Linoleum - one of the most beautiful and durable flooring, characterized by the same high practicality.This unusually warm, hygienic and very durable material.To maintain its performance simply try to avoid long-term contact with chemicals linoleum, for example, such as mineral oil, soda, alkalis and acids.This flooring is perfectly ordinary washed with warm soapy water, and return him to the former luster very easily possible by means of rubbing compound.Undeniable, and also plays a significant role in the choice of base advantage is the ease of laying linoleum.With this work, anyone can handle, and we, in turn, will try to facilitate this process and provide some useful tips on how to lay linoleum.
Preparation for laying linoleum ↑
Before laying linoleum need to carry out a numberpreparatory work.This stage can not be avoided for any type of flooring.After proper preparation for flooring base - the key to a remarkable appearance and long life of the floor.
Determine the amount of material ↑
to determine exactly how much material you will need to stagnation, it is recommended to draw a floor plan of the room with the most accurate indication of the location of all doorways and pipes belonging to the floor.Further, in this figure must be put down all the dimensions:
- length and width of the room;
- distance communication up to enter the premises;
- width doorways.
Now you can go shopping linoleum.
Tip: buy linoleum better in a specialized hardware store, because there are mainly consultants are specially trained people who can help in the selection of the material and give expert advice, as well as pick up the necessary accessories (connection corners) and skirtings.
choosing linoleum, special attention should be paid to the width of the cover, trying to pick it up so as to avoid the formation of the joints or reduce their number to a minimum.Some stores are practicing not only the selection of the material according to the plan of the room, but also the right size cutting.You just have to bring it home and spread out properly.
Tip: when purchasing linoleum immediately should purchase new skirting, the best of soft plastic (they are more closely adjacenteven to uneven walls) with a cable channel.Do not forget about the dowel-nails for fastening and rapids.
make space for ↑
first must fully prepare the room in which you plan to change coverage.To maximize ease the future work should be taken out of the room all the furniture and interior design, located on the floor.Linoleum - very soft material, which is why drag items with the uncovered portion of the finished base is fraught with the emergence of a number of difficulties:
- first, every time rearranging the furniture or other elements of the interior, you will need to take care of special substrates, avoiding punchinglinoleum;
- secondly, when moving heavy objects on the surface of the new coating is required to leave scuff or scratch, and you run the risk of immediately after work to see sloppy nipped floor.
road to success - training grounds ↑
Now pay attention to the ground plane.As with any other floor covering, it should be as smooth, it can not be left on even minimal irregularities.Linoleum - very soft material, the surface is very fast taking shape beneath the floor, so that even a very small pebble can cause great damage to the cover above it.
lay linoleum, in principle, be on any base.The main condition - it is an absolute flatness.Special types of insulated material did not allow the use of thermal insulation even before lay linoleum on concrete.But the waterproofing layer is still to build.Normally, before to lay linoleum on concrete floor, its surface stretches ordinary roofing material.
Many people wonder whether it is possible to lay linoleum on the linoleum?Of course you can, if it is not too old.From this new floor will benefit.It will be much softer and warmer than the old one.In the houses of reinforced concrete structures may encounter the following problem: plates, forming the basis of gender, they are not always primed.In this case, the coating will make its way through the construction dust.Avoid this by yourself primed the entire surface.If you decide not to remove the old linoleum, you can restrict priming edges.
To avoid embossed pattern plank surface before lay linoleum on the wooden floor, it should be covered with plywood or hardboard.In this case also, it should be noted that the board under the linoleum when excessive moisture may begin to rot, so for the life of the need to be monitored closely to ensure that under the floor did not get any liquid.
How to prepare material ↑
delivered the purchased material to the destination, the rolls must be deployed in the area where you plan to lay linoleum.Here, it should be flat at least two days.This will allow him to return to the form and accept these sizes.If the coating consists of several parts, all of them should be expanded in its place.
