Can I put linoleum on the linoleum - whenever possible, and when it is not desirable
Many people are afraid of rather than the process of repair, and a lot of preparatory work that preceded it.As a rule, these works lead the disorder and destruction, but without them can not do.However, of all the rules, there are exceptions, and one of them - the process of laying linoleum.Consider whether you can put linoleum on the linoleum to avoid accumulation of dirt and dust, and not to specific damage in the room.
- What if the old linoleum and too pretty shabby?
- What if linoleum was laid recently?
- How to lay linoleum in large rooms
- Video: Removing the old linoleum glued
What if the old linoleum and too pretty shabby?
If the floor covering has been laid during the Soviet era, and that "a relic of the era" has become so dilapidated that sometimes frayed and began to swell, without any hesitation remove it.Without a doubt, the old coating for years of operation gained a lo
1. dust.In past years, linoleum was produced on the basis of tissue, which is not very reliable and service for the period of gradual decay and collapse.Even if you have tried as much as possible take care of the coverage, and protect it from excessive loads over the years in the substrate accumulated mass of dust.Clay materials floors, pieces of cloth - all this certainly remains in the lower layer.It is unlikely that you will want a few more years to breathe a mixture, so it makes more sense to remove the old paint before installing a new one.
2. Dirt.Even without fabric base material accumulates dust, bacteria and more.Especially a lot of dirt in the joints between the webs.
3. irregularities on the floor.Defects linoleum can be very different: dents, holes, undulating areas.In this situation, the only solution - a complete replacement cover.According to the specifications, the permissible height differences coating must not be more than 1-2 mm 2 square meters.If there are areas on the floor with the waves or dents, linoleum, they will wear out much faster.This is due to the increased load on the surface.
4. There is another, equally important argument in favor of replacing the material.Agree, if you lay a new cover on the uneven floor, it will be deformed, and walk on it is not very convenient and safe.In addition, the floor will look like this is not very aesthetically pleasing, and eventually you're going to have to decide on the next repair.
What if linoleum was laid recently?
If the main floor was well-aligned, and the coating was laid recently, remove it optional.Of course, you do not want to mess with firmly glued material, besides, the room will be a lot of dust and dirt.When laying linoleum is made qualitatively, it will serve as an excellent insulating and leveling layer for the new coverage.Leaving the old linoleum, you essentially save labor costs and can reduce the time to complete the preparation procedures.
Before you put linoleum on the old linoleum, inspect the old coating.Check it for any defects: holes from furniture, scratches, cracks, bubbles, waves or dents.All defects found must be corrected because they hide under the next layer of the coating will not work, and the floor is not perfectly flat.
Well, there you have remained unused strip of linoleum.They are useful for eliminating holes on the old surface.Another option - when buying a new cover to ask the seller unwanted leftovers from the rolls of linoleum.To choose the right material, measure the thickness of the damaged coating and determine what his backing and its density.Cut pieces of linoleum desired size and shape and apply them to the areas with lacunae, to make a smooth coating.
To fix the fracture, at both ends, do the cross-sections so that left the letter "H".Then bend the edges of the cracks and cover the substrate material and the floor a special adhesive mastic.Firmly press the fabric to the floor, put a load on it and leave it for some time to glue well grasped.
Once the old coating repaired, we can safely proceed to the immediate installation of the new linoleum.
How to lay linoleum in large rooms
Can I put linoleum on the linoleum in premises larger?Experts say that to lay a new cover on the old in rooms with an area greater than 25 square meters.m, is quite difficult.Usually in areas with a total area linoleum laid by gluing.If the layers of linoleum glued to each other, their grip is not very reliable, and the new material can flake off with mastic adhesive.
Therefore, if you decide not to remove the old linoleum, lay a new better off without the use of glue.It is also possible to use a special double-sided tape for bonding a material which reduces sliding.
In this case, linoleum is fixed along the wall baseboards, and near the threshold - a special decorative strap.And, of course, talking about laying linoleum on the old coating, it should be noted that it is not necessary to move across the floor heavy furniture without taking them away from the surface.
Video: Removing the old linoleum glued
- reviews linoleum different brands
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question