nice when growing in the garden of a lot of useful, beautiful and edible.Liana Garden combines all these qualities.Moreover, these amazing plants just a godsend for fans of the original garden landscape solutions.In addition, certain types of garden vines safely be counted among the cohort of centenarians garden - they can be a time to plant, and, then, for many years to admire the works of their hands.Want to learn more?Read this guide.
The benefits of perennial vines for the garden and infield ↑
By and large, vines perennial garden - a real magic wand, coming to the aid of, for example,if you want to:
- Hide unsightly construction - any decayed booth will change as soon as it will protect the carpet of green
- Get shady corner - among the scorching sun and the lack of trees, you can safely bask in the coolness.To do this, you can do very simple - to fence isolated patch of land, literally improvised materials (strips, for example) and uvit his
- hide from inquisitive neighbors' eyes - a great alternativethree-meter long solid fence and a hedge is growing pattern of carved decorative leaves.
little secret: if you plant a vine garden with edible fruits, it is a pleasure not only to the eye but also the stomach.
course, not all at once after planting perennials will appear in all its glory.Sometimes it takes a year or two, and some vines will bloom at the top of nearly a decade later.But, but, for many, many years, your garden or cottage will admire its beauty, care is practically not required.Perennial vines - creating unpretentious, and very reverent to be treated do not require.Nevertheless, and they have their own characteristics.
Note: when choosing the vines need to pay attention to regional peculiarities - it should be noted that the southern beauties not please their luxurious flowering northerners.
kinds of garden vines ↑
Curly perennials are divided into two types:
- Wood - the name it is clear that they grow like trees (and shrubs).That is, with the arrival of spring growth begins precisely from the place from which stopped last year
- Herbaceous - respectively, as well as grass, autumn die, and the next year, give shootsfrom the roots (hops, rank broadleaf)
In turn, woody vines are:
- frost resistance - wintering directly on supports and do not require the shelter (eg, honeysuckle Perfoliate, Actinidia, girlishgrapes);
- Nezimostoykimi - in need of removal from the annual support and winter shelter (for example, some clematis, climbing roses).Roots poured sawdust and branches wrapped non-woven covering materials.
A herbaceous vines in the winter can be simply cut off the roots - in the spring, they quietly grow back again.
what to plant and whether the plant ↑
already clear that knowing your environment, choose the vine, corresponding to the tasks much easier.And because not very interesting for a long time to wait for the sea weather, and half the summer to look at naked stalks, it is absolutely indispensable to the list of fast-growing perennial vines that will delight the eye with its lush vegetation, very soon.These are the plants:
- hydrangea Chereshkovaya;
- Woodbine Honeysuckle;
- knotweed Aubert;
Of course, there are others - but these did not take long, and fairly quickly after planting can admire their lovely carved foliage and gorgeous blooms.What kinds of perennial vines are the most common in the gardens of Russia?From a fairly large number of stand out the most popular and unpretentious - about them and will be discussed further.Gastronomic retreat: This article mentioned that there are vines with edible fruits.And it is logical, then, to start our review it with them - after the motto: "The biggest one, the better!" Is pretty good, is not it?It is always nice when a beautiful hanging branches tasty and healthy treat!
Fruiting vines with edible fruits ↑
- grassy tladianta or "red cucumber": it is edible, a little knits in the mouth when unripe.After frost astringency passes, it becomes very sweet with a slight taste of cucumber.
- Actinidia: hung with delicious berries, kiwi close relatives.The taste they resemble simultaneously gooseberries, strawberries and pineapple.The body of these berries will bring a good dose of glycosides and ascorbic acid.
- Schisandra: decorated with bunches of sweet-tart sweet berries.Red hanging fruit before the frost - Medical: they lead to normal pressure.
- honeysuckle winding: lots of joy to the eye deep blue berries.They have healing properties and help in the following diseases:
- vitamin deficiency.
- Pumpkin decorative: has, it appears, more and edible fruits.Only there they can be very immature, because when they reach maturity much taste bitter.
- Grapes: the benefits of its berries and say nothing!Grapes are rich in glucose, vitamins, minerals and organic acids
All these vines combine many useful properties: they are beautiful, and have edible fruits, many of which are still healing.It is clear that a small portion of it will just be the perfect option!