Tip: linoleum should only be transported in rolls.If it is a rectangle folded several times, from the folds formed as a result of this action, it will be impossible to get rid of.
What is needed for laying ↑
Before laid linoleum, it is necessary to prepare all necessary.We may need:
roller and brush the primer;
double-sided tape or cold welding;
knife for cutting linoleum;
two spatula for applying adhesive (one - normal, and the other with the teeth).
How to put linoleum - technology ↑
- Before you lay linoleum after it is fully otlezhus, it must be completely leveled on the surfacesex and cut all unnecessary.Between the wall and the floor covering should be left inch gap, the so-called expansion joint.This will avoid the appearance of waves on the basis of the final, and the gap can be easily hidden under the baseboard.
- Now one end of the roll of material.
- thinking about how to lay linoleum, not everyone guess that for better fixation of the coating can be stuck to the ground.We recommend that you do so.On the surface of the floor, which had just been removed linoleum, put a layer of adhesive with a notched trowel.
- Puts rolled up piece of material and carefully smoothes it.
- expansion joints cut the cover as follows: under the linoleum sheet of plywood laid on top have lapped the second piece and, using a ruler and a knife, cut through both layers of material.If the linoleum is too thick, it is sufficient to cut at least one layer, leaving a scratch in the second, serving the mark for cutting.
types of welding linoleum ↑
interconnected pieces of linoleum can be using hot and cold welds.Hot welding seams requires the use of special tools, so it is used only for paving in commercial establishments, shops, offices and others.
in a residential area good connection joints can be achieved by cold welding.This is a special glue dissolving edges of linoleum and forming at drying a homogeneous structure with a floor covering.
Let us consider how to lay linoleum, using the method of cold welding:
- connects two pieces of linoleum.
- Joint sizing tape.This will prevent the adhesive composition to other areas of the coating.
- penetrate the adhesive tape at the junction.
- glue is applied with a minimum thickness of 4 mm.
- After 10 minutes, remove the adhesive tape completely with the excess glue.
tip: in contact with the adhesive on the linoleum is not in a hurry to wipe it immediately.After drying this adhesive remarkably removed from the surface by means of an ordinary knife.
Terms installation baseboards ↑
If we talk about how to lay linoleum, it is necessary to give some tips on installing moldings.After all, why would you, by doing most of the work, call the experts to carry out this stage.So,
- take out of all the skirting strips covering the cable channel.
- Spread skirting along the walls and trim them to size.
- are pressed simultaneously plinth to the floor and the wall in the recess under the bar through drill hole (in the baseboard and the wall).
- Attach the plinth using dowels, screws.
- continue these manipulations on the entire length of the skirting board.
Tip: thick cables in the cable channel should be simultaneously with the installation.Otherwise it will do very problematic.
furnishings, interior and new linoleum ↑
Talking about how to lay linoleum, not to mention the return of the furniture in the room.This is where most of the new coating acquires scratches, scuffs and even ragged holes.Let's see how this can be avoided:
- The first thing to check all furniture legs, which is planned to place in the room.They must be lined with soft substrates, which can be used as a plastic or suede.
- At entering its upholstered furniture items often put to one side so that they can easily get in the door opening.Quite often, in the side walls of chairs or sofas there are small sticking cloves.If this furniture to drag on the linoleum, the carnations stuck like in a soft floor covering can not just scratch it, but to tear a large piece.
- When you drag a heavy dimensional objects under them is necessary to put a soft and durable material (eg, an old rug or blanket).Now, if you pull the edges of the fabric, we can easily deliver a cupboard or wardrobe directly to your destination.
- most dangerous pieces of furniture are sliding chairs and sofas.Generally, rollers, intended for the design of rolling on the floor are not checked, and it is their fault causes damaged flooring after installation of furniture in the room.
So we marked all the main stages of the process and we are confident that you are no longer interested in the question, how much is to lay linoleum.It remains to place the video showing the detail laying linoleum.
How to lay linoleum - video ↑