Wood is one of the most versatile and popular building material, but it has some shortcomings, the most important of which - with the fragility of incorrect or careless treatment.For this reason, it is important to carefully prepare wood surfaces for painting and coloring to choose quality materials.
The ladder to paint the house - paint or varnish?↑
Depending on the type of wood and its qualities to cover the wooden surfaces are choosing paint or varnish.Luck will stress the beauty of the natural material, but only if the wood for the manufacture of stairs has been taken of high quality, without defects.So as usual, and manufacturers, and customers believe that the main characteristic of the ladder - it's strength and durability, the aesthetic component overshadowed.Sometimes unpainted stairs may have visual deficiencies, so it makes sense to hide them under a layer of paint.If you want to empha
assortment of paints and varnishes is now huge and choose the material that best fit for your particular staircase, it is difficult, but possible, adhering to the following principles:
- ifstaircase planned varnish, it is better to choose a semi-gloss or matte finish.Glossy paint in places high load (the central part of the railing and steps) quickly lose their luster, and she ladder - appearance;
- if before using clear varnish planned to change the hue of the wood with the help of stains, we must remember that some of them can significantly darken the natural color of the wood, so it is best to cover the pre-stained small plot and then make a decision;
- decided if the ladder to paint paint, the better the paint is considered to be based on natural linseed oil, although for internal stairs should be fine and paints based on synthetic varnish.
rules and recommendations for work ↑
Before you paint the wooden ladder, you need to accurately determine the answer to the question - will there be a ladder used during the painting process.Ideally, it is better not to use it to complete drying, but this opportunity is not always in such cases, professionals recommend painting over the step ladder.This tricky maneuver will not restrict the movement of the house, but in this case paint staircase automatically divided into two stages and the complete drying time is doubled.Furthermore, in this case would be harder to put on a surface of steps pattern or ornament with a stencil, as sometimes it is impossible successfully combine its elements, and the people living in the house, can forget that the staircase is colored and come exactly on another, wet stage.
Another important detail - how to paint a ladder: a disassembled or assembled.If the house is new and has not mounted a ladder, it is better to paint it before the assembly, so you can effortlessly paint over the places, which after installation will be very difficult to reach.
Painting wooden staircase will take place without complications, if all the necessary materials and tools will be ready in advance.You will need:
- paint, varnish or enamel, which has been chosen taking into account the individual characteristics of the ladder;
- brush, roller or sprayer, depending on what you plan to paint the stairs;
- masking tape, through which a wooden ladder painting will be performed more accurately.In addition, the masking tape can be used to create original patterns, which give an unusual type of ladder.
The next step should be to determine the order in which color to paint the stairs.There are two basic approaches to the choice of paint:
- traditional, which recommends to select the color for the floor and the stairs a few shades darker than the main color scheme room, trying to avoid too dark shades and gloomy colors.A common color for the floor and the stairs for a long time was considered to brown with all the variety of shades.
- design that allows you to safely experiment with colors, shades, and decorated with the painting and decoration of stairs.It all depends on the individual preferences of the house owner and his family.The most common original ideas for painting stairs embodied in children and playrooms.
Now you can safely begin work, keeping in mind the basic rules of how to paint a wooden ladder:
- begin better from the top of the stairs and go down(it is not only logical and convenient, but also allow for better control the quality of the painting).Paint the bottom up is useful when leaving the room is on the upper level (for example, the staircase to the basement);
- If the paint has a thick consistency, it is better to take a bristle brush round shape.Flat soft brush is suitable for pre-dilution liquid paint.For the best coverage you can also use the roller;
- Paint can be both along and across the elements of stairs, not forgetting that the finishing touches have to be applied exactly along the structure of wood - it will provide a high quality of painting and an attractive surface appearance.
after use can only wait until the painted staircase can be used.Experience has shown that for sustained satisfactory result is better slightly increase the drying time specified by the manufacturer, as some factors (humidity, temperature in the room, etc..) May adversely affect the rate at which the paint dries.