Poodonosyaschie decorative vines ↑
Now, the beautiful vines with edible fruits turn to the beautiful vines with decorative fruits.Although they are not suitable to be eaten, but are a true ornament to any garden.The unusual nature of the filigree craftsmanship never ceases to amaze!
- Momordica (or "Crazy cucumber") is very original and the effect of a spreading with its prickly leaves and fruits-boxes.
- echinocystis blade: all uvesheny small green "hedgehogs".
- Cardiospermum: plant from children's dreams - it is completely uvesheny "balloons", which are very similar to its sweet fruit.
- Dutchman's pipe: decorate its unusual, reminiscent of cucumber fruit garden from autumn to spring.
- Bryony: so famously and provocatively strewn with small bright berries that the mood will rise in any, even the most inveterate pessimist;
- Hops: Well, a lot of talking about it is not necessary.Graceful bumps among ornamental foliage attracts the eye and used by someone in the struggle with insomnia, and someone - just in the fight (with the dull reality, for example)
These plants havemeaning plant, if the area of your site is already sufficient.Sufficient to be able to grow the plants alone to delight the stomach and to delight the eye.
Beauty pure ↑
And now, listed simply beautiful vines, valued for the beauty of its leaves and flowers:
- parthenocissus: vine, reaching a height of 7-storey building!Peerless colorful leaves striking crimson shades
- with the onset of autumn pores;
- Honeysuckle Perfoliate: fragrant blooms in early summer and later encouraged decorative red berries;
- Clematis: perennial flowering vines with luxury - the variety of their colors simply delights!Feature clematis that some varieties are tree-like, and some - grassy.Accordingly, on this basis, selected care in winter
Whew!The head may begin to spin on a variety of types, colors, fruits and flavors of these wonderful plants!Little rested and sipped tea, breath, intercepted the beauty of vines, and talk about that, in fact, gave the name of the species.
supports for garden vines ↑
Liana - climber requiring support.It turns out that the support may also be different, and the composition of the material from which they are made, too much depends.Many herbaceous vines as a support suitable simple grid (if you want a luxurious green carpet interweave some surface) or tensioned cable (if you want to put some rays).With woody vines, the situation is more serious.Many of them "gain weight" in the process of growth that will break the flimsy support in the two accounts.So here already we will focus on constructions of wood or metal.It would seem - metal supports are the ideal option.They are:
Would like to emphasize the last minute - after a carved lace metal obtained in the hands of skilled craftsmen, blacksmiths, say no!
Important!Not all the vines suffer their neighborhood metallic helpers!Metal winter freezes, and many vines can not tolerate such a chilling neighborhood.To prevent such trouble in the cold season shoots of climbing plants need to remove the supports.
Accordingly, the timber supports this lack of lack.Warm natural wood will brighten winter depression vines, but carved filigree of lace, which can exhibit forged metal supports, of course, will have to forget.Support from a tree commonly called a pergola, and a lattice desired area on which and will curl tender shoots
Now, by type of vines, its purpose and give it support, move on, in fact, to thecultivation technology.
Nine and half secrets applied lianovedeniya ↑
- main thing - just to determine the order to be constantly growing vine in the selected location or a temporary option.On this will depend on many things.
- illumination is important when choosing a landing site - there are light-loving vines, and there are shade-tolerant.
- The best material for the landing - no seeds and seedlings, and, young - no older than four years.The main thing - that they are not imported and grown in local nurseries, regionalized.
- landings seedlings - Spring / Fall.Thermophilic species is recommended to plant in the spring, during the summer the plant to adapt to the conditions and gain strength.
- ground for most of the vines require fertile, acidity - weak acid, and the landing site - Protected from wind and solar.
- If vines are planted near the building, the pits for planting should be made very close walls, because, otherwise, the water will become numb under irrigation under the foundation.
- supports should be put before the vines are planted.Moreover, the structure must be strong, because under wind and snow plants need good support.
- perennial vines for the lush and abundant flowering requires timely and proper pruning.
- Some vines (Clematis, for example) need to insulate before hibernation.First you need to cut off the shoots, leaving only a skeletal branches (ie, central).Then they need to be bend, on top sprinkle with the ground and hide or spruce branches, or cover material
So, knowing these simple wisdom of nondescript cuttings, lonely stuck in the bare earth, pretty soon you canget a luxurious and breathtaking jungle in your own garden.If this article has helped in this, that it was written not in vain!