How often do you go to bed with the sunset?Stupid question, right?Especially in winter, when it gets dark before the end of the day, and in fact after we left still so many things that need to be revamped and certainly today.In the cities easier - bright illumination on the streets and gives us the opportunity to meet with friends and go for a run to the shops, and just a walk before bedtime.And the so-called private sector?Street lights and little cover they mostly center.The outskirts of the most decorated one or two lights.That accounts for the owners of private houses to take care of the light of life.And more and more owners set streetlights on solar batteries.What?Light and electricity do not need to pay.
Street lighting farmhouse ↑
Any owner of your own home is well aware that the arrangement of the farm and surrounding areas (entrance to t
No matter how big (or small) our site, it is always a place in need of light.What is most often equipped with light sources?
- porch (front door)
- path to the house
lot of steam dim lampshades above the door to the house or barn replaces all possible illumination.Well, what if, before the shed and cellar have to stumble in the dark?There's also a couple of steps all pereterpit, but will not pay extra for electricity!Familiar?
Now let's see what we can do, having at its disposal lighting, independent of the mains:
- arrange decorative and functional lighting at home and any ancillary buildings
- cover all paths in the area (and outbuildings, and garden)
- decorate the landscape scenery (alpine slides, fountains, lawns, flower beds, gazebos)
- organize bright illumination of access roads to the site and the house
How do you?Like?Then determine what you want to select backlight, and proceed to the selection of appropriate lighting.
Selecting fixtures on solar batteries ↑
We are fortunate that technological progress now goes towards improving our lives.That is, many discoveries are not aimed at the sphere of arms (at least, not only in it), and towards the household improvements.And the results of those studies that were previously intended for what some military space objectives, is now used in our peaceful comfortable life.One of these inventions become solar cells.They have come a long way from the super-expensive devices used on spacecraft to the modern variant.
So what do we offer manufacturers of solar lighting fixtures?There are several classifications of lanterns with respect to different characteristics.But we are now the most appropriate would be the division of the streetlights on the method of installation:
- lanterns on short legs, a light source which is almost close to the ground (set mainly next to the tracks on the site)
- lights on the posts of different lengths,covering a large enough area around (such lanterns conveniently illuminate driveways, or set them next to the porch)
- pendant lamps, hung on the branches of trees or stretched rope (hang over beds or near the gazebo)
- facade and recessed (mounted directly to thewall of a house - or as a light decorative items, or as bright spotlight aimed at the desired location around the house)
- decorative lamps (well here and so everything is clear - they can decorate as the landscape features of the site, and the house itself)
In any of these types of lighting can be used with different brightness LEDs.After all, for purely decorative purposes more suitable mysterious multicolored shimmer, and if such functionality is exactly Lantern lighting, then it is better to choose a more powerful lamp.So decide what you need, look at catalogs, and buy yourself your favorite options.Just be sure to try to make your choice coincides with the basic design of the house and land, because the main feature of a spectacular design - its harmony.
What is - solar lamp ↑
Despite the diverse design of solar lamps, they are arranged more or less standard and consist of the following components:
- lighting unit (LED lamp housing)
- solar panel (photovoltaic modulewhich converts the sun's energy into electricity)
- battery (for the smallest models - simple rechargeable battery)
- controller (automatically switches the lights at the same time optimizes the battery)
- support (column, legs, suspension, decorative body)
It seems easier to nowhere.However, this ingenious simplicity sought for many years.Recall that the use of precursors of the modern solar cell started in the seventies of the last century.Moreover, these batteries are very expensive and with little efficiency.What has changed now?Finally we learned:
- make photovoltaic modules compact and with an efficiency of at least twice the level of space analogs of the last century
- produce capacious batteries small
- used as lamps LEDs
All this made it possible to obtain affordable domesticLamps with solar batteries.And design of various size, methods of installation and operational functions of the lanterns at the mercy of artists and designers, who ever since the appearance of the first home and street light sources (such as torches, candles and oil lamps) sought to give them the grace, beauty and originality.So we are now able to choose a solar lampion that suits our tastes and preferences.
way, choosing a svetilnichek, do not forget to ask about its specifications.In order for you to understand what is being said, here are some data on the maximum service life of components:
- LED - up to 100 thousand hours (considering that a day this LED work 8-10 hours, it turns out more than 27 years)
- solar battery - up to 25 years
- battery - up to 15 years
It is clear that for the quality priborchik a long life and you need to pay in quality.But it's not necessary to buy the most reliable system.Everything for street lighting on a suburban site is enough general term "life" flashlight somewhere in 5-10 years, and during this time there will be even more reliable and miniature models.
weighty list of advantages ↑
Due to the simplicity of design and reliability of the components of solar lamps have a good set of benefits.These include:
- affordable prices
- savings on payment of electricity
- ease of installation (mounted on their own, without the help of experts)
- ability to install in any place, even inaccessible
- long life
- ease of operation (switched on and offautomatically)
- a wide variety of designs (can be used for decorative purposes)
- environmental (do not harm the environment, even when disposing of)
- safety (running on low currents)
And virtually the only drawback of these lanterns - susceptibility to contamination - easyPeriodic cleaning is achieved.
rules of installation and operation ↑
such rules a little bit, just two.
need to install lights so that their day to maximize solar cells is sunlight.
the battery itself is necessary from time to time to wipe the dust and dirt that it runs at full capacity.
That's it - the life of light provided to you.Successful achievements in the field of lighting design!