Benefits and harms of infrared heaters to human health
heaters using infrared becoming every year more and more popular.To use them safely and comfortably, and besides, even economically.Is it, try to understand.And look at all the details of infrared heaters, the benefits and harms that are not so well covered in the press and on the Internet.
- Infrared radiation - what is it?
- that is harmful to the infrared heaters type
- Do the benefits of infrared rays
Infrared radiation - what is it?
conclusions about the harmfulness of radiation can be done only in case, if you understand what it represents.In principle, any heater emits infrared rays, but the wavelength and intensity, they have different.Therefore wrong to compare the infrared radiation of a conventional cast-iron battery and an infrared heater.
Infrared Radiation refers to the type of electromagnetic radiation.It is a natural source of the sun.It's nice to feel the warm touch of the skin to sunlight, but too
One of the main advantages of infrared heaters type is that they transmit energy to its destination unscathed.The surface of the objects exposed to infrared radiation, heats up, the stronger the higher the temperature of the heater.After all, as the heat in the spectrum of an increasing number of short waves.Namely, they are most heated surfaces that face them.And if the heater at work is carried out mainly only short-wave radiation, then we need not talk about the benefits, but only about the dangers of infrared heaters.
Depending on what wavelength and temperature to which the heated heating element, infrared heaters are divided into three types:
- heaters that emit long-wave (50 to 200 microns), heatedup to 300 degrees Celsius.
- heaters emitting medium wave (2.5 to 50 microns), heated to 600 degrees.
- heaters that emit short-wave (from 0.7 to 2.5 microns) are heated most strongly - more than 800 degrees.
Depending on the penetration depth in the human skin, the whole range of infrared wavelengths of the spectrum can be divided into three parts:
- IR-A - a wave length of 0.76 to 1.5 microns.They are able to penetrate the skin deep enough - up to four centimeters.
- IR-B - the range of wave length ranging from 1.5 to 3 microns.Their degree of penetration of the skin - the average.
- IR-C - wave length of more than 3 microns.They do not extend beyond the uppermost layers of the skin (0.1 to 0.2 microns), they are completely absorbed.
Radiation heating element consists of short, long and medium waves.Just some of them greater in the spectrum, and others - less.The higher the heating temperature, the more short-wave appears in the spectrum.But not all manufacturers of infrared heaters talking about it.Here for example, the wavelength dependence of the temperature of the heating element present one of the honest manufacturer of infrared heaters.
|source temperature, 0C||Wavelength, um||Power, W / m2|
Take for example the human body, having a temperature of 36.6 degrees.The maximum radiated power comes from their wavelengths of 9.6 microns.Infrared heater ceramic element emits maximally at a wavelength of 3.6 microns, and a temperature of - 600 degrees.Sun has the highest radiation in the visible spectrum at wavelengths of 0.5 microns.
From this it becomes clear that our body could easily take heat waves with a length of more than 9.6 microns.Looking at the data sheet heater, issued by a trustworthy company, it can be found in a range of radiated waves.Typically, it is a 2 (or 3) to 10 microns.
main advantage of infrared heaters - instant transfer of energy - it is due to the impact of short and medium waves.The stronger the heated radiator, the greater the short-wave spectrum appears.As a result, the surface to be heated to become warm much faster than when using, for example, the heater of convector type, which should heat the air in the entire room.
The principle of convector heater.
If you had a fire or electric reflector, then you know that sitting next to them warmly, but it is necessary to move up to the device close enough.And the heat from them is going only in one direction.This is similar to the seat by the fire.Gape and can overheat, having received from the infrared heaters harm instead of good.Therefore, manufacturers of these devices are trying to soften the light.
emission coefficient, also called emissivity determines its intensity.If strongly heated completely black object, the radiation from it will be the toughest.The intensity of the beams from the element in the case of ceramics, slightly reduced.Soften radiation and reflectors are mounted in the device.
So: on the basis of the impact of infrared rays can be produced and excellent device that will not have on the human body and the negative impact of very mediocre.
that is harmful to the infrared heaters type
1. IR radiation for a long time working on our skin, it desiccate.Moisture evaporates from the skin, it quickly heats up (and only its upper layer), and the sweat does not have time to form.Therefore, on the side of the body, which faces the heater, and a burn may occur.This can happen if the device is installed in the room.
2. studies investigating the effect of infrared rays on people, being a long time.For therapeutic purposes, this radiation is used in physical therapy, time-limited.But production in which such radiation is present all the time, considered to be harmful.
skin that is not protected by clothing, with a strong exposure to infrared rays and may be subject to internal changes.The protein denaturation processes begin, the cell membrane loses its permeability, whereby the blood cells changes occur.They can be burned retina and the lens, and then there is a risk of cataracts.Mindful of the dangers to health of infrared heaters, it is necessary to adhere to certain rules when using them.
3. If the room to fix the infrared heater on the ceiling, and low enough, it will continue to heat the scalp.Therefore, if you really want to buy a ceiling heater, hang it higher.A direct it in such a way so as not to be continually under its rays.And in the room for sleeping or child and it is not necessary to apply such devices.
If no you can not do this, choose a low-power device, and send to the emitting side of the walls, floor or furniture.
Do the benefits of infrared rays
natural radiation such as infrared - wave with a length from 7 to 14 microns.The maximum intensity allowed wavelengths of 10 microns.With regard to the human body, it is able to emit waves from 3 to 50 microns.Maximum again falls on a wave length of 10 microns (more precisely, 9.6 microns).With these parameters, the person most sensitive to infrared radiation.
on the properties of an organism to respond to a certain length of infrared waves based medical procedure such as a "warming".It is used to restore and maintain the body in good shape.It should be borne in mind that for a long time can not be subjected to short infrared waves - is harmful.
If we talk about the long infrared wavelengths, we can note only their favor.They are not only very positive effect on the human body, but also can enhance immunity.But the harm from them there is absolutely no.Buying infrared heater it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the technical data, the right choice to carry out infrared heater will help article: How to choose the infrared heaters - the principle of operation, the device and the important selection criteria.
can be concluded that the effectiveness of infrared heaters really stands out.They can bring many benefits to the places where we go long.This, for example, balcony, garden furniture, hallway, utility room.And the heat of such a device is stored for a long time - he and simultaneously heats the floor, walls and furniture.
- reviews Infrared heaters
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question