Types of radiators, their merits and demerits
summer need to prepare not only the sled as the old saying goes.It is necessary to take care about other attributes, save us from the winter cold.This period is best suited for the change radiators.But before you change them you need to decide on their appearance and style.To facilitate your choice, we have classified the main types