breed Natural stone has always been the bedrock of any construction.Marble, granite, limestone and sandstone and today remain the most popular building materials.Sophisticated styling natural stone can decorate the walls and foundations of houses, reservoirs and help build a track on the plots.It's a great way to decorate borders and fences, fences.Knowing the basic laws it can be quickly and at minimum cost to elevate any building to create a simple, but effective architectural mini-object sculpture.
not less popular due to improvements in production technologies are artificial analogues - laying artificialstone simplifies the decoration, because it usually has a regular shape in contrast to the wild stones.However, the artificial stone is an equally impressive aesthetic qualities, and in the matter of strength and durability will probably be more practical and wild ston
Whatever it was, and she and the other kind of stone used for decorative purposes.Laying decorative stone of any origin (if tried on its creation nature millions of years, or is it a product of creativity stonecutters in any shop with modern equipment) - the process simple.If you have any idea how should undergo finishing work, the task will be to you on the shoulder.
Technologies works ↑
Before deciding to use the least artificial, though wild stone in the construction of note that both of these species are mostly used for cladding, finishing works, but not for a full-fledged construction.Artificial stones made of granite, agglomerate and cement mortars - the strength of these materials is high, but still not sufficient to withstand the load of the building, consider this.Landscaping and decoration of buildings - that's where the laying of decorative stone is in place and will not disappoint you later.
Technology laying natural stone and synthetic analogues, if the source material has a regular geometric shape identical to bricklaying.The process is carried out either on the basis of fastening solutions, or so-called "dry".Hence, the two technologies:
- «dry" method.To improve the density and reliability of masonry, in this case the gaps between the stones filled with earth, clay or mixtures fastening.Most often, this method is used when laying the curb, to design low fences and fences, as the strength of the pile of stones is not sufficient to a great height - a design can turn very unstable.Looks but such a connection is very texturally and effectively.With irregularly shaped stones on the order of this technology is more difficult to implement, since it is very difficult to fit differing in thickness, density and height units.
- «wet" laying stone and artificial stones durable and effective for the construction of structures of any height and shape.It is especially good for building a solid monolithic structures.This method does not require careful fitting of units to each other - binders fill the gaps between the stones are firmly connecting them and allowing to achieve the ideal form of construction.Equally well for artificial stones and wild species.
nuances of laying ↑
When dealing with rough stones that are irregular, ragged shape and thickness of the vibrating, it is important to calculate the load:
- For facing vertical surfaces (facades, fencing foundations, walls) using stones 1-2 cm thick.
- for resettlement area (trails, trotuarchiki, etc.) will be enough stones in the thickness of 2-2.5 cm.
- If carpeted stone platform on which planned to place ponderous machinery, pick up stones with a thickness of 4 cm.
to finish the vertical planes stones are sorted by weight and size: the largest installed in the base, the lower ranks.Also for lining the corner sections and wall decoration intersection take poprochnee stones.Also, make sure that the next series of horizontal joints were a little biased - to the connection between the stones do not coincide in all rows (working on the principle of laying the bricks).So your coverage will be stronger and sturdier.
Make sure that the solution was a bit of a surplus, recessed boulders at him with a hammer-cam.Compacted stones, let excess cement - or any other solution that decide to use - to spread on vertical seams between them.If the gap is formed between the large units, fill them with smaller stones, or even gravel, broken.
Council .If carelessness spilled solution or binder mixture on the face of the stone is already laid, do not rush to wipe them with a damp sponge immediately.So you just fill the pores of rock solution, and this spot nothing can be done.Wait until the mixture is dry, and scrape it with a spatula, erasing liberated surface with a dry cloth.
Also, do not forget to turn the stretcher and laid bonder stone - all on the same principle of stacking bricks - this eliminates the need to precisely fit different-sized boulders and save a lot of time.
Basic Principles ↑
to the surface of your lining kept aesthetics and appeal, follow the simple principles of working with stone, and your coverage will serve faithfully for many years:
- not engage in improvisation - its fruits do not always correspond to your idea of whatit will look like in practice.Be sure to think through in advance drawing its masonry, laying of natural stone does not tolerate fuss: Consider alternating sizes, light and dark boulders, perhaps patterns that you want to achieve.
- usually decorative stone is laid, starting from the upper ranks - this will avoid getting solution on the front surface of the previous, already packed rows of stones.But, as we already know, not amenable to cleaning very easy.
- adhesive or mortar is applied and on the base and on the back side of the unit, it is important - as cladding get whole, not its individual pieces will fall in a few months.
- sure to align and degrease the surface, which are going to stoning.It must not be free of dust, stain, foreign matter.
- After all stones are laid, cover your creation or protective ground hydrophobizator - will be stronger, it will stay longer.
As you can see, the special difficulties in the process of placing both wild and artificial stones there.The main thing - the sequence, a spark of imagination, and a little patience.