None of most modern materials in the design of kitchens and bathrooms have not yet managed to surpass in popularity of traditional tile.Moreover, designers are willing to use this practical material in the interiors of living rooms and bedrooms, a modern incarnation of the ancient tiles - granite adorns the public spaces, offices and front walls of the houses.The range of construction and finishing of ceramics on the market is huge, and some tips on how to choose a tile for facing the kitchen or bathroom, to help navigate among the many collections of inexpensive domestic refined ceramic tiles to the famous Western brands, which differ not only in design but also performance.
10 reasons for the popularity of tiles↑
Tile is unparalleled not only because of the beautiful appearance.Afte
artificially created tile combines three natural elements - clay, water and fire, and this is already causing trustwhich in the eyes of the consumer repeatedly multiplies list of benefits of ceramic tiles:
- ecological: does not emit noxious fumes, fully consistent with international norms and standards of ecology;
- hygiene: easy to clean, does not react to aggressive media detergents;
- high strength, subject to the rules of laying;
- high moisture resistance and water resistance;
- refractory properties and heat resistance;
- Flammability: does not burn or support combustion;
- good thermal conductivity: ideal as a floor covering for any system "warm floor";
- antistatic - "immunity" from electromagnetic fields, thanks to the almost absence of electrical conductivity;
- a wide range of colors and textures, the compatibility of the interior with glass, metal, wood and plastic;
- democratic price.
It features tile problem is attributed fragility when transporting very heavy, but always a disadvantage to the invention, high thermal conductivity of the heating system "warm floor" has turned into one of the advantages of building ceramics.
Operating markings on the packaging ↑
With a huge range of universal tiles market can not offer, and deciding which to choose tiles for the bathroom or kitchen, in addition to the exterior design should take into account how you liked the performance characteristics of the sample correspond to its intended use.
Lots of information can be obtained carefully studied the markings in the form of icons on the packaging tiles.
image feet on a black background icon says that the tile is designed for laying on the floor, as if the foot is shown in the shaded background - before you tile increased durability.The image on the labeling of hand means that the tile is only suitable for wall cladding.Snowflake icon indicates the hardiness of the material.If the same icon on the icon is repeated two or three times, it shows the high level of the relevant index.
and kitchen and bathroom need a ceramic tile with low porosity that can withstand moisture and aggressive chemicals - fats, acids, alkalis.For this indicator provides a literal markings on the package and it will help with a high degree of accuracy to decide which one to choose tiles for the floor and walls of the kitchen or bathroom.
- A - tiles with high resistance to water, chemicals and mechanical stress.
- B and C - tiles having an average degree of resistance to moisture and chemicals.
- D - are unstable to moisture and chemicals decorative ceramics.
in the bathroom or in the home and the pool floor and walls are constantly in contact with a lot of water, steam, detergents, as well as reagents for water disinfection, which can stain and destroy glaze ceramics.The kitchen humidity below but higher probability of contact with tiles not only chemically aggressive detergents and acids or fats contained in food.Therefore, for one, and for other premises should choose wall tiles labeled AA or, in extreme cases, A.
Durability tile on the label is denoted by Roman numerals IV and on this indicator requirements tile kitchen and baths are different.For bathroom and kitchen walls no need to buy a tile with a high degree of wear resistance, is more important than its resistance to moisture and aggressive environments.But for the kitchen floor need durable, low porosity, chemical resistance tiles are generally of class III durability.
Durability - is not synonymous with quality ↑
Durability and abrasion resistance is the most important technical characteristics of the tiles, which defines its scope.
According to the norms of national and international standards, ceramic tiles, depending on the destination premises of traffic it is divided into five classes of abrasion resistance, denotedthe acronym REI and the corresponding Roman numeral:
- REI I - first class tiles for areas with low traffic density, is well suited for bathrooms;
- REI II - tiles of the second class is designed for areas with low traffic for residential premises, except corridors, kitchens, balconies and loggias;
- REI III - the third class tiles can be used in the finishing of premises with medium traffic, with no direct access to the street: kitchen, hall, covered terraces and balconies;
- REI IV - fourth grade tiles for the floor and walls of offices, clinics, hotels and other public spaces, as well as corridors and hallways in flats and houses;
- REI V - Tile fifth grade wear resistance suitable for areas with any degree of traffic, from the shopping and business centers, and ending with manufacturing plants, car dealers, warehouses.
in accommodation, with the exception of the hallway, is recommended for finishing the tile does not exceed Class III durability.The fact that the term "class durability" means only one product specification but not quality score or grade.Suppose in front of you in the range of tiles for the bathroom: what to choose to serve for a long time and cost cheaply?
Abbreviation AA in icon markings and wear resistance class I-II - ideal for you.It lay on the bathroom floor tile class IV- V durability or resistance to low temperatures, you are badly overpaid for product specifications, that will never be in demand in the residential area.
Ceramic tile of domestic producers is of three grades, and between them there are differences in quality and price.On the products of foreign manufacturers do not indicate grade: meaning that in the hands of the consumer can only get a high quality product.However, international standards require the packaging label of the highest quality tile inscriptions red tile second grade denote blue marking, and third grade - green.
Secrets of design tiles ↑
dealt in the basic technical characteristics of the tiles, be sure to check whether there is on the surface of products of foreign inclusions, bubbles, grains, convex, concave, cracks and chips.Floor bathroom and kitchen is very important that the coating was not slippery.
Important: Matte tile has a higher coefficient of friction wet or resistance to sliding than glossy.Fans of shiny satin finishing materials suitable tiles - a brilliant, but not slippery, by the addition of special salt glaze.
ill-considered color choice or a bad choice of tile texture it can lead to unpredictable irritating effects.To a small bathroom or kitchen seem more spacious in their finishing facing materials to be used light pastel tones.
The interior of the small room is not recommended to use more than three colors of ceramic tiles - this method also reduces the volume.
Important: tile with a glossy sheen to visually reduces the room.If necessary, choose a tile with low reflectivity, ie with a "matte" glaze.
Dirt, stains and lime are less visible on the tiles with a grainy texture or the chromatic surface.On a glossy surface of the veneering ceramic dark and black colors too visible even minor chips and scratches.When choosing the color and texture of the tiles in the bathroom or kitchen, do not forget about practicality.
Videos about the benefits and rules of selection ↑
competent selection of the necessary specifications tiles and elaborate color scheme can help you without making mistakes, and save money to buy a beautiful and durable tile for the bathroom or kitchen.