How to choose the kitchen hood
Everyone knows how difficult it is to clean the walls and ceiling of the kitchen from the oily smoke that inevitably remains after cooking.Mingling with the dust, it forms a rather unsightly plaque.It would seem, recently renovated, and here again it is necessary to repaint everything and glue - or go to the kitchen and will be unpleasant.However, this situation may occur if you use for cleaning the air only conventional ventilation system.
Now, with the invention of kitchen hoods, the kitchen renovation can not be necessary for a long time.The device does not allow the fat to settle on the walls or cabinets to the ceiling, catching smells and any evaporation.The air in the apartment is clean and fresh.So buy the hood, if you do not have one, definitely worth it.About how to choose the right hood for the kitchen, not lost in a variety of models, this article will tell you.In it, we'll talk about the main characteristics of the extracts and how much different from each
- What is the purpose and how the hood
- By what criteria should be chosen extract
- filter system
- Appearance and design drawing
- About fans and their power
- Control Panel - which is better?
- Dimensions drawing
- Connection with communications
- more "bells and whistles»
- What kind of lighting is preferable
- The cost of kitchen hoods
- Summary of characteristics and recommendations
- Video: Choosing the hood for the kitchen
Whatand serves as a working hood
device that works on the principle of forced ventilation type.It removes from the air combustion products, as well as odors and fumes.But in the kitchen when cooking, no odor, no fat splashes can not be avoided.
inside the hood is a system of special filters, trapping fumes, odors and soot.In addition, it has a system of forced ventilation.All of this is enclosed in a housing that contains the control panel, or electronic, or mechanical type.Depending on which way the air is cleared, the following extracts are of two kinds:
1. Recirculating exhaust is purified by filters contaminated air, and then release it back into the room.
Example recirculation hoods and how it works.
2. flow-type devices suck dirty air, clean it from grease and grime, and then let out through the external ventilation.
Example flow hood and how it works.
The stretching is usually fixed to the ceiling or the wall above the stove.Sometimes it is hidden in the hanging lockers, open at the bottom - it looks very aesthetically pleasing.The device can be seen only by looking back.
As for ceiling and wall range hoods, they are made so as to blend in with the kitchen design.Air Purifiers, attached to the wall, can be made in a fireplace or trim visor.Sometimes this visor has a retractable screen with a filter inside.
By what criteria should be chosen extract
So, how to choose a hood for the kitchen and, in the first place to look?Let's answer this question.
In devices such as recirculating clean the air passes through two stages of filtration.Thus one filter removes odors and other oily particles are deposited together with soot.
1. system, filtering oily particles may be a removable cassette made of plastic, which is fixed padding polyester or fleece.Such a filter is disposable.As the pollution it can get by inserting a new one.
There reusable aluminum or steel filters - they are not removed, and periodically cleaned of dirt.
Pictured reusable metal filter.
2. Also used disposable carbon filters through which the neutralization of different smells.
should be noted that almost every kitchen hood can be adapted to the recirculation mode.In this case, without the grease filter is necessary.But the second stage filtration is not urgently needed, without the hood quite tolerably works in recirculation mode.If you do not use the grease filter, then all the oil and grease get on the fan blades and the inner part of the hood.And from there become attached to remove grease and grime - consuming task.
Some low-end models of air purifiers and filters do not work - they just remove the polluted air through the external ventilation.At the same time due to the pressure difference at the point of disposal clean air enters from the street.Such devices are commercially available rare.
better pay attention to the current models of hoods, which are an unpleasant odor, and fat will be removed in 6-8 minutes.Moreover, air will lose at least 96% extra impurities.This is particularly important in those apartments where the kitchen and dining room are not separated.
Appearance and design drawing
Now consider how to choose the hood for the kitchen, depending on its design.You've probably already asked yourself this question.For information appliances are suspended, made in the form of the dome, as well as the island.Still there are models that have pushed the working panel.We characterize these types of devices.
1. Hoods suspended type - the cheapest and easy to install, so deserved popularity among buyers.Mode of operation - recycle, with reusable filters are used.They are characterized by low cost and easy installation.
Hanging extractor that is good to use in those areas where there is no possibility of air exhaust in ventilation.
2. Dome hood shaped like an umbrella.Their second name - fireplace.They are also mounted on the wall above the plate, and can not only operate in the recirculation mode, but in the continuous mode.
Hood dome, connected to the ventilation system of the premises and cleans the air very well.
3. When the stove in the kitchen built in, it makes sense to use and built-in type hood.In this case, in a special overhead locker with an open bottom hood is perfectly possible to disguise.
Hood built-in kitchen furniture.
4. And if the stove is not against the wall, and in the middle of the kitchen space, becoming an island type hood.The type of work they have - flow.
Pictured island type hood.
5. plus models with a slide-out panel is compact.Thus, pulling the panel, if necessary, it is possible to handle the air over the entire surface of the plate.
Retractable hoods in the kitchen cabinets.
About fans and their power
The hood can be from one to two fans, powered by an electric current.When talk about how to choose the power of drawing for the kitchen, keep in mind the power of her fans.From this value depends on the basic parameter extraction - performance.It determines how much air can clean the device per unit time.As a rule, the performance of modern exhaust devices ranges from 180 to 700 m3 / h.Fans may run on two or four speeds.
