Finishing the ceiling always takes a lot of thoughts owners.It would be desirable, and so beautifully turned out and inexpensively and quickly, and efficiently.But any work associated with finishing plaster, not stretched for a day and require significant financial investments.Besides, a few years it will take to refresh the surface.Fabric stretch ceilings - aesthetics for the lazy.The cost of such ceilings even with the installation will be less than the materials for plastering.Self installation takes no more than a few hours.And colors can satisfy even very intricate design ideas as well as fabric ceilings can be painted, apply any image manually or by printing.
Truth and fiction about the fabric ceilings ↑
Modern solutions of suspended ceilings made of fabric were relativelyrecently, but already had time to acquire myths.This is largely due to the desire of producers and sales agents to advertise their goods and led to the fact that the fabric webs is credited with completely absurd or contradictory qualities.On the fabric ceilings reviews the real owners are also very different from praise to be disappointed.Therefore, we try to distinguish between myth and reality.
real benefits of fabric paintings ↑
- resistance to temperature .Operating temperature range of fabric paintings range from - 40 ° C to + 80 ° C.This allows you to install them in unheated areas such as terraces, verandas, balconies, in newly constructed homes.
- seamless .Fabric webs are produced with different widths, the maximum is 5.1 m. This is enough to pull the fabric without seams in most rooms.If the width of the room is more than 5 meters, the installation of a stretch ceiling fabric over the entire surface is not possible, since the paintings are not connected.
- strength .Cloth fabric is not easy to scratch or damage the accident with a sharp object, a knife or a dart.
- does not require precise measurements for mounting .Cloth stretch ceiling with purchased stock and then cut off the excess.
- Easy installation .Fabric stretch ceilings do not need to work with a heat gun, warm room.All work is reduced to the installation of a baguette and web tension.
- material does not burn .
- not electrified .
- can be painted with acrylic paints to 4 times .
Myths and Realities quality ↑
- Sustainability .The material for the fabric ceiling is completely synthetic polyester impregnated with polyurethane.In some exceptional cases, they produce fiberglass fabric or natural fibers, but their naturalness is completely reduced to zero impregnated polyurethane.In fact, arguing that the fabric ceilings clean, meaning that they do not stink and do not emit fumes even in the case of heating.This environmentally friendly finishes.On the other hand: the majority of apparel is now made of the same polyester, so if you are wearing similar clothing, synthetic stretch ceiling will not play any role.
- Protects against flooding .Cloth stretch ceiling actually waterproof, for he is just impregnated polyurethane.Strength of the web is also sufficient to withstand the high pressure of water.But there is one important caveat.Ceiling inelastic cloth does not stretch as PVC, so in the case of heavy flooding is likely to break out of the web mounts, and the water will still result in the room.
- Breathability .This myth has appeared because of the large knitted fabric, which would be seen as the pores.Manufacturers themselves are skeptical that their breathable fabric.So fabric ceiling is not "breathe" as any synthetics.
- Easy operation .Textile fabric absorbs odors and dust accumulates on it.Practical it will not name.Although the owners say that the ceiling is easy to clean with a cloth and ordinary soap and water.
it better fabric or PVC ↑
How to choose a stretch ceiling depends primarily on the operating conditions, and the personal preferences of the owner.Just wanted to clarify that the more expensive fabric ceiling PVC ceiling at least 1.5 - 2 times.
If we consider the question of aesthetics and color variety, there is definitely a PVC ceiling win on all counts.Standard colors for PVC film more than 200, while the tissue webs - not more than 20 pieces.Fabric ceiling can be painted with acrylic paints, apply any drawings or photo printing, but the image will always get washed out.Nor is it possible to make a fabric ceiling glossy.While the pattern on PVC film so realistic that is able to be immersed in the atmosphere.
The most common cloth cap similar to the quality stucco, and this is its main advantage.If you do not want to mess with plaster, you can safely use the suspended ceiling.
PVC films are afraid of low temperatures, even at 0 ° C, it begins to crack, so that in the open and unheated rooms must only be installed fabric ceilings.
undeniable advantage of fabric ceiling is easy to install in comparison to PVC.It takes much less time and requires no special equipment and skills.Also, during mounting web difficult to tear or damage.
In larger rooms the ceiling cloth is preferred, since the width of 5 m. If we set the ceiling of PVC, his paintings have to be welded.This seam is the weak point of the structure.The naked eye can not see it, but if you focus attention on it, so to speak "catch eyes", even in the monochromatic surfaces he noted.
significant drawback of PVC ceiling is that with the beginning of the heating season, the film begins to exude an unpleasant odor technical.For many owners complain about it.This property is absolutely devoid of textile fabric.So, choosing a suspended ceiling, will have to weigh many "pros" and "cons", not to be mistaken.
mounting technology with their hands ↑
domestic market offers products of only two known companies, this fabric ceilings Clipso (Switzerland) and Descor (Germany).Cloth Descor somewhat thinner, so it can fix shtapikovym or wedge method .
Universal mounting options as the tissue tension ceiling is a clip-on fasteners .Make it yourself can be just a couple of hours, but have to call other assistance.
Simple preparations ↑
First we need to measure the distance from floor to ceiling installation level.The minimum clearance between the ceiling and the web can be 2 cm. Next, the lowest point, and from it is applied to the future level of tension ceiling by a thread construction at the perimeter of the room.
Installing wall moldings or profile ↑
to secure the fabric suspended ceilings sell special prints of durable plastic that has a latching clip that holds the inside fabric.Cropped strap baguette at an angle equal to half the corner of the room to join them.
Fix the baguette to a wall or ceiling (this is a separate type of baguettes) around the perimeter of the room.Mounts have a pitch of 10 cm. Zasverlivaem holes, then insert the dowels into them, putting a baguette and fasten it with screws.
tensioning and securing tissue fabric ↑
canvas fabric ceiling is most often sold in convolutions.It must be removed from packaging and straighten.Then, the web should be taken together, one will be temporarily secured, and the other to support the weight.With a special rounded spatula cloth tucked into a baguette.Please make temporary fixing in the region of 50 - 70 cm from each other.From the corner back down at least 30 cm.
start to fill the canvas with a short wall, then the opposite of it.At last - a long wall.Carefully stretch the fabric and rolled it into a baguette rounded spatula.You must move from the middle to the corners of the walls.The last fixed angles.
As the web is fully enshrined in the baguette, cut off the excess with a knife stationery.In order not to damage the fabric, put a baguette under a long spatula underneath and make the cut.
If during tension were small waves, you can get rid of them, warming up at this point the canvas hairdryer.Installation of decorative baseboards made only after finishing walls.
As you can see, the process of mounting the tissue stretch ceiling is quite simple and requires no special knowledge.To better understand the technology of the installation, we suggest to watch the video, which describe two different ways of installation.