better cover the roof of a house - how to choose a roofing material
better cover the roof of the house to make it practical, durable and had a beautiful aesthetic appearance, it is about choosing a roofing material and will be discussed in this article.In today's construction market a wide range of materials for roofing, some of them prefer?
- The choice of roofing material
- Ceramic tile
- flexible roofing or shingles
- Video: Select the roof to the roof
When choosing a roof should take into account a number of factors that combine to affect the final result: the reliability, durability, cost, matching your capabilities, external characteristics, which will be in harmony with the general view of the house.Just knowing all the pros and cons of each roofing material may competently carry out his choice.
The choice of roofing material
qualified professionals directly involved in the construction, highlights the main characteristic
- mass of material;
- cost of the work;
- price of purchased materials;
- strength and durability of the material.
To purchase corresponding to your house the material necessary to pay attention to his weight, as an example, metal roofing can be compared with its natural analogue - ceramic tiles.Last heavier than 10 times, it is necessary to consider in the design of the roof truss system.
sufficient number of buyers is subject to delusion, focusing on the external characteristics of the goods, as a result of other factors are not taken into account and the preferred material of lower quality with shorter service life.
to achieve a result that will have an attractive appearance characteristics and qualities necessary for the proper functioning of the roof, professionals recommend to pay attention to the following factors:
- facade and roof should be combined visually;
- should have access to the surface treatment;
- material price;
- mass of material used;
- appearance, satisfying taste of the owner;
- roof must comply with the requirements.
to cover pitched roofs using various materials, which will be discussed further.
At the peak of the popularity of a sufficiently long period is metal, the competition which can not yet make no material
This material is characterized by an impressive list of virtues:
- high service life;
- strength with respect to mechanical damage:
- resistance to moisture;
- resistant to external factors, retains color;
- protects against UV exposure;
- has a small mass.
metal weight allows it to recognize the best option for roofs with unusual configurations, attics, as well as large areas.When the roof is covered with this material in the frame and foundation of the house is the minimum pressure, thereby providing structural strength.
How much is the roof covered with this material?
use of this material cost is relatively inexpensive, but need to pay attention to certain issues that have a direct impact on the final amount.Metal accompanied by increased noise, especially on rainy days, to prevent this lack of required quality sound insulation of the roof.
Seasonal changes in temperature, accompanied by the formation of condensation on the inside of the material, it is necessary to use a double crate and waterproofing.
In addition, the installation must be carried out by professionals with the utmost caution in order to avoid dents.
These additional activities associated with metal tile affects the final price of your roof.
This material has enough "experience" which is over a hundred years.The use of modern technology has greatly improved the quality and appearance of clay tiles.
It is characterized by the following qualities:
- resistance to moisture;
- absolutely does not pass ultraviolet.
With all the positive qualities it has its disadvantages: a large mass and a significant price.
is a cost-effective options for roofing homes, which found recognition among a wide range of buyers.
The composition of material includes pressboard impregnated with bitumen.Its shape imitate slate.The material is presented in a variety of colors.
advantages of this material are to reliability, ease of installation simplified procedure does not require additional insulation.
indisputable advantages Ondulina:
- long service life (50 years);
- misses ultraviolet;
- resistant to mechanical and chemical damage;
- has waterproofing properties;
- provides fire safety;
- not corrode;
- is flexible.
Ondulin mounted on the deck of the rails.
most common material available to a wide range of customers due to its low cost.
roof slate has some good qualities: it is durable and resistant to fire.
Slate has the following qualities:
- durable (about forty years);
- resistant to moisture;
- confidently withstand mechanical damage;
- capable of withstanding heavy loads (snow).
Slate is characterized by certain disadvantages.Over time, under the influence of moisture the edges crumble, and in shaded areas of the roof appears lichen.
Given the reliability and durability of corrugated board, experts often use it roofing.It is characterized by a much greater width as compared with sheets of metal tile.
Regarding the material disseminated Titles: cold-profile steel, profiled sheet, steel sheet, metal profile.
This type of roofing material is made in the form of sheets, cold-pressure and has a trapezoidal wave shape, on which a layer of protective and decorative coatings.
- relatively low weight of the material, allowing its use in combination with various designs;
- environmental friendliness;
- installation requires no special skills, is carried out in a short time ;;
- large range of colors;
- installation is carried out at any temperature.
- high noise levels during rain;
- significant volumes of material for complex roofs;
- place cut and holes need to be painted;
- accompanied by additional thermal insulation;
- to prevent condensation caused by temperature changes is required waterproofing.
flexible roofing or shingles
Shingles - Seamless coating made of fiberglass impregnated with bitumen, is applied to the exterior of a thin basalt layer of various colors.
This material has all the positive qualities of metal:
- heat and sound insulation;
- provides a seal.
This material is intended for owners whose homes have an original and unusual design solutions.
Video: Select the roof to the roof
- Reviews metal tile different brands
- Reviews of soft tile
- reviews roofing Decking
- Reviews Asbestos-cement slate
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question