Creating an artificial pond - a favorite method in landscape design.Surface water diversifies view adjusts for relaxation, satisfies the need for contemplation.However, any water feature will look dull and monotonous, if it would not be living inhabitants.In addition, the creation of a closed biological system will greatly facilitate care, thanks to the natural cycle of matter.Plants Pond needed it is important to properly pick up, land and well maintained in a healthy state.
Tips on choosing plants for the pond↑
Classification aquatic ↑
Aquatic plants are classified according to the conditions of their habitat.With this indicator are linked, and many of their biological characteristics and role in the ecosystem of the pond.Under a deep understanding plant root system which is less than 30 cm from the surface of the water.The group brings together the fl
called Coastal plants, submerged by no more than 30 cm, which shoots, usually located above the water surface and which form a group, the actual transition from aquatic plants to the ground.Furthermore, a special category recovered plants oxygenators, characterized by an increased ability to saturation of water with oxygen.
Best Plants Pond ↑
water and coastal flora of the northern latitudes is not so diverse, and because of this, for each of the plants of these habitats know quite a lot.Therefore, the creation of a living decoration for the pond has a better chance of success.It is convenient to use cold-resistant plants freshwater, aquarium inhabitants will fall in the first winter, if you do not get them into a warm room.
Here are some sorts of plants that thrive in conditions of northern latitudes:
- lily.These luxurious deep plant with large white flowers and round floating leaves, commonly known as lilies, will be a real decoration for any pond.They were planted in containers filled with a mixture of peat and sand, leaving a bud on the surface and placed in shallow water, as these plants Photophilous.After the appearance of leaves on a surface, the container is moved into the middle of the reservoir, a depth of 30-100 cm depending on the type and grade.To board only when the water is heated to a temperature of not less than 8 ° C.
- good pair of lily make Potbelly - another common plant north of flora with bright yellow flowers.
- Water hyacinth.This floating plant will adorn the pond from June until the first frost, which is very sensitive.In winter, the plant should be kept in an aquarium, but these efforts will be compensated by the ability to purify water hyacinth from organic impurities.
- Lovers of the exotic can be taken as the plants for decorative pond floating fern azolla.True to its winter also have to clean up in a warm room, it's a plant native to tropical America.In addition, azolla very quickly grows, and it will have to be removed regularly, but these surpluses could be used to produce high quality fertilizers: azolla extremely rich in nutrients.
- perfectly complement the beauty of water lilies floating plant vodokras.Its leaves resemble Nymphaeaceae in form, but they are much smaller.A tiny flowers of three white petals and bright yellow center appear from June to the end of the summer.
- Iris.It is often used in bouquets, but it is also a wonderful plant for artificial pond.It features a variety of color - from yellow to purple - and a wide choice of varieties.They grow well in slightly acidic waterlogged soil, planting depth should be about 5 cm, but can not allow the drying of the soil.Irises are well tolerated in the winter, but it is advisable at this time of the year to shelter plants spruce branches.
- Another coastal plant, which will make elegant pond in the spring - marigold.In a sunny location, it will please the owner of numerous large bright yellow flowers.Propagated marigold bush and grows easily, perfectly combined with Badane or host.
- Speaking of coastal plants, it is impossible not to mention the cattails, reeds often called.His brown showy inflorescences adorn the coast up until the winter, but to the plant bloomed, it is necessary at the end of the summer to remove the new shoots appear.
- most famous oxygenators - a Canadian waterweed or water plague.The second plant has received the name because of its capacity for rapid vegetative reproduction, the number of shoots increases had very quickly.Therefore, the one who decided to contact the waterweed, no need to spend a lot of effort to care, but at the same time, have to regularly remove the surplus.In addition, Elodie is undesirable to use for ponds with fish, because it is damaged shoots emit toxic substances to them.
- much less aggressive oxygenators - Turchi with graceful dissected leaves and elegant racemes of tiny white or pinkish flowers.It's also a floating plant, so caring for them is not difficult.
procedure for settling pond ↑
needs of plants should take into account already in the planning stage.The smaller the ecosystem, the more difficult to maintain its equilibrium, therefore it is desirable that the reservoir is not less than 4-5 square meters in size, and at least half a meter deep.Public sun is best to avoid such conditions will fall not to the liking of many plants and have to constantly fight the drying of coastal and flowering water.
But too dense shade too desirable, it is not suitable for the flowering species.The best choice would be a site that is illuminated by the sun for about 5 hours a day.The presence of trees near strongly complicate the care of the pond, which will be constantly exposed to numerous plant residues.
dropping off a water plant in a pot, the soil surface is covered with a layer of gravel with a thickness of about 4 cm, blur warning.You can also buy special containers intended specifically for subsea landing.The floating leaves of aquatic plants to the pond is of great importance.They water shade, protect it from overheating and prevent flowering water, but it is important not to go too far: the water surface should be covered with plants not more than 1 / 3-2 / 3.There is no need to strive for, and too much diversity of species, it is better to confine 5-7 varieties, so it will be easier to sustain style.First planted deep in the heart of the plant, then gradually move to the periphery and end coastal views.
Care pond ↑
time necessary to remove the dead parts of plants used for this purpose pond scissors, which are conveniently lowered into the water and the net, which is easy to catch the cut leaves.You also need to remove a net from the surface of debris falling into the pond: poplar fluff, flowers, birch catkins.With special preparations regulate the hardness of the water content therein nutrients.
Even if settling into an artificial pond fish is not planned, it is important to add a variety of animals, common in natural waters: snails, water striders, newts, frogs.These inmates will eat the plant remains in a timely manner and promote equilibrium of the ecosystem.Adding nutrients, it is important to observe moderation, as they lead to an excess of algal blooms - abundant proliferation of blue-green algae.If such a trouble occurred from it should get rid of as quickly as possible with the help of special preparations.For the prevention of this phenomenon should not be added to the pond well water: in comparison with the rain it contains a much greater amount of impurities.
small pond on the site - a wonderful place that is fun for the whole family.This element of landscape design is rapidly gaining popularity, and decorate it with plants under the force of even a beginner gardeners.Unpretentious and with the showy plants are easy to find among the native flora.Having suffered several species from a nearby lake, and a minimum of effort, you can create a true masterpiece and pleasant land revive, giving it a naturalness.