Comfort and convenience apartment in the cold time of the year depends on the quality of heating.And if the boiler room can be influenced indirectly, that provide high-quality heat in an apartment and can be on their own.Replacement radiators for new devices and connect radiators with their hands just would achieve a higher comfort in the apartment during the cold season.Doing this type of work requires specific knowledge and skills for installation.But someone who knows how to handle the tool and seeks to do everything on their own, will afford and replacement radiators with their own hands.
This kind of work, as a replacement of radiators in the apartment isrigid necessity in old houses.This is especially true if the battery life is pretty big, and they are installed during the construction of the house.As for the new buildings, the replacement radiator will be justified if they
Types radiators ↑
Today the market offers different types of radiators, they - radiators.Batteries differ from each other in operational characteristics, appearance, and the material of which are made.If you choose to be guided by the following characteristics: durability, heat capacity, the internal pressure.
Cast iron radiators - is a kind of classic.Batteries made from this material can be found absolutely everywhere.They have the most years of service, up to 35 years.But the heat of the radiator is quite low.Operating pressure cast iron radiators 8-9 atm.The aesthetic appearance of the radiator is far from perfect, so they have to hide behind special panels.
Steel radiators have less service life (20 years) than iron.In comparison with the heat capacity of iron steel radiators higher cost compared with aluminum below operating pressure of 7-9 atm.Appearance and design allow you to set them openly.Steel radiators have a balanced ratio of price-quality-performance.
Aluminium radiators have the highest emissivity.Their service life is 20-25 years.Working pressure aluminum radiators is 18 bar.Aesthetically appealing design.Another advantage of these radiators is light weight and ease of installation.
Bimetallic radiators by external aluminum construction have high emissivity.A service life of 20-25 years is achieved by using stainless steel for the interior design.Operating pressure can reach 35 atm.In addition to steel, aluminum, copper and there are aluminum radiators.They have the highest emissivity of all the radiators.Through the use of copper for the internal structures of bimetallic radiators lifetime may be 35 years or more.Operating pressure up to 16 bar.Enjoy an aesthetically attractive design.
Wiring radiators ↑
to perform the work required to connect the scheme connecting radiators.It must be specified how to connect the radiator, measuring and valves, as well as system wiring pipes.
There are two systems: one-pipe and two-pipe.Most apartment blocks set one-pipe system.Feed water in it is made from above down through the riser.A significant disadvantage of this system is the inability to adjust the temperature in the batteries as well as repair or replacement of the batteries themselves.But this can be corrected by installing additional structural elements - the bypass, and regulating valves.
The two-pipe hot water system is one pipe and cooled down back for another.For each of these systems the connection of radiators can be made in various ways.
Important!Bypass - pipe jumper between the two tubes extending from the radiator in one-pipe system.Its diameter should be smaller than the diameter of the pipe to which it is connected.
Connectivity radiators ↑
Despite the existence of two systems, ways to connect the radiators themselves just three: one-sided lateral connection diagonal connection, bottom connection.
- The unilateral lateral connecting the hot water is fed into the top inlet of the battery and cooled down coming out of the bottom.This method allows to achieve maximum heat transfer.If the interchange of hot and cooled water, then lost about 7% of capacity.
- Radiator great lengths to be applied diagonal connection method .Here the supply of hot water takes place at the top with one hand, and the output occurs cooled below the other.This method allows you to connect the battery to warm throughout.If hot water is fed from the bottom, you can lose 10% of capacity.
- In the case where the heating system passes through floor, should be applied lower connection method batteries.Here the water inlet and outlet takes place from below, but from different angles.Unfortunately, this method of connection as compared with the side loses 10% of heat.
Intuitively, imagine the difference ways to connect radiators help video content:
connection radiators - step by step guide ↑
Connection and replacement of radiators made with his own hands at a time when there is no water in the heating system.Replace the batteries in the winter is very difficult and expensive.If you had to do it in the winter, you have to call the appropriate service, which will block the flow of water and will merge its remnants.Only then you can start to replace.
For work required torque wrenches, special radiator key, the usual keys, hammers and drills.From the materials themselves require radiators, measuring and valves, brackets for mounting the radiator, if the house is one-pipe system need a bypass valve for the release of a special air-through common and tees, nipples, corners, couplings, pipes tapped.
- When the water is blocked, dismantle the old batteries.With key unscrew the screw connections.You may have to use force, because the metal tends to "boil".If a connection can not be, it is necessary to cut the pipe grinder and make a new thread.
- Then remove the old radiators and fastening under them.
- Mark up the mounting location of the new mounting holes and set zasverlivaem brackets.They install new batteries.
- to get the best heat dissipation, battery set at a slight angle to the wall and place it at a height of 10-12 cm from the floor, 10 cm from the window sill, a distance of 5 cm from the wall.
- Now you can connect the batteryfor the entire system, according to the connection method.If you need to increase the length of the tubes and fasten them to the wall.
Important!All screw connections are to be fastened with a torque wrench.This is necessary to avoid disruption of the thread and the appearance of leaks, as the entire system is under pressure.
View the video will help to visualize the process of replacing the battery:
new radiators Once installed, you can start the water and enjoy the warmth.The main thing is that all connections are tight, it was nowhere to be leakage.Otherwise you'll have to redo everything from scratch, and this extra effort.