Radiators, cast iron already safe to be called classics of the heating infrastructure of several countries, including Russia and other CIS member states, even though they have long been abroad relate to outdated equipment and virtually apply.We at the peak of their popularity retain useful properties of cast iron.This good resistance to corrosion, which affects the duration of the period of use without repair;and resistance to the destructive effects of various impurities added to the coolant;and ease of use.On the whole, Russia's heating system mostly does not allow the use of other types of batteries.Let us consider what is a cast-iron radiators.
Structural features, the operating principle ↑
Radiators, cast iron poured from iron alloy characterized by a homogeneous mass, and are intended for u
Application for cast iron radiators specifications depend on the model of the equipment.Separately, each type will not be considered, limited to the general properties.
- inside edge of cast-iron batteries are arranged vertically, which provides better heat dissipation.
- temperature for cast iron radiators should not exceed 150 ° C.
- Optimal crimp pressure is 18 bar.
- iron battery Operating pressure 9-12 bar.
- power cast-iron radiators is in the range of 100-150 watts, depending on the model.
- high inertia, that is, slow heating and slow cooling of the same, which renders meaningless the heating control.
wonder: Power, stated in the specifications, is always different from the actual.The reason is very simple: testing equipment occur in laboratory conditions close to ideal.In real life, when the coolant temperature in the boiler of 60 ° C, the power will not rise above 50 watts.That is, if you want to have your radiators were heated to 60 ° C, it is necessary to maintain the temperature of the boiler at 75 ° C.
operating principle of cast iron radiators is absolutely no different from all the others.Heated to the required temperature by the coolant supplied to the radiator pipes compartments and by giving heat heats air in the room.
In today's construction market of the following types of cast iron batteries:
- single channel;
Advantages of cast-iron radiators ↑
Despite its "rich experience", cast-iron battery (and they have more than a hundred years) continue to be actively used.
try to find out the reasons for their popularity among consumers.So, cast-iron radiators advantages:
- increased inertia.Let's start with this very controversial point.For residents abroad inertia heating equipment - it is rather a disadvantage than advantage.After the temperature of the inertial system is virtually impossible to regulate.In our harsh winter conditions this liability turns into fat plus, because even when you stop the circulation of hot water (this is especially important in non-automated solid fuel systems), cast iron will be a long time to give heat to the room without giving shelter to cool quickly.
- impurities in the coolant.The central heating hot water produced in the CHP, where it added various additives and dyes.This is done so that when the breakthrough of underground utilities serving the color of water can quickly understand which system is affected: water, or thermal conductivity.Also when driving by coolant pipes saturated numerous other chemicals that entering the radiator, promptly cause corrosion of internal surfaces.Cast iron radiators consumer reviews describe how the equipment is very resistant to damage and corrosion.
- Longer lifetime.Cast-iron batteries are able to serve more than 50 years, subject to regular maintenance, including the replacement of gaskets between sections, and wash the cavity radiator.
- small hydraulic resistance.Through this measure cast iron radiators can be used in manual solid systems, ie, systems with a gravity circulation of the coolant.
- A wide cross-section of the channel ensures the normal functioning even at a scale deposits in the system.
Disadvantages of cast iron batteries ↑
But do not think that this is the perfect device for heating.Like all other kinds of batteries, they have a number of disadvantages:
- Cast iron radiators sizes are very bulky, which greatly complicates the installation of the equipment.In addition, they are very heavy, some batteries reach 100 kg.
- Complex Intersection space does not allow to completely clean your device from dust that accumulates in it.
- low efficiency of the heat transfer media control, not only because of the heat capacity of iron, but also large capacity sections.
- slow warming the room.The average heat transfer one section equals 110 watts and heat output of aluminum or bimetal radiators almost a half times more.This is true, but as long as we do not consider the difference in the methods of heating.In aluminum - convection-air, from iron - beam method for transmitting heat.So it beam method in which not only heats up the air, but also near objects are considered the most effective.
- unpresentable appearance.Sullenly standing by the window, cast iron radiator shabby able to nullify all the efforts of the owners apartment on the improvement of their own homes.Such a machine is very difficult to completely mask or screen grids, so many are switching to aluminum or bimetallic analogs differ graceful designs.
Tip: replacement radiators have to be consistent with the special organizations responsible for the correct operation of utilities.
Can cast iron radiator to be beautiful?↑
last, we identified the lack of iron batteries became their unpresentable appearance.
So do they always remain the ordinary and boring and still have the opportunity to choose the iron device for individual tastes of the owner?In the manufacture of cast iron radiators in the first place is their cheapness, so all models are manufactured based on the mass market, characterized by a lab.
Not everyone is aware of this form of production as artistic iron casting, by which on the surface of the heater may receive the original ornament, perfect for the overall style of the room.However, this is expensive radiator, one shestisektsionnaya battery will cost more than 20 thousand rubles.
But such beauty, not only will not have to hide, but even on the contrary, want to show off.Perhaps someday manufacturers have mastered this technology so that cast iron radiators again eclipse all of its competitors.
Video: plumbing of iron instruments ↑
So, acquiring iron radiators are not worth much in a hurry.It is better to sit down and think, and whether it is their installed in their premises, or it is better to use other, more modern battery.