What if the flooring creak?To escape from this obtrusive sound, cutting ears and disgusting on your nerves?Who will save the situation?Perhaps you will be able to correct the shortcomings, of course, if you are willing to bear some of the financial costs and inconvenience associated with the work?Ready?Still would!After this horrible, exhausting creak quite insolent and has passed all bounds of what is permitted!It's time to fight back!
Common causes creaking ↑
tree has a very "interesting property" - in time it dries out and parquet for the reasonthat it is made of wood, too, is not immune from shrinkage.Its surface becomes rough, there is peeling and there are gaps between the individual
Creak can occur at all the new coating, but the causes of such incidents are understandable:
- or wood was dry enough;
- a process of drying is carried out at high speed.
Annoying creaking springs ↑
Yet why creaking parquet?After all, surely there is something that causes a similar sound, and so on your nerves.In fact, sources squeak can be set.This friction slips on the nail and cured under the parquet glue or paste, and uneven screed and lags the wrong location, and incorrectly chosen substrate, and a host of similar reasons.Also gnashing may be due to improper fastening the plinth to the floor and wall.
Eliminate creaking: ways ↑
So, the cause of the squeak you find, find, and its source, it remains the case for small - to eliminate flaws and get rid of intrusive sound, tearing your soul onsmall pieces.Consider ways of getting rid of the creaking depending on the cause of its occurrence.
uneven subfloor ↑
If after a long explanation of the relationship with the flooring you have come to the conclusion that the cause of creaking in the uneven ground floor, there is only one way out - to break everything and start from scratch.Parquet have to be removed and subfloor clean of debris and dust.All irregularities to cover cement-sand mortar, and the top make a new tie or use ready-made mixtures for leveling floors.
Make sure to irregularities fresh screed does not exceed 2 mm per 2 sq.m subfloor, or elements of your new (well, old) parquet will again begin to creak and crumble.To be safe on the concrete floor is best lay sheets of particle board - so the floor is perfectly flat and your chances of a quiet and peaceful life greatly increase.
gapping chipboard on concrete ↑
Vile and the sound can come from sheets of chipboard, roofed under the parquet.This happens because in some places plywood (DSP) loosely fitted to the concrete base.Unfortunately, eliminate squeaking without drastic methods in this case is practically impossible, although there is a method that can save the situation, but it will help only if the creak is local, that is, the sound is heard in one or more places of the floor.
So, you will need:
- drill with 10 mm drill
- cement-sand mortar (1: 3)
mismatch humidity level ↑
It also happens that the parquet begins to creak only in certain months, for example, in October-November.This happens usually because of the abrupt change in the level of humidity in the apartment.All summer parquet breathe fresh outdoor air, and the pleasure was silent, and in the autumn, with the start of the heating season and the arrival of the heat at home, started to die over the summer to give the accumulated moisture and dry out - that's you and creaking.
eliminate nasty sound in this case, it can be a very simple method:
- constantly monitor the level of indoor humidity, measuring this parameter by using a hygrometer.Parquet humidity figures should not be less than 50-60%.
- during installation to monitor the humidity and temperature in the apartment, not forgetting that the moisture level of the flooring should be 9-10%.The optimum temperature for laying parquet - 15-20ºS.
- Comply with the care of parquet: wash with a damp (not wet !!!) cloth and avoid getting water on the floor surface.Moisture is quickly absorbed into the die, and hammered into the gaps between them, which leads to swelling of the planks first, and then to their deformation.
detachment from the base screed flooring ↑
If the creak is heard only in a few places in the room, the radical methods of elimination can be avoided very simple way.
- Find all the "squeaky" point and highlight those areas with chalk.
- the center of each of these sections using masking tape to make markings in the form of small pieces of tape spaced 20 cm apart.
- drilling diameter of 2 mm drill holes directly on the markup as long as the drill bit comes into contact with concrete.
- Using medical syringe and adhesive for flooring, squeeze a small amount of glue into the holes and let it dry for one hour.
- During drying glue begins to foam and some of it may come out to the outside.It is in order to not spoil the viscous mass parquet, and you use masking tape.Just separate it from the floor and threw it away.If you still got a little bit of glue on the surface of the flooring, wipe it off with a solvent.
- It is advisable not to walk on the "patient" parquet floor throughout the day, and the places where it was carried out "operation" to pin down any heavy objects - bags of sand or flour, weights, etc.
- After 24 hours, you can do the restoration work: the holes are laid pieces of colored wax crayons and polished.The main thing is that the color matches the color of chalk your parquet.
Reason: poor-quality substrate ↑
An unsuitable or low-quality substrate can also be a cause of squeaking.In this case the council one - to remove the parquet layer and the substrate perestelit.No other way!Although you can avoid mishap on the stage of the purchase of the insulating layer, if you make the right choice in store.
Best option - substrate "Tupleks."It consists of three layers: the top and bottom - polyethylene and serdtsevinka - foamed polystyrene.This material perfectly equalizes the base of the concrete screed, holds heat well and has elasticity and resistance to mechanical damage.
substrate made of polyethylene foam, of course, is good, but it requires additional damp-proofing, and its thickness is not entirely suitable for laying parquet.
currently fashionable cork backing, unfortunately, is not suitable in the case of the deck at her floorboard as any large leak can cause decay and growth of molds.
no gap between the cover and the wall ↑
Sometimes during laying parquet boards are placed so close to the wall that is not even the slightest chink.This is wrong, because the dies are constantly changing shape - they increase in size of the high humidity, the decrease of its shortage.Swollen dies can no longer fit in the space allotted to them and walking them begin actively "attacking" a wall that becomes the cause of squeaking.If you increase the distance between the wall and flooring planks, the creaking will disappear.So the advice here is one - to remove the baseboard trim and parquet cloth around the perimeter of the room.
Shrivelled plank flooring ↑
Failure humidity conditions in the room in tears sure to affect your floor.If excess moisture leads to swelling dies, its deficiency can cause cracks of them.Therefore, always keep in the apartment right level of humidity.But if your place has parquet Rassokha and cracked, you can solve the problem of creaking in the following ways:
- Perform scraping old parquet with subsequent varnishing.Lacquer will penetrate into the pores of the boards and into the gaps between them and the creak finally stops.
- conduct a special operation codenamed "Search and Destroy", in other words, find a squeaky dies, remove them with a chisel and replaced with new ones.If
- boards creak, but have quite presentable and you do not want to delete them permanently, you can do this: carefully remove the plate, clean everything that was under it and lay a thin cardboard that span.On top lay a cardboard base plate and firmly nail her nails so that the nail heads are recessed 1-2 mm in the floorboard.Then perform cosmetic repairs damaged dies: seal the nails and polish the surface.
There is another way to eliminate the creaking parquet separate dies, which is hammering wooden pegs into boards, jarring.To do this, between the creaking rams need to drill a hole with a diameter of about 8 mm at an angle of 45 degrees to the floor.Thin wooden pegs of wood, oiled carpenter's glue, hammer into these holes and sticking on the outside ends of the cut chisel.Seal flaw putty for wood and buff to a shine.
If you squeak flooring - what to do and how to deal with it, you do not know what these tips you will definitely come in handy.Follow them and you will succeed.