laminate or linoleum is better - a comparison of characteristics
modern market offers a great choice of flooring.They look great in lavish mansions and typical standard apartments.We won deservedly popular laminate and linoleum.The cost of a good linoleum, laminate practically identical.In appearance, preference is given to the laminate.But not always such a coating can please durability.The question arises: laminate or linoleum, which is better?Definitely can not answer.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of linoleum
- Advantages and disadvantages of laminate
- Comparison Performance linoleum and laminate
- What to choose laminate or linoleum depending onpremises
- Video: Advantages and disadvantages of linoleum and laminate
not always a priority when choosing coverage is just quality.Often, the owners pay special attention to the design of apartments, the original design.But still compare linoleum and laminate will try to determine in which case we may come in handy on
Advantages and Disadvantages of linoleum
We will not consider natural linoleum.Of course, it is ridiculous to compare it with an artificial laminate.It's really different weight categories.Therefore, the best comparison would be artificial and synthetic linoleum laminate.
There are three main types of PVC linoleum: household, commercial and semi-commercial.
most dense and durable is considered commercial linoleum.It is desirable to use in areas with a large attendance and maneuverability.Recommended for high-quality flooring in offices, health care, educational institutions, commercial premises.
Household linoleum is not as durable.But great for any premises.Do not be difficult to choose the colors, which is ideal for your flat.
should pay tribute to the semi-commercial linoleum.Undoubtedly, it will last longer than domestic, as it is more durable.This huge range of colors will not disappoint the most demanding customer.Semi-commercial linoleum, you can decorate the premises and cover the floors inside public buildings.
advantages of linoleum:
- Low cost.
- A wide choice of colors.You can easily pick up the flooring, which is ideal for any design solution.
- Easy installation: no need to be a professional to lay linoleum on their own.
- Linoleum has a comfortable temperature.It is rarely cold, thanks to the low thermal conductivity.
- synthetic linoleum never rot, is not afraid of moisture.
- may serve as an additional protection against extraneous sounds.Excellent shumoizolyator.
- good non-slip linoleum.
- When caring for linoleum looks great.The service life of 30-50 years.
Disadvantages of linoleum:
- You must agree that artificial linoleum is much inferior to the environmental, quality and beauty of the natural wood floor.
- Under the weight of the furniture on the linoleum remain ugly dents.
- Cheap linoleum at high temperatures deformed.When exposed to low temperatures may gradually be covered with cracks.
- questionable flaw linoleum looks cheap.
with the latter drawback is difficult to accept.Modern linoleum perfectly mimics the wooden floor, expensive tile, laminate.Sometimes it's hard to believe that a synthetic linoleum looks so believable imitation.
Linoleum simulating laminate.
Photo - srbu.ru
Advantages and disadvantages of laminate
Artificial laminate - layered finishing material.
- main inner layer made of MDF or particle board;
- decorative colored paper;
- upper polymer layer;
- may be additional layers that enhance the quality and durability of laminate.
laminate can be classified by grade durability.
laminate 21-23 class is used for living quarters.
for flooring in public areas using laminate 31-33 class.For offices, cafes, children's and educational institutions, gyms excellent abrasion resistant laminate.
cuisine created especially for moisture resistant laminate.It is often referred to as "laminate for the kitchen."It is ideal for use in wet areas.It seams laminated "planks" impregnated with a special moisture-resistant material.
Laminate flooring can mimic natural wood, ceramic tile, stone, metal, sand.Looks nice gloss, matt laminate.Most modern laminate flooring mimics the structure of wood, stone, their patterns.
advantages of laminate:
- much cheaper flooring or tiles;
- realistically simulates the wood floor, thanks to the variety of colors;
- quick installation of laminate - mounted simply "locking" method.
- usual cheap laminate flooring is not recommended to be laid in kitchens.When installing in wet areas it may last for about 5 years.
- In operation should be particularly careful.If you fall off the table knife or other sharp object, a high probability of damage to the laminate.
- not recommend frequent washing or use chemical cleaners.Great risk of spoiling the appearance of the laminate.Often wrong care indelible appear bright spots.
- seams do not have a perfect tightness.Over time, the joints of accumulated dirt, moisture.Coating condition is deteriorating and the floor begins to creak.
- Do not forget: the laminate can not be subjected to prolonged exposure to water!If you accidentally forgot to close the tap, which led to a small flood, the replacement of the laminate can not be avoided.
- So, all the advantages, disadvantages of both linoleum and laminate listed.Let's move on to compare specifications.
Laminate flooring laid in a room
Comparison Performance linoleum and laminate
If you have a flat laminate, you can safely walk around in high heels.Durable laminate is not afraid of sharp claws of your cat or dog.Even with frequent rearrangement of furniture or household appliances you do not have to be upset at the sight of ugly dents and marks.
quite a different attitude to the artificial linoleum.You can not forget about the constant caring for.From sharp and heavy objects are ugly dents.If by any chance happen to contact with the very hot object (eg a burning match, fallen pan with boiling water), there are traces of melting.
Here undoubtedly wins the linoleum.Even if on the surface will hold a lot of water, it just dries and evaporates, but no harm will not cover.The color and appearance of linoleum does not suffer.
large amount of water on the laminate surface coating gradually causes blisters.Repair of such defect not be necessary to change and floors.
You can not give preference to either laminate or linoleum.They're both perfectly mimic a variety of natural materials: wood, marble, stone, granite chips.The decision depends on the taste, design and interior of the apartment, personal preference.
Linoleum is easy to care.For cleaning and wet cleaning can be used conventional detergents.
more closely should be taken to the laminate.We can not allow the joints, the joints keep out dirt, moisture.Regularly you need to clean the joints.For processing using special detergents.
Linoleum is characterized by a relatively low thermal conductivity.It retains heat better laminate.What
cheaper linoleum or laminate
cost of linoleum and laminate almost identical.If you choose in terms of quality, the quality and a good linoleum laminate hardly vary in price range.Therefore only the consumer has the right to choose one or the other material for the floor covering.
for quality installation of laminate must be prepared perfectly flat surface.Such restrictions do not exist for linoleum, which greatly simplifies installation.The only difficulty is to perform quality work in the presence of the projections.But quietly laying linoleum may perform amateur.
If you want to align the surface of the laminate assembly are best left to professionals.
|Durability|| + |
|Which is cheaperlinoleum or laminate||=||=|
What to choose laminate or linoleum depending on the room
for dwellings can be selectedless toxic laminate.In addition, it is more fashionable and pleasant to the touch.Laminate flooring is ideal for living room, bedroom, home of the corridor.
For the kitchen, you can give priority to the linoleum.If the kitchen lay a laminate, it is likely that, after 4-7 years of its aesthetic appearance deteriorates and you have to change it.
For offices we recommend using commercial linoleum.After all, laminate flooring over time, start to creak.Of course, this may adversely affect the company's image.In addition, there is one drawback.Laminate has poor sound insulation.If the corridors of the office there's a lot of people, the noise is created.Such an environment is not conducive to good health of employees.
If there is a question of flooring for balconies and loggias, we recommend to ask the price to the linoleum.From the high humidity and cold laminate it comes into disrepair.Linoleum is good for such a floor covering.
So which is better, a nice linoleum or laminate - it's up to you.But not always trust the sellers.Sometimes they just tend to quickly and profitably sell goods.Determine for yourself the selection criteria cover: for a space to be important whether the color, texture and quality.This will help you avoid mistakes when choosing.
Video: Advantages and disadvantages of linoleum and laminate
- reviews laminate of different brands
- reviews linoleum different brands
not answer yourquestion?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question