One of the most important components of a comfortable home is a warm floor.This is especially true for families with small children.Ideally, take care of the warming of the floor should be at a stage of construction.If you have purchased a house in the secondary market or made mistakes during its construction, it is necessary to insulate the finished floor.In this article you will learn how to properly insulate the floor of a new home and how to correct errors builders.
Terms of insulating floors ↑
If you yourself do construction of a new home, pay particular attention to the proper formation of rough and finish the floor.Do not try to save - to no good it will not.Most likely, in a few years you will have to correct their own mistakes.Th
If a house is no basement, it is simple enough to warm.
- In the case where the water table is at a depth of less than 2m, it is necessary to start with a waterproofing.
- then install subfloor.
- next step is laying insulation material.This can be a mineral wool, expanded polystyrene or expanded clay.
Important!With mineral wool insulation of the floor must be laid underneath a layer of waterproofing material.Mineral wool absorbs moisture easily, and under its influence rapidly destroyed.
- Mount finishing planed floor board, particle board, or OSB-plates.
insulation floor in an old house ↑
Of course, it is possible and in an old house completely disassemble the floor and build it from scratch, but more often it is inappropriate.Such a radical solution to the problem you need only when the low ceiling in the house and raise the level of the floor is extremely undesirable.
Choosing insulating material ↑
order to decide what to insulate the floor in a private house, it is necessary to consider all offers modern building materials market.The most common insulating materials for floors include polystyrene, mineral wool and expanded clay.Let's look at the pros and cons of each of these heaters.
Keramzit - inexpensive and eco-friendly material.Its undeniable advantages include durability and moisture resistance.However, the insulating ability of expanded clay is much lower than that of polystyrene foam or mineral wool.
foam - a foam polymeric material, comprising 90% of the air bubbles.Its thermal conductivity is much lower than the expanded clay, and moisture-resistance is essentially the same.The only significant disadvantage of polystyrene is its low environmental friendliness.Often, during the operation the foam releases very harmful phenolic compounds.A strong heating the material melts and emits toxic fumes.
Mineral wool - one of the most popular insulating materials.Depending on the feedstock distinguish glass and rock wool.In everyday life, and use the one and the other.Thermal insulation properties of this material is very high.In addition, mineral wool is absolutely harmless to humans.The only drawback is the significant increase in thermal conductivity when wet.That is why the mineral wool insulation of the floor is necessary to use waterproofing.
Warming of the wooden floor ↑
Before insulate the floor in a wooden house, ensure its durability.To do this, remove a few boards, and check the lag.If they are not damaged by decay or parasites, set the board in place and proceed to the floor insulation.
- First you need to ensure waterproofing insulation.To do this, the whole floor was covered with glassine paper or roofing material.
- Right on the old floor beams set thickness 50-60mm and we fix it.
- Then, in the space between the joists should be laid with an insulating material.
- on the bars fills finishing floor boards or trim USB fibreboard and chipboard.
insulation concrete base ↑
If the house is filled with a concrete floor, warmed him as easily as wood.You can do this on the same technology, with some additions.If you are considering laying a wooden floor finishing, we must act on such a scheme.
- primarily concrete floor should be thoroughly cleaned with a vacuum cleaner or broom.
- Then laid waterproofing.
- then put wooden logs, the space between them is filled with insulation.
Important!When warming the floor joists in the corridor should be placed perpendicular to the motion.
- Mount finishing the floor.
method insulation floating floor ↑
characteristic feature of this floor is a multi-layered structure in which the last layer is a cement-sand screed.This layer is not attached to either the walls or to the base, which causes the name of the process of warming.
- on the old concrete floor laid waterproofing material, then insulation, waterproofing layer on top again.
- Next poured screed, the thickness of which must not be less than 60mm.
Under pouring concrete is best to use extruded polystyrene .Despite the apparent fragility of this material can withstand pressure up to 30 tons per 1m2.And thanks to the impermeability of the cement slurry overcome the main drawback penoplasta- allocating volatile chemical compounds.
device floor heating ↑
becoming increasingly popular technology of electric heating floor.And rightly so. the undeniable benefits of the system "warm floor" can be attributed uniform heating of the room, and the shortcomings - bills for electricity consumed.
If you decide to use this technology in their home, not necessarily to hire professionals for the installation - can be managed independently.Let's look at a phased plan for the installation of electric heating floor.
- The first step is to clear and level the subfloor.
- then put a layer of waterproofing.If you are sure that your old floor is not "pulls" the moisture, waterproofing can be neglected.
- next layer must be thermally insulating material.The apartments are often used folgaizol.The apartment building is located under the floor slab is another apartment, and, therefore, heat loss is much less.For a private home it is necessary to provide a greater degree of thermal insulation.For this, as a rule, use extruded polystyrene.
- snake placed on the heater cable.It is also possible to use a heating system consisting of special mat.It is much easier to install, but much more expensive.
- When the system is connected, can only pour concrete floor screed, thickness of about 50mm.
Operate the system only after the final drying of concrete, that is not earlier than 3-4 weeks.Increasing the temperature of the heating should be gradually.
Management heating system is conducted through an electronic relay thermostat.Most models of these devices has the possibility of programming, which saves home owners on the need for continued intervention in the system and the extra energy costs.
Also electrical floor heating, there is also the possibility of mounting water "warm floor".When the heating is carried out with the coolant through the pipes, laid under the concrete screed.This system is much more expensive during the design and installation, but it is much cheaper to operate.Most advantageously mounted water floor heating in houses with gas central heating.
How to insulate the floor cottage ↑
In principle, floor insulation in the holiday home, you can use any of the methods described above.The only feature of the premises, which must be taken into account - irregular heating.If you do not live in a holiday home all year round and in winter sometimes come on the weekend, you need to isolate the insulation and the inside.Typically, in these homes should not be used as insulation mineral wool, because even with little moisture gets this stuff very quickly become worthless.
Before insulation the floor in a private house, check whether there is enough insulated your foundation.Sometimes basement insulation eliminates the need for large-scale domestic work.
With one of the most progressive materials and ways to improve the insulation in country houses introduce a video:
As you can see, the methods of warming the floor in a private home or at the cottage very much.Which one to choose, you decide.But remember that the results of research, almost two thirds of thermal energy leaving your home through the floor.Money spent on floor insulation, energy will be saved in just a few years.And all these years living in your home will be more comfortable.