aeroponics - a method of cultivating plants without soil.Is a relatively new, it has already found its wide application in the cultivation of vegetables and, of course, has a great future.This approach requires no special equipment, but also with their hands aeroponics possible.
What is aeroponics ↑
Under this name understands growing plants without the use of a substrate.The roots are at the same air space - this is the main difference from aeroponics hydroponics in which they are immersed in the solution.How to get nutrients to the plants?To do this, the roots regularly irrigated with solutions containing all necessary components.Watering is done not jet, and in an aerosol droplet size of which depends on the atomizing device.To the roots will not dry, so ir
first method was developed and published by VMArtsikhovskaya in 1911.However, over the next 80 years, mentions of it are extremely rare.It was only in the 1990s the cultivation of airspace have been widely used in laboratory practice.Since 2000, the aeroponic installations were used in agriculture, and is rapidly gaining popularity.
Now this method is considered to be environmentally friendly and highly efficient, allows to obtain much higher yields at lower costs.However, it is not only used on an industrial scale.You can buy or make your own hands aeroponics miniature, designed for home use.
equipment aeroponics ↑
consider how to make their own hands aeroponics with the water pump.For a small device installation need the following items.
- tank of nutrient solution.
- flat container with a lid.It must be opaque fact that the light in the solution began to develop a blue-green algae, plants competing for nutrients and air, and their toxic products of their life.
- Flexible hoses.It is important to choose the right diameter, because all joints must be airtight.Hoses, nozzles, adapters and various elements of the connection is easy to find in stores plumbing.
- nozzles.Choosing dispensers, aeroponics, should take into account the biological characteristics of plants.Suffice coarse roots that require abundant moisture, it is possible to irrigate large droplets having a diameter greater than 100 micrometers.Universal mikrodzhety, spray water mist almost: a method of supplying the nutrient solution makes the most accessible to the roots.
- own pump, a membrane or diaphragm.If you choose this device will need a creative approach.Many people try to use the aquarium equipment, but its capacity is insufficient even for the smallest installations.But the road is quite suitable.Pumps for wiper and motor compressor has long been successfully used by amateur bessubstratnogo growing plants.There are also special pumps for aeroponics, and the cost of domestic production models may be only a couple of thousand.
- timer.This equipment aeroponics can be mechanical or electronic.First a simple and reliable, but the minimum step size for them is 15 minutes, an interval for a number of systems is too large.Spraying the roots of young plants which may be 5 minutes each, and only the growth of this gap can be increased to 20 minutes to mature plants.
- In addition, many of these models are loud tick.The weak point of the electronic timers - their batteries, often turns out that to buy a spare part that is extremely difficult.When you purchase a timer should not choose the cheapest model - they are very easily damaged, so that to save, in this case it will not succeed.
aeroponics How to build your own hands ↑
pump with a timer connected to the tank.Aeroponics nozzles installed in the bottom of the container, and each of them is fixed via multiple hose adapter.These connections have to be sealed, which you can use silicone.The second end of the hose is attached to the pump.Unit ready, there to plant the plants.It is necessary that they do not come into contact with the plastic, after all the hard stuff can damage the tender shoots and roots.
Directly to cover plants can be built using pots without a bottom.Another option - the use of foam or foam plates.The size of the holes is chosen very carefully, because the plant is necessary to feel comfortable and do not fall through down.The nutrient solution is poured into the tank, hence it via the pump will flow to the nozzles and sprayed on the roots of plants.
aeroponics air compressor ↑
it looks like an option, but the other driving force, capable of providing a solution to the roots.Instead of the pump here must take an external air compressor and connect it to the tank.And the tank, and a hose, and all compounds, thus, must be strictly hermetic, as it is necessary to compressor work created inside of the pressure.As with any other device, having to deal with high pressure sensor is required, registering its changes, as well as solenoid valves, which are installed in front of each nozzle.Such a method is useful if you intend creating aeroponic installation of small size, for example, for the cultivation of dill, parsley or other herbs.
Ultrasonic aeroponics ↑
This is another, perhaps the most original method of spraying the nutrient solution.This approach has long been practiced in climate control devices, for example, so-called "fog generators" are an example of an ultrasonic aeroponics.Passage of the acoustic wave through the liquid causes the formation of cavitation bubbles therein, resulting in air ejected small liquid particles.Ultrasound wave is generated in such plants, a piezoceramic element, which is a membrane or a flat disk.
This aeroponics has some limitations.The fact that the temperature of the mist produced by sonication, can not be below 40 ° C, and is twice higher than the optimum temperature of the solution.Therefore it is necessary to put more effort into pre-cooled liquid, which significantly reduces the efficiency of the process.Furthermore, aeroponics such solutions can be used only low concentrations which do not exceed 500 ppm.Therefore, with the help of ultrasound may only grow seedlings or young greens.
solution for aeroponics ↑
composition of elements in the regular admission which plants need more or less known and worked for different groups of plants.But the number of components and the mode of receipt of each time must be selected by trial and error.The fact that at the roots of hitting droplets of the solution begin to dry, and then changes and salt concentration.In choosing the optimal mode of the lead role played by observation of plants: the intensity of growth, the preservation of turgor, discoloration of leaves, etc.
main components of the nutrient solution - nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium (N, P, K).However, apart from this, we need many other elements, and in a form accessible to the roots of their assimilation.Typically in the nutrient mixtures are salts of calcium, e.g., calcium nitrate, magnesium sulfate, copper and zinc citrate, chloride or iron sulfate.There are detailed recipes that are painted all the ingredients and indicate their approximate number.These compositions are designed mainly for hydroponics, they can be made the starting point when creating aeroponic system.
For preparation of the nutrient solution is best not to use tap water, and distilled or rain water, it will know exactly concentration and avoid unwanted impurities.Each salt is dissolved separately and mixed only then add water to volume.Pre-soften hard water by means of special filters, tablets or by infusion for 12 hours with peat based on 700 g of 10 liters.Keep salt preferably in a dark dry place in tightly closed containers.
Advantages aeroponics ↑
Fans technique called aeroponics most advanced methods and technologies of the future.
- absence of the substrate avoids usual gardening dirt and dust.
- easy to solve the problem of pests.
- unlimited availability of oxygen to the roots of their promotes rapid development, which, in turn, provides a rapid set of sprout biomass.
- in terms of the built environment is easy to pick the climatic conditions are optimal for a given culture.
- regardless of external conditions can be obtained several harvests per year.
- Many components of care of plants are automated, and the rest - are minimal.Before the new season is enough to flush the system and remove the old plants.
- Compared with traditional methods of growing plants, aeroponics requires a much smaller area.In addition, such a system can be easy to make a multi-tiered.
As a result, the final total benefit aeroponic crops can be considered as their higher yields.
Video: Growing peppers by aeroponics ↑
Being a relatively young and high-tech method of cultivation on aeroponics, however, available to everyone.All supplies can easily be purchased at a hardware store.Not so difficult to collect and aeroponics hands.Here, a wide open space for creativity, because this setting can be adjusted by just one pot or are sophisticated irrigation system a variety of plants.Experience needed for successful, but it recruited very quickly, and errors due to the plasticity of living organisms, are not fatal.Constructing aeroponics, you can start to provide the family table with fresh herbs throughout the year, as well as the acquisition of self-confidence, and go to the creation of their own business.