High productivity has its downside: when the device is heard very significant noise.And it is not usually required to work at the limit.Is that sometimes you need to turn on the hood to the maximum - for example, when food is burnt or milk escaped.And if something quietly warming up under the lid closed, and the fan with a small capacity is quite right.
existing sanitary norms, according to which, the air in the kitchen should be changed from 10 to 12 times per hour.Make a calculation: we calculate the amount of food, subtracted from the amount of all the furniture and then multiply by 10. The result is a number specifying the desired device performance.
Control Panel - which is better?
on the outside of the hood body has a control panel.It can be a button, or a touch type A slider.
1. convenient Touch Control that is enough to lightly touch the desired sector of the panel with your finger.Right LED lights up and the unit will perform the task.
2. panel type A slider lets you select the desired mode using the mechanical slider that moves on the plane.
3. with buttons all easy - each button on the panel corresponds to a particular mode of the device.
more may be present at the drawing useful features such as a sleep timer after a specified time, the ultrasonic sensor switch humidity and velocity of the electron type.Such a switch is able to increase the speed of the fan, if the content of the smoke exceeds a predetermined value.
If you choose to stay for the touch screen, but it certainly is convenient and cost data extracts more.
Choosing the hood should be in accordance with the size of the cooker.Remember the basic rule: purchase hood with dimensions not less than the hob.
standard width slabs for the kitchen range from 60 to 90 centimeters.If the selected kitchen hood 50cm wide, is a good result can not be achieved.It is better to let the stove will be blocked air purification device than vice versa.And then the fat and smelly air, and look to even penetrate into the bedroom.
Now a little about the height of the fastening device.According to the rules of the gas stove should hang the hood is not lower than a distance of 75 cm from the surface.For electric cookers, this distance is less than - 65 centimeters.If we neglect this rule, and then we can arrange a fire accidentally.After all, in this case the hood will be very warm, which can lead to fire to the accumulated fat on its walls.
Connection with communications
to air purifier work well, it must be properly connected to the ventilation system.For connection is necessary to use short sockets.The larger tribes have a duct, the lower the performance of the hood.The calculation is simple - every curve results in reduced productivity by 5 percent.
The smoother the duct wall and the larger the diameter, the better it will operate the device.But corrugated hoses are easy to install, on the contrary, reduces its performance.
more "bells and whistles»
Models extracts the highest price category may additionally be present enough useful features.This, in particular, the "interval including" and "remaining play" fan.
periodic inclusion of the exhaust device with an interval of one hour provides a constant flow of fresh air into the apartment.The fan runs at the quiet course, and the air from the room immediately diverted to the street.
«residual move" suggests that after turning off the hood for 5, 10 or 15 minutes will be quietly working her fan.So it is possible to achieve virtually perfect cleansing of kitchen air which may still be some time after cooking.
What kind of lighting is preferable
When ready, I want to look the most natural food.Therefore, over the plate surface is better to use a halogen lamp type.They are not cheap, but are long, and light products as they will look appetizing and natural.But fluorescent lighting should not be used - it will distort colors.Yes, and incandescent lamps will not give, right, blue, yellow and red colors.
The cost of kitchen hoods
in our country are well represented in the shops as budgetary ducting version and model of secondary and higher price categories.When deciding how to choose the hood for your kitchen, first determine with how much money you are willing to spend on it.A much different models in different price ranges, read on.
1. most inexpensive hoods made of plastic with the addition of metal parts.They are controlled by buttons or a slider, a fan is not more than three speeds, the performance does not exceed 450 m3 / h.As lighting are two bulbs.
2. average price models are made of stainless steel, aluminum and tempered glass.The panel may be not only a slide or push-button, but the touch.Sometimes there is a display panel.As the lighting can be used either incandescent or halogen lamps.The performance of the device - up to 650 m3 / h.
3. highest performance at the expensive models hoods.Its value can be up to 1300 m3 / h.As they finish can be used valuable tree.Present remote control, touch panel, and a plurality of sensors (humidity, smoke, temperature, pollution filters), which activate the operation of the device at the right time.There timer, and applies only to lighting halogen lamps.
Summary of characteristics and recommendations
|Options||values ||Recommendations for choosing|
|filter system|| Masloulovitelnye; |
Coal - to filter odors
|better to abandon the acquisition of the flow of cheap hoods not equipped with absolutely no filtration system.In general, the presence of a filter depends on the design drawing.|
|design drawing||Suspension;||well in those areas where there is no possibility to connect to the vent.|
|Dome;||can be used where there is a good opportunity to connect to the vent.|
|Built;||If all the equipment in the kitchen stove and built-in furniture, it is advisable to use this hood.|
|Ostravnaya;||used if the plate is not located near the walls of the room.|
|drawer;||true for small kitchens|
|power from 180 to 700 m3 / h||calculated by multiplying the volume of the space 10 or 12.|
|panel|| touch; |
|touch the most convenient but it is only provided with expensive models.|
|Dimensions||50 - 90 cm.||is selected according to the size of a plate.|
|Additional Features||periodic effect.||This function is selected depending on your needs.|
|residual stroke.||Allows you to clear the air after cooking.|
Video: Choosing the hood for the kitchen
- Comments and opinions about cooker hoods of different constructions
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question