In the cold season, when the outside cold and damp when you want comfort and warmth, especially important to have a good heating system and water supply.And in order to avoid any interruptions in their work, it is necessary to pay attention to advance such an important element as an expansion tank for water supply.It is up to its technical condition depends on the reliability and durability of the life-supporting systems.
types of expansion tanks for water and heating ↑
expansion tank is an essential attribute boosting water systems, heating systems, as well as fire-extinguishing systems.There are of two main types:
- Expansion tank Open type .It is a tank at the bottom of which there is a connection with a pipe heating system.It is characterized by dependence of the water level in it by the total volume of liquid in the sy
- Expansion tank closed type or diaphragm expansion vessel .It is a sealed metal vessel-capsules having an oval or spherical shape.Inside it divides membrane made of heat resistant rubber.As a result, the chamber is formed two - liquid and air.Inside the air-separation set valve to bleed (deflating) the air at the time of the strong rise in pressure.Thus, the liquid occupies the internal volume of the reservoir.
Features selection of the expansion tank ↑
In order to make the right selection of the expansion tank, it is necessary to know precisely the total amount of coolant.
Moreover, his choice should be based on strict compliance limit values of the range of pressures in the heating system.
must know that the overstatement of the declared volume of the surge tank in its operating parameters, as well as on the functioning of the heating system as a whole does not influence.Finally, when the choice is to calculate the expansion tank based on the fact that the coolant is given a limited amount inside the tank.A primary surplus above and the maximum value of pressure with regard to the relevant factors to each of them define the largest part of the total volume of the expansion tank that dedicated to the coolant.
Good to know!Operation of the tank, characterized by an underestimation of the water, always entail negative consequences.Obviously, its use at the time of maximum thermal stress, that is, when the system pressure approaches the limit values lead to leakage of coolant in the field of threaded connections tank or cracking.Expansion tank for heating used in the operation of the system at low load conditions, will cause a reduction in pressure in the system and consequently reduce the amount of coolant.As a result, atmospheric air seeping into the container.
Typically, membrane-type tanks are manufactured with a non-removable membrane, which is rigidly fixed to the cross section of the tank.The outer surface of the container is covered with enamel red, and the inner cavity directly wetted, that is cooled - a special moisture-resistant paint.
should pay attention!Unfortunately, there is no universal material for the manufacture of membranes.But still in the process of selection of the tank should pay attention to the type and quality of the membrane.
Any membrane has such performance:
- operating temperature range;
- hygiene requirements;
- dynamics of the system;
- resistance to diffusion of water.
What is the working principle?↑
If we analyze the principle of the expansion tank, related to the membrane type, it is as follows: heated in a closed loop coolant expands when the increase in the volume reaches a capacity of the tank, the membrane is stretched, thus reducing the share of air spaces is similar to the piston (i.e., aircompressed).During this period the pressure in the container of the expansion tank, and thus the entire system increases.When the water temperature decreases, its volume is reduced in the heating system.Furthermore, the pressure is reduced and, therefore, were taken before the water by means of compressed air is pushed back into the system.
Good to know!Before you install an expansion tank in your own home, at the stage of selection should make sure to have a certificate of quality, and in some cases, a safety certificate.It is in this case we can be sure that the selected element of the heating system will be reliable and functional.
If there is a slight leakage of fluid, the pressure in the system, and in the expansion tank drops, and the compressed air pushes the water reserve volume thus occurs makeup of the heating system.The initial stage of operation of the heating system involves the circumstances in which the pressure of the coolant is to some extent larger than the hydrostatic pressure of the system.For this reason, the liquid chamber takes the coolant expansion tank in a quantity corresponding to operational losses.By increasing the volume capacity of the liquid chamber decreases and the volume increases the pressure in the air chamber of the tank.Thus, steady pressure is the initial operating pressure of the heating system.
main emphasis during installation ↑
course, mounting the expansion vessel requires a professional drafting, as well as installation instructions.
Initially tank is supplied with the gas fills the whole inner volume and is under positive pressure.Just before performing assembly work on the pressure tank is charged, the amount of which is calculated beforehand.
Installing the expansion tank is accompanied by the following features:
- capacity, the volume of which exceeds 500 liters, can not pass a standard doorway.
- not mount the non-return valves and filters in the branch connecting the expansion tank and heating system.
- Connecting the expansion tank should be based on further service.This requires the installation of stop valves for the branch to the tank, and thus to prevent accidental closure.
- pipeline section: Disables the crane tube tank must be equipped with a drain valve.
- in close proximity to the place of installation wiring diagram of the expansion tank should involve the installation of a pressure gauge and a safety valve.
Expansion tanks for heating systems usually involve heat output up to 6 MW.If the operation of heating systems meant more power, because the constant leaks of water required to ensure the smooth operation of clock feeding pumps.