foam is an environmentally friendly material, which is able to provide effective insulation, high fire safety and thus bring significant economic benefits during the construction of buildings and structures, as well as their further exploitation.The polymeric foam material is similar in structure to natural materials: microscopic cells (as cork) are filled with gas or air.This structure and gives excellent thermal insulation properties of this material, so as the foam insulation has been recognized worldwide.Use in construction of houses foam as insulation is one of the cheapest ways to achieve good thermal insulation.
properties and characteristics of the foam ↑
basic properties of the foam is ch
- Environmental cleanliness andharmlessness - regulated hygienic conclusions manufacturers and state standards.
- low thermal conductivity.According to this indicator, as well as a vapor barrier foam today has no equal.The material consists of 98% air, and he is known - the best natural insulator.
- Stability and fire safety in a wide range of temperatures.Its physical and chemical properties do not change when the ambient temperature.Foam fire-resistant material.It belongs to the group of plastics, is released during combustion, as well as wood, carbon dioxide and water.But high-quality foam does not support combustion: it contained a flame retardant gives the material self-extinguishing.
- low dynamic stiffness, which provides good sound insulation.
- Resistance to different technical environments, as well as microorganisms.The material does not emit water-soluble substances, does not decompose, so when released into the soil or groundwater has no detrimental effect on the natural resources.
Good to know!Foam used in construction must be protected from interacting with chemical compounds - alcohol, turpentine, paint thinner, acetone, kerosene, gasoline, the various resins which can completely dissolve the foam and damage the cellular structure.
- Resistance to biological factors.Polystyrene is not a breeding ground for bacteria and fungi mold, so their appearance it is possible.
- Lightweight.Due to the minimum density, the foam had virtually no effect on the change in the load on the foundation and load-bearing structures.
- Easy handling and simple installation.
- durability.It has a virtually unlimited service life.
The use of foam as insulation ↑
Thanks to aggregate all of the above properties, and especially the use of low thermal conductivity of the foam in the construction allows:
- first - reduce the cost of heating the building during the operation;
- secondly - save useful area;
- in the third - to reduce the cost of handling;
- fourth - to reduce the costs for the use of sophisticated mechanisms and tools in the processing;
- fifth - to reduce the time of construction work,
give a warm and comfortable building.
Good to know!The foam is well combined with many materials, such as cement, lime, plaster, foam paint, asphalt coatings, roofing material, artificial fertilizers, caustic soda, soap.
foam is widely used in the device, underfloor heating, as well as thermal insulation of the foundation, walls and roofs.This material is widely used for insulation of pipes, cables, ducts and other underground utilities.
foam has become indispensable in the production of refrigeration and freezing equipment and in the construction of low-temperature warehouses.
insulation of walls: inside and outside ↑
There has been an increasing popularization of the foam insulation of walls.This is primarily due to the constant rise in price of energy, and, as you know, the foam wall insulation can reduce heating costs by up to 50%.In this case, the heat in the house will feel cool and eliminate the need for frequent turn on the air conditioner.
The foam is used for internal and external wall insulation.On the outside of the plate are bonded with cement mortar, mastic or adhesive or attached using the mounting kit.The foam protects against possible exposure to open flame various non-combustible materials: bricks, ceramic tiles, aluminum or steel profile, plasters.
In the inside of the premises showing the foam and its soundproofed properties.And in these cases it must be protected from open flame.This is done using a conventional gypsum board or plaster.
Plates for outdoor mounting should have a thickness of 50 mm, and for domestic as little as 30 mm.When mounting plates foam outside wall surface of plaster cement mortar, using the metal mesh.
floor insulation foam ↑
When floor insulation foam is an effective means of insulating, and also reduces the transmission of impact sound (move furniture, steps, etc.).Slab foam thickness of 50 mm are usually laid on a layer of insulating material.After the sealing of joints on the top of the fresh concrete and sand-cement mix or particleboard decking slab at least six cm.
Insulation of roofing ↑
Thermal insulation foam roofs of residential houses and buildingspublic utilities carried out in several ways.One of them - "Non ventilated (warm) roofs."In this case, the roof cover plates foam thickness of 70 mm, pouring a waterproof bituminous top layer.The second method - "Vent (cold) roof" when slabstock foam is mounted on the rear side of the roof, leaving a cavity vented to prevent water condensation.Especially important is a good thermal insulation of the roof at the device the living room in the attic.
protection from the cold basement ↑
no secret that the basis for building a foundation, and thermal comfort and durability of the house depends to a considerable extent from him.Therefore, the thermal insulation of the foundation, particularly in latitudes with severe winters, plays a pivotal role in the construction of buildings.Polystyrene is traditionally used as a middle layer of three-layer foundation blocks.No worse than proved himself as the foam insulation (reviews about it very good) in the construction of buildings bespodvalnyh: insulation boards are placed in one or more layers to the prepared area and poured concrete.
Next structure is built in the usual way.In this situation, concrete screed and serves as the foundation, and as the basis of sex.The foam is also used for the exterior basement insulation to prevent freezing of the soil.To do this, dig a trench along the foundation of a width of 1 m, laid insulation boards and covered.
Foam insulation for communications ↑
Yet, until recently, thermal insulation engineering communications do not give proper attention, although the heat loss through them is about 30%.Recently, for thermal insulation of pipelines of water supply, telephone lines, air ducts, buried cables are increasingly began to use foam.With this excellent material is now line can be run at a lesser depth, reducing the volume of excavated soil much.In this case, the special role played by the possibility of giving the foam almost any desired shape, adapting it to the requirements of the design.
insulation cold rooms ↑
foam used in the construction of refrigeration facilities at the device showcases, freezers, refrigerated warehouses, refrigerated wagons.In this case, taking into account not only the thermal conductivity, but also moisture absorption.For these two indicators is superior to all existing foam insulation materials previously used in refrigeration, for example, and ekspanzit miporu that absorb moisture slowly, which reduces the effectiveness of insulation.The foam also does not have these drawbacks - water absorption plates is not more than 3%.Moreover, its insulating properties are not deteriorated over time, and the lifetime is 100 years.That's why for the insulation of ceilings, walls, partitions refrigerated space used is polystyrene.
Video clip: home insulation ↑
The use of foam for insulation of walls, roofs, ceilings, floors in homes, as well as utilities and refrigeration facilities is caused by its special physical and technical properties.There is no doubt that in terms of price / quality of the foam - the best insulation.Houses, insulated with foam, will last for many years its owner.