How to choose a convection heater - a device selection criteria and rules of operation
today have become very popular wall heaters convector type.They are not only very quiet work and do not take up much space, but also look very aesthetically pleasing.However, they are not only beautiful and compact, but also effective.These devices are perfect for apartments and office.We hope that this article will answer all your questions about how to select the right convector heater, with all the necessary characteristics of him.
- On what principle works convector heater
- Video: On the merits convectors electric type
- Tips for Choosing convector
- Install the heater and proceed to ekspluatattsii
- Table of technical characteristics and the main criteria for the selection of the electric heater convector type
- Video: How to choose Convection heaters
On what principle works convector heater
Based on the operation of the device that the hot and cold air have different densities.
This type of heater is characterized by simple structure.Inside the metal case, is small in width, placed a heating element powered by electricity.The heating temperature is thermostatically controlled, the handle of which is on the outside of the panel.For the body is metal thickness of 0.8 millimeters.Here, actually, we have considered how the convector heater.There are three types of heating elements for these heaters.Each of them will be discussed below.
Disassembled electric convector and heating element.
1. ribbon heating element (otherwise, the needle) type - a small dielectric plate width on both sides of which are located hinge alloy of chromium and nickel.These loops can be easily damaged, since they differ a great fragility.So now manufacturers have virtually abandoned the manufacture of such heating elements.Especially because they are too slow warm air due to the lack of edges.It heats the body of the device itself, and after it moves and warm air.
2. tube-type heating element (otherwise, PETN) for several decades deservedly recognized as the most popular.On the heater tube, along its entire length, the ribs are placed in aluminum.The more and more often they are located, the higher the heat output.
+ PETN Advantages:
- tube has a temperature much lower than hidden inside Nichrome thread.
- Serves tan for a long time - longer than the heater tape.
- Such a heater can work in areas where the humidity is very high.In this case a protection class IP24.
- PETN Cons:
- When the often heard little annoying crackling.This occurs due to the difference of thermal expansion of the aluminum plates and tubes of steel.
- between aluminum plates, an edge, and the steel pipe has a space that increases with time.This leads to heat loss.
3. There is another type of heating elements - reinforced.They are designed differently.All the same Nichrome thread placed in a cast aluminum housing with fins, and to isolate them from each other is used filling of the dielectric.There is already the heat loss if observed, the minimum - in fact the difference in thermal expansion no longer exists.These heating elements are all good: and quiet, and the body of the device heated a little, and almost do not lose heat.
Since the device inside the hollow body, it serves as a kind of wind tunnel, in which by heating the air creates a craving.While convector is plugged in, the process of continuous cold air through the heating element, its heating and flow upward.And so, portion by portion, gradually heats the air of the room.
convectors are now available in different versions.
So, they are doing:
- outdoor type;
- wall mounted;
- baseboard type.
first two models may have a height of forty-five centimeters.The last is much lower - only twenty centimeters tall, but have impressive long - sometimes up to two and a half meters.Wondering how to choose an electric convector for installation under the window opening, it makes sense to focus on this model.Due to great lengths to move them is not very convenient, but you can know for sure that the air in the lower part of the room is warmed up thoroughly.
Appearance baseboard convector type.
wall electric heaters.
convectors are installed in two ways:
- on the floor against the wall.
To move on the floor they have wheels and a handle.But the heaters are mounted on the wall with special brackets.Thanks to this extra space in the room wall model is not occupied.In addition, they can be a good idea to fit into modern interior design.
Video: On the merits of electric convector type
Tips for Choosing convector
choosing a convector heater it will take into account the following characteristics:
- type of heating element;
- Unit dimensions;
- safe operation;
- Additional features;
- Performance at the examination.
1. So power. It is selected on the basis of what the value of the room to be warm.For example, if you intend to use the device in addition to the heating system at the time, even when not drown or not drown, the forward power as follows: for each cubic meter of room volume should be 25 watts of power.But if the heating in the house does not then have to be considered on the basis of 40 watts per cubic meter.
Here is an example: if the area of a room of 19 square meters, ceilings - 2.7 tenths of a meter - the power of the heater in the offseason believe multiplying these two values by 25. Get 1285.5 watts.We rounded up and are looking for a heater with a capacity of six kilowatts.
2. type of heating element. With regard to the heating element, if there is a choice, take the heater with a cast monolithic heater - and it will last longer and work more effectively.
3. Unit dimensions. inspecting the device, pay attention to its size, especially in height.After all, it affects the speed with which moves the air.For example, convectors The low height of 60 centimeters, can provide very rapid movement of air masses and, consequently, will heat the room.It is also important, as is a heavy instrument - in fact, you may have to rearrange it from place to place during use.
4. safe operation. heater must be as secure as possible.Actually, convectors is the safest equipment for heating.After all, their body is heated only to 60 degrees, no more, and therefore will not leave burns.Parents of young children talking to each other, how to choose the convector heaters give preference to models in which the body is deprived of the corners and has smooth contours.Ground for convectors is not necessary, and the voltage drops, they stand with honor.
5. Additional features. Of the additional features that have a good convectors are the following:
- temperature regulator - a very handy thing.If it's warm, it can be a bit screwed, but at a strong frost - to maximum.
- thermostat will allow to constantly maintain the temperature in the room that is most comfortable for you.
- timer will give an opportunity to include a heater for a certain time, after which the device will work off.This opportunity was a good idea to use the evening before bedtime.Built-in ionizer
- absorbs dust, saturating the air with negative ions.It is very good for health.In the room with the microclimate and sleep better and be more productive.
- remote control and timer on will allow not to get out in the morning from under a warm blanket to warm the room.
- Stall protection - a very important function, especially if the house playful animals or children fidgets.
mechanical control system.
convector with electronic control system
6. Looking at price devices and deciding which company to choose the convector, keep in mind that cheap is a good thing may not be.After all, we all want the heater to be effective and safe, and has worked for a long time had a normal warranty.Therefore, choosing a device, turn your eyes towards the well-known brands which guarantee - not just empty words.They are really responsible for the quality of its products, which is produced for a long time and successfully sell it on the world market.
7. Visual inspection. Looking around the store offer to the seller convector, look at him well for scratches or dents.Unacceptable drips paint distortions housing notches and sharp edges.The screws and bolts must not protrude from the case.If there is anything you do not like or suspicious, it is better not to take such a heater.It's said anything about a bad assembly or a careless transportation.
Remember these three rules:
Each heater convector type is dry air in the room.The other is simply not given, according to the principle of work.The maximum that can help: a container of water to evaporate.
As the air moves constantly in the process of convection, will move with it, and dust.Over time, it has accumulated between the plates.If the seller is a liar will tell you that "the only model" convector dust does not accumulate, do not listen to these fables and call the other consultant.
Any electric heater has an efficiency close to 100 percent.So do not believe that such efficiencies can give only this, persistently imposed vendor model.
Install the heater and start to operate
When you mount on a wall or on the frame of the convector housing legs with wheels, carefully follow the instructions - everything is described.Observe proper distance from the floor heater (ie, the lower edge of its body) must be no closer than 15 centimeters, and the wall or any object - no closer than 25 centimeters.With regard to the upper edge of the apparatus, above it within 45 centimeters, nothing should be.
If we neglect these rules, or anything close top slot chassis quickly overheat protection will operate and turn off the device.So in any case do not try to shove a tall window unit is not dry on the surface of things, and does not cover the upper part.If you do not know how to choose electroconvector a window opening, it is best to purchase a little low, so-called "Baseboard" model.
Care for this type of heater is easy - just occasionally wipe it with a damp cloth exterior panels.Naturally, this is done when the device is unplugged from the outlet.Before that check whether there is enough cool his body.To remove accumulated dust from PETN, take a vacuum cleaner equipped with a short narrow nozzle and carefully clean the heating element.
Table of technical characteristics and the main criteria for choosing an electric convector heater
|Options||values ||Recommendations for choosing|
|Power||From 250 to 3000 W|| for reheating 25 W per 1 m3 |
for basic heating of 40 W per 1 m3
|Heating area||1 to 35 m2||Too much room to heat can be difficult|
|type of heating element|| belt type, |
|better to give preference monolithic heating element|
|Mounting Type|| Floor, |
|If you constantly will only be used in the same room, it is possible to give preference to the wall|
|Management|| Mechanical, |
|Touch Touch is rare.|
|Thermostat|| Electronic, |
|better to give preference to electronic|
|timer||Availability varies by model||better to choose a model with timer|
|Built-in ionizer||Availability varies by model||betterto give preference to models with an ionizer|
|Remote control||Availability varies by model||presence included a very convenient|
|Stall protection||Availability varies by model||very important to have this protection at the floor convectors, especially ifthe home has small children or animals|
|height||to 65 cm||The smaller the faster warm on the inside|
|Length||to 250 cm||Long baseboard heaters are able to quickly and thoroughly warm the room especially in its lowerpart.|
Video: How to choose Convection heaters
- reviews convector heaters
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question