Types roofs of private houses on the structure and geometric forms
roof of a modern house - it's not just covering for him, exists in order to protect from rain, snow and sunlight.Roof - is a kind of continuation of the house in terms of architecture, through which it is formed, and overall appearance.Moreover - on the roof of the type installed in the house and depends on its overall comfort.
Although the roof has to be not only beautiful but also reliable.In principle, there are numerous types of roofs of private homes, but the most common are just a few of which will be discussed in this article.
- Roofs, depending on the design features
- Attic and Built-up pitched roofs
- Species pitched roofs of geometric forms
Roofs, depending on the design features
So, if we talk in general, all the roofs of its features in a constructive plan are divided into pitched and flat.And they both have a number of advantages and disadvantages.
1. For example, now a flat roof ty
design of the flat roof. Photo - jwroof.com
2. much more practical in this regard pitched roof, which has a number of advantages with respect to the roof of the flat type.Sufficient slope angle ensures that the roof is self-cleaned by water and snow, and overall is a more robust design than the flat roof.Under this roof, you can easily make a loft or attic.Despite a number of strengths, from a pitched roof, there are some disadvantages that are associated with the high cost of construction and the complexity of its repair during the operation.
pitched roof structure.
Attic Built-up and pitched roofs
fair to say that the future owner of the house tried to choose any one of several options proposed rooftops.Ieany construction type or built-up attic (mansard).
1. attic roof type is characterized by its simplicity of construction, so a roof can easily build even yourself.Very often, the type and material of the roof depends on the inclination angle of the roof loft.This should be considered as a burden, which should keep this roof, and the cost of building materials in its construction.Moreover, this type provides the possibility of repair, without replacement of the entire roof.If the choice is made in favor of the attic roof, you need to immediately determine the order, will be used in the future attic or not.IeIt is from this decision and will depend on the choice of the upper floors of the attic, which can be both wooden and w / concrete.
Attic roof - split with the whole room.
Photo - energysavers.gov
2. to another type of roof is a mansard.She - built-up.Its main difference from other types of attic roofs in private homes is that the outer walls in this case will act as roof structures.This roof is quite original, so the appearance of the house is very unusual.And all would do, but the working area of the attic in this case is reduced, and the process of construction of a mansard roof and very hard to cope with it without relevant experience is not easy.
mansard roof from the inside.
Typically, built-up roof has some break, so in order to strengthen it, we have to put inside wooden props.However, with proper imagination and from this we can benefit if such backup plywood sheathing and turn it all into useful cupboards and niches for temporarily useless things.
Species pitched roofs of geometric forms
In addition, the design features roof can define different forms and roofs of private homes.
Currently, the simplest and cheapest considered pent roof.It is a flat view of the roof, which rests on a wall with different heights.As a result, the slope of the roof going into one, any way.Usually it is most often used in the construction of sheds, garages and other outbuildings.But sometimes it can be seen on the cottages.For all its merits, the main drawback of such a roof is that the attic in the house with a roof you can not build.Yes, and its appearance is poor.
house covered with pent roof.
2 Pitched roof is common in villages and small towns.This type of roof survives today for a long time.As you might guess, this is the roof of 2 ramps, connected to each other by means of "skate."Interestingly, such as the ramps are symmetrical to one another and differ in length or angle.Under a roof can easily be equipped with a loft or attic.This type of roof can safely be considered the most practical and the most common.Parts of the walls of the building, which limit the attic on both sides, called pediments.
One of the most common types of roofs - sloped roof. Photo - barntoolbox.com
If instead gables set 2 slope triangular shape, this is called a gambrel roof and ramps themselves are called hips.The upper part of the rays has skylights.If you compare this type of roof with the above, then it is much more difficult to construct.Therefore, the construction of such a roof is necessary to trust only the professionals.But the stability of the roof to the precipitation and strong winds - just phenomenal.
Example home with gambrel roof. Photo - barntoolbox.com
poluvalmovaya type of roof is considered as an intermediary between the 2-pitched and hipped roofs.End gables in this case made in the form of a trapezoid, and its top is covered poluvalmami.As a rule, these roofs can be placed on the front of it is a full screen, and do poluvalmy are some interesting decorative elements.
There is also another kind of poluvalmovaya roof when the lower part of the pediment overlaps a ramp.This allows for a regular triangular shape of the remainder of the pediment, which are usually organized by the skylight.If you judge a roof over her appearance, it is quite a lot of interest for designers.
left the first species, the second species of the right hip roof.
have hipped roof there is another kind, called hip roof.Structurally, it has 3 or more ramps that converge in one point of the top.This type of roof does not have a skate to the same symmetry rays relative to each other, it is simply amazing.If the house has the shape of a regular polygon, or square, then it is commonly used type of roof tent.In terms of resistance to wind, this type of roof is pretty good proved popular.Besides, from the viewpoint of design ideas, alternatives such roofs small.
example hipped roof. Photo - homesplas.com
If the building is in the form of a complex polygon, it is usually served mnogoschiptsovoy roof.These roofs are very complex structurally because of its complicated system of rafters.However, with the successful design of such a roof, you can create a very unique design.
example mnogoschiptsovoy roof.
The types of mansard roofs of private houses often carry and broken roof type.This is sometimes called the roof mansard roof.They have a fairly large angle of the bend that makes better use of the useful area of the attic in the building.
Option polygonal roof.
dome and conical roof
Dome and conical roof very rare, as for private homes.As a rule, these structures are structures of round shape, but they are not all covered areas of the house, but only some of its elements, which include, for example, include a veranda round shape or decorative turrets.
left and right conical dome roof.
But the most complex design are combined types of roofs.In more simple terms, these roofs are combination mnogoschiptsovoy, hip, poluvalmovaya design.Despite this, if the cottage has a combined roof, it is quite unusual appearance attracts attention because a large number of hearing the windows, covered a small balcony and veranda open and closed.And all would do, but such a roof is not easy to build and maintain in the future.
example of combined roof.
Whatever it was, but the roof, regardless of its shape or type are constantly being improved and supplemented with new elements.
- Reviews metal tile different brands
- Reviews of soft tile
- reviews roofing Decking
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question