plinth - decorative strip, mounted horizontally along the junction of the floor with the wall.This mandatory element of the interior may be made of different materials, but the most popular are wooden and plastic moldings.Their task - to hide cracks and cavities, which are always present at the junction of the wall with the floor.Install the plinth is not difficult, however, even in this simple case has its own tricks and nuances.How to nail the baseboard?With what to do?What secrets keeps an ordinary piece of plastic?Let's analyze in detail these questions.
What you need handler?↑
In principle, installation of wooden moldings, as well as plastic, basically the same, so the tools we need the same.
- Roulette - will measure the walls and skirting
- hacksaw or edging machine
- hammer or hammer drill - drilling of concrete walls
- screwdriver or a normal drill - dril
- self-tapping screws, dowels
- clip for attaching skirting
Fasten plinth with the help of clips ↑
metal clip - one of the most popular methods of mounting plinths.
This method is good not only because it saves time, but also the fact that the baseboard is always possible to remove, because anything can happen in life.
So, go to the action.
- For starters take the clip and press it firmly to the wall and floor.Pencil envisage a place where there will be a hole under the screw.
- Now, actually, it is necessary to drill a hole.If the wall is concrete, then use the hammer or hammer drill and plasterboard take an ordinary screwdriver.In order not to miscalculate the depth, it is possible to identify the length of the screw on the drill by means of duct tape, a piece of rubber or cork.We need to drill holes at a distance of about 30 cm from each other, but if the walls are perfectly smooth, and it can be less.
Important: The first hole should be positioned 10 cm from the casing.The same goes for external and internal corners - clips must be 10 cm from the corner.
- The next step is to try the baseboard to the wall and make sure it all fits tight places.If you have found irregularities in these areas is to install additional clip.So you will ensure a perfect fit plinth.
- Cut the plinth using a hacksaw, cut machine or miter saw.
- Now find out how to mount the plinth to the floor, or rather how to install metal clips.Is screwed to the wall clamps screwdriver is necessary, but they need to work carefully to screw into the wall did not go through.The final twist is better ordinary screwdriver, so you do not damage the bracket and will not break the screw head or thread.When installing the clips to the drywall is necessary to use special dowels.They just spins with a screwdriver, and already they are screwed screws.You should not make too much effort, otherwise the risk of damaging drywall multiplied.
important: in areas where there will be a connector (standard length plinth 2.5 m, and the length of the walls in some apartments a few more, so without this element you can not do), you need to install two clips.So you will achieve a perfect seal at the joint between the baseboard.
- Check out all the clips for their suitability (whole if they are not damaged), or at the time of installation, you have to spend time to replace damaged clip.
- Now go to the main answer to the question of how to mount the plinth clips.The installation should start from the corner of the room.Fingers pressed against the baseboard need with little effort, but the hammers and other tools in this matter is best avoided - plastic can not withstand such loads and simply burst.
- At the end of all the manipulations put caps and admire the beauty!
skirting made of plastic is good for the fact that they can mimic any type of wood anddistinguished by the naked eye on a real piece of wood plastic is virtually impossible.
Video: installation plinth with cable channel ↑
Now you know how to install baseboard and that it needs.Use the tips and live in a nice and cozy apartment.