboard - water resistant gypsum board.Applied in bathrooms and kitchens, bathrooms, but only if there is a ventilation and protection of the front surface waterproofing compounds, ceramic tiles, waterproof paints, primers, or ceramic tile.Trim green cardboard.
- GKLVO - moisture-resistant gypsum board increased fire resistance.It combines all of the above properties.
- GVL - gypsum sheets.They are not pasted over cardboard.Plaster is reinforced with special fluff pulp waste paper.Such sheets have a high hardness and resistance to flame.They correspond to the standard dimensions of a conventional sheet, but the thickness of more - 6 or 10 mm.
- GVLV - moisture-resistant gypsum sheets.
Installation and unit ceiling ↑
This design of 4 main elements:
1. The sheets of drywall.
2. Ceiling guide profiles UD (28-27 mm) and ceiling profiles basic CD (60h27 mm).Guides - fixed to the wall just below the ceiling along the entire room around the perimeter.They have inserted the main supporting profiles (lengthwise).In between is the secondary (transverse) profiles.Sheets of drywall are attached to this profile (longitudinal and transverse).They can be found on the C-shaped curved edges, corrugations and longitudinal stiffeners.
3. direct suspension (universal) and clamp.The most frequently used direct universal hangers U-shaped, which are attached to the main ceiling, and it is already attached to the basic shapes.Suspensions are frequent holes in the side portions.This allows you to fasten it to the profile at different heights by adjusting it.
4. Connector: anchors and dowels, through which are attached to the ceiling hangers, fasteners crab - fastened to the main longitudinal main transverse profiles, dowels, guiding profiles are attached to the wall.
usually frame consisting of profiles on the suspension, divided into two types: single-level and multilevel.
ceilings plasterboard, respectively, too.
for drywall ceiling, you will need the following tools:
- level (preferably water)
- Drill with hammer with different attachments: for mixing a solution for drilling (drill), to cut the necessary holes for the fixtures)
- simple triangle or square (to measure angles)
- Paint cord chipping or pencil
- Construction hacksaw
- Point light ceiling
for the final stage of the alignment of the ceiling will need:
- Building knife
- tank filler
- reinforcement tape
How to make plasterboard: step by step instructions ↑
After all materials, tools and components are prepared, you can startthe installation.
1. First, determine how the new ceiling will be below the base.A minimum of 10 cm will have to sacrifice, because the standard built-in lamp is a 9 cm in height.
2. Make marks on the walls around the perimeter for mounting the guide profiles.For this purpose, in all corners of the measure the height of the room.Choosing the lowest corner, mark the required distance from the floor (this floor, but not from the ceiling), denoted by the horizontal along the wall using a water level.Lines can fight off the cord of a painting planned point level.
3. On the lines of the wall drill holes for dowels in the wall with a pitch of 30-40 ms, and then fasten the guide profiles.
4. Now fasten the ceiling suspensions in increments of 60-70 cm, after outlining the parallel lines, ie,make a layout that guides.
5. Insert the key into the guide profiles.
6. Fasten basic shapes to the suspension, then they Bends.For smoothness, it is desirable to pull the fishing line or cord.
7. The main profile is fixed basic secondary profiles.They are fastened in places where you plan to join sheets of drywall.It turns out a kind of metal grid, which is a single-level framework.
8. Laying the wires for future postings.Do not forget to cut a groove in which the cable will be held.The grooves should be placed in the wall from the switch to the ceiling.After the cable, follow the wiring in the ceiling, release the free ends of the lamp in a pre-specified locations.
9. The next step - fixing drywall to the frame.
Fixing material to the frame ↑
After the metal frame built, you must attach it gispokartonnye sheets.It is a complicated procedure, the execution of which is divided into several stages:
1. Cutting using a handsaw - a special, fine-toothed (or normal office knife).It is best to cut the sheets 120h250 or 120h125 see. The main thing is that the ends of the sheet accurately accounted for the supporting frame lath.The sheets should lie on a flat surface (preferably on the table) horizontally.Further along the level of spend on drywall knife from the front.Then slide the sheet off the table and cracked it.After the turn the board and cut the other side.
2. edges formed after the cut is treated with a plane.She should get a smooth, without breaks.All protruding edges are cut with a sharp knife.
3. Cut a hole built-in lights and ceiling outlet.They should be carefully measured by determining the exact location on the sheet, then mark and then cut out using a drill with the right nozzle or a hacksaw.When through the drywall will pass the pipe, the diameter of the hole should be done & gt;10, the diameter of the pipe.
4. Finishing the ceiling plasterboard.Gypsum boards may be fixed to the skeletons of two ways: longitudinal and transverse.When they cross fastening are perpendicular to the main bearing metal profiles.In longitudinal - in parallel with the main load-bearing profiles.If there are additional lath, the mounting sheets is necessary to conduct their angle in two perpendicular directions.If additional Reshetin not, then fixing is conducted from the end of the sheet or from the center.Screws are set to 10-15 mm from the edge of the sheets.Screws are installed on the front surface of the sheet and perpendicular to such a depth, that their heads were unable to penetrate the cardboard and does not protrude above the facing surface.Also, they should be included in the metal frame & gt;10 mm in depth.The length of the screws is chosen based on the total thickness of the planned plasterboard linings.The maximum allowable distance from one screw to the other - 150 mm.This quantity can be doubled if the coat plates repeatedly.The guide profile screws should be installed close to the back wall, then screw can not fold it back into the rack profile.Cardboard should not be disheveled in places where screws will be attached.If the screws are deformed or have been placed by mistake, then they are removed and placed at a distance is not new & lt;50 mm from mounting the wrong place.
Important!Joints sheets should always be placed on the profile!
Gypsum boards do not need to do right next to the walls.The gap is better not putty, and cover the ceiling area.Then, in the case of expansion boards can avoid deformation of the ceiling.For direct mounting to the ceiling tiles need to work together, or use the same props.
Plates should be positioned horizontally to adjust to each other and tighten the screws to the frame.
Important!Before installing drywall should not & lt;2 days complete rest in a room where it will be mounted.Then he gains the humidity and temperature of the room.
5. sealing of joints.It is not necessary putty immediately.Wait 2 days.Then, check the joints for defects and eliminate them.Surface cleaned from particles and dust.Better to use reinforcing tape, placing it in all joints.It prevents cracking.If you use an expensive, high-quality plaster, then it is sufficient to process only the joints (and then paint on the fiberglass of the gun) if cheap - then it should be putty entire ceiling, and then make a painting roller.Procedure:
- clean the joint edges, moisten them, fill joints putty, pressing with a spatula;
- causing the base layer of putty, lay reinforcement tape, pressing it with a spatula.Do not leave air bubbles.The surface of the tape with a thin layer of putty and wait for the complete drying;
- sanded joints with sandpaper;
- apply a layer of putty on the pre-dried layer;
- put another layer of putty leveling and let dry;
- remove irregularities with sand paper.
device ceiling of the second level ↑
- plan ahead, make a drawing of the figure, its outline on the ceiling.
- Recapture from the first level of the ceiling height of the second.
- Fasten guide profile.
- make installation main guide to the second level of the main guide, ribs first.
- profile bending radius for the necessary areas.
- Dilute wires under the lights.
- Scrollsaw plate the desired shape and attach it as the first level.
- Scrollsaw drywall strip and close the box.
- used lamps.
If you strictly follow the above instructions, the questions as to fix the drywall to the ceiling, will remain.You will be able to do everything carefully and accurately.It is enough to show patience, effort and you can get excellent ceiling construction, made with his own hands.