Aluminium radiators - this is probably the most common type of radiators in Russia.They are usually put in place cast-iron batteries, which have been the main radiators in the Soviet era.In many ways, the Russians priorities are clear: aluminum radiators have a number of advantages in comparison with cast iron counterparts, which is hopelessly outdated.Next, we elaborate on all matters relating to these heaters, will talk about how to properly carry out their installation.
Specifications aluminum appliances ↑
aluminum radiator can be made in 2 technical options, namely:
1. cast method.Sections of this unit are monolithic, one-piece parts.They are made under the pre
2. extrusion: extruded profile in the press, after cooling cut to the desired dimensions, welded to it the bottom and the upper parts.Sections are interconnected mechanically by means of a sealing element type or using adhesive compounds.
alloy radiators, more reliable and quality compared to extrusion.Technical characteristics of these 2 types of heating devices can vary in the following ranges:
1. The distance between axes: 350 - 500 mm
2 Maximum operating pressure: 6-16 (sometimes up to 24) ATM
3. Dimensions (height /width / depth): 380 - 590 mm / 80 mm / 81-100 mm
4. Thermal power: 82 - 212 W
5. The weight of one section: 1 - 1.47 kg
6. Maximum temperature of the coolant (usually water)110 gr.With
7. The volume of water in one section: 0.25 - 0.46 liters
8. Warranty: 10 - 20 years
Important!The weight of one section of high-quality aluminum heat sink can not be less than one kilogram, and the weight of the 10 sectional radiators can not be less than 11 kg (including connecting nipples).
reviews and evaluation specialists ↑
professionals of heating identified several advantages of these heaters:
1. Very high heat.Aluminum batteries give the radiation by about 50% of the heat and another half - by means of convection.Additional fins, placed inside the section, also increases the heat transfer.
2. Well regulated by thermoheads, so the volume of water in them is relatively small.Using thermo-saving up to 20-30% of thermal resources.
3. Light weight.This factor facilitates installation work.
4. Low price compared with all other modern types of radiators.
5. Elegant design, raznovariantnost designs.
6. Operating pressure (generally up to 16 bar) - the most optimal conditions in private houses and typical buildings.
list of advantages convincingly explains why aluminum radiators are so popular and in demand among the population.But as they are characterized by certain disadvantages:
1. fragility, susceptibility to corrosion.Aluminium - active metal, however it may be radiators of long and work efficiently only if the coolant sparing formulation.In particular, the composition of the coolant at pH - 7-8.Dangerous to pipes made of aluminum particulates, capable of destroying the protective layer on the inside surface of the device.If the water in the heating pipes are trained, it can significantly extend the service life of the radiator.2.
requires periodic removal of air from the upper tube by means of the vent valve.
3. The extruded aluminum radiator fittings sections - the weakest place, so in homes and industries with high pressure in the heating system and are not recommended.
note.Do not confuse aluminum radiators appliances such as copper, aluminum radiators.This is a completely new development.They are not folding structure in which the horizontally arranged copper pipes are connected to the aluminum plates arranged vertically.Cold air is drawn in such units and is heated from the bottom through the top grille.80% of the heat it sends using convection.
calculation of the number of sections ↑
For each room you need to find the optimal number of sections, based on the room area and heat transfer one section aluminum radiator.
Consider the following factors in the calculation:
- climatic conditions of the region;
- possible heat loss;
- temperature of the coolant (usually water);
How to calculate the power ↑
Power Rating 1 radiators for Russia should be:
- for the northern part of Russia - 150-200 watts per square meter
- for central Russia - 100 watts per sq.m .;
Thermal power aluminum panels can be varied within 82 - 212 watts depending on the model and the heater manufacturer.
Accordingly, if you need to heat the 10-meter room, for example, in a room, located in the central part of Russia, it is advisable you buy 9-10-sectional radiator capacity of one section of approximately 100-110 watts or 5-section power section in200 watts.
is calculated taking into account the heat ↑
heat loss, which is mainly subject to premises can be divided into those that occur due to loss of heat from the window, through the wallsand teplopotreri occurring on the way to the batteries.Also keep in mind that:
- through windows may leave (depending on the quality of the profile) to 75% of the heat;
- biggest heat losses are in the corners of rooms;
- in a room with 2 windows, heat loss is always more, so sections of aluminum radiator should be set there is also greater;
- if you regularly ventilate the room in the winter, take the radiators with a stock - longer sections 1-2;
- when the coolant temperature is less than the temperature required to heat the room, it is advisable to install more sections of 10-30%;
Important!When calculating the section based on the rules: the excess heat is much better than failing.The winters can be unpredictable, in central Russia are more likely frosty winters.Therefore, the calculation sections of aluminum radiators is better to do with the stock.
Recommendation - Set thermostats ↑
If the funds do not allow you to do this, try to obzavestic even tap on the bypass and valve, shut off the water.If you override one tap half, another close completely, it will allow you to smoothly adjust the heat battery.
installation of aluminum radiators ↑
Aluminium radiators are operated only in the 1 and 2-pipe heating systems in which heat lines that combine heaters are located vertically and horizontally.Radiators of aluminum can be used in pumping (where forced circulation) and gravitational heating systems (where circulation is natural).
for use in systems with central heating fit reinforced aluminum radiators with a pressure of 12 atm, but in stand-alone systems, they may also be used.Standard European type radiators are suitable only for independent heating, as their operating pressures (typically 6 atm) is not sufficient for use in the central systems.
Before you mount the radiator, you need to consider:
- matches its specifications parameters of heating mains.These data can be found out in the housing department.
- Position: under the window, on a wall bracket or a window or wall stands.
- method of joining heat conductors.They can be connected with one side and opposite.If you select one-way connection radiators, you should not unduly increase the number of sections.If you plan to use more than one heat sink 12 sections, then make connection to a heat conductor pipes from different sides.
- minimum distance from the wall - no more than 2-5 cm;floor - no more than 10-12 cm;on the window sill or top niche - 10 cm.
- thermostat setting input / output radiators.
- pre-wash the heating system.
Important!The single-pipe heating systems, high-rise buildings installation of thermostatic valves on radiators is prohibited in the absence of a special bridge between the supply and return pipes.
The kit usually consists of a radiator:
- vent valve;
- nipples to build sections.
1. Marking the location.
2. Attaching the brackets to the wall.
3. Install the radiator brackets: conditionally horizontal elements of the radiator heads, which are located between the columns sections lie on a metal bracket.
4. Connection with radiator heat conductors equipped with eyeliner on the thermostatic valve, tap or valve.
5. Install the valve to release the air plugs.
Important!On each of the aluminum radiator is to be installed a manual or automatic valve for venting.
Video about the installation and connection of the radiator ↑
Installing aluminum radiator should carry out as accurately as possible, according to the SNIP, in the season prior to heating.Be particularly careful of the quality of attachment of the unit to the pipes of a heat conductor in order to avoid leakage of coolant.