Subsidence of the foundation of wooden buildings - a frequent phenomenon.This process comes from all sorts of hydrological, physical and mechanical changes to the lower ground, which reduces its bearing capacity.Often the changes are caused by the conductive properties of the ground in the gardening area construction work.Under these conditions, replacing the foundation under a wooden house becomes the only way to prevent further subsidence, leading to destruction.
Replacing old foundation: ways ↑
There are several types of foundation replacementa wooden house:
- Beauty - the easiest way, do not expect to make substantial financial investments.In this situation, simply cut out the rotten land, but instead inserted a suitable wood element.But keep in m
- Dismantling walls - type of construction works, involving the complete dismantling of the walls, followed by replacing the lowest crown framework.The method reliable, but it requires a fair share of the masters of patience and time for disassembly and assembly of the structure.
- Dismantling foundation .To do this, remove a layer of 20 cm, wooden crowns to replace and rebuild the foundation.
- Replacement crowns the building with the help of lifting jack - the most popular method to replace the foundation quickly and efficiently.
Important!The above methods of replacing the foundation require different tools that you need to prepare in advance so that during the operation not be distracted by the search for suitable equipment.Thus, the cosmetic method can be carried out, having in the arsenal of a chisel, hammer and a hacksaw.
Dismantling of the foundation require tools with which it will be possible to implement the task.The choice will depend entirely on your preferences and capabilities.
should also worry about the temporary supports, which will be held during the repair of the house.
If you intend to use jacks, their number depending on the length of the wall can vary from two to ten.
How to choose a new foundation for a wooden house?↑
is important to understand that the replacement of the basement at home - a process that requires careful preparation.First of all, you should decide on the future structure of the foundation, which will replace the old one.The following types of foundations for wooden houses:
- pier foundation - construction, adapted to maintain a relatively light house with shields, framed or wooden walls, do not pose a significant burden.Despite its apparent simplicity, pier foundation - a sure way to ensure reliable support for the garden or country house, light baths or low-rise country cottage.It contains the system pillars which are installed at a maximum load, i.e.at the points of intersection of the walls.The pillars are made of brick, concrete, stone and mounted at a distance of 1-2 meters from each other.
- bored pile foundation - a kind of pier foundation, only as a carrier component used asbestos cement pipes filled with a special mixture.The design of the foundation consists of piles and pile cap connecting them.The carrier elements are arranged at the most significant points of a wooden house, for example, at the corners of the building or at the intersection of the main walls.Bored pile foundation is optimal for building on soils with high water.
- Screw Pile foundations - the most interesting kind of framework was intended originally for military purposes.The foundation is valuable because it can be used on any site, even rough.The low price and the possibility of repeated use of screw piles - an additional plus for benefits.
- Strip foundation allows to erect houses and heavy at the same time provides a good level of reliability and security.Melkozaglublenny strip foundation is subdivided into a monolithic and modular.The first consists of a concrete formwork through the second - of blocks of concrete and reinforced concrete.
main stages of replacing the foundation ↑
To replace the foundation was performed efficiently, observe the sequence of steps.
We will consider the most common type of replacement - with the help of jacks.
Step 1. jacking ↑
Jacks allow to raise the house evenly, otherwise (if uneven rise) log sill will bend, which leads to their separation and breakage.The jack must be installed in places where the wood is not damaged by rot.Do not forget to install the gaskets - steel plate (5 mm) - it is necessary for the proper transmission of force from the jack rod into logs.
Step 2. Raise the house ↑
need to lift the wall to a height of not less than 6 cm, remove the decayed and lower extension building on the cutting boards set on end - time support.Between the bars and beam paving treated with antiseptic tow in width equal to twice the thickness of the wooden beam.Under the alleged tape foundation is poured brick fight and gravel layer 10 cm.
Step 3: Manufacturing of foundations and retirement jacks ↑
Once safely lowered frame on brickmasonry, accepted for the manufacture of the tape foundation.It should be clear space under the walls and pave formwork.Other wall at this time resting on temporary supports.It is important to worry about niches under the jack, so you do not have problems with the descent of the structure.After installation, home niche embedded brick - work is completed.
As you can see, this process is laborious and requires organized approach, however, replacing the foundation with his own hands - quite realistic, if you come to work with the mind.A little patience, combined with acquired knowledge guarantee a perfect result - a new solid foundation for your wooden country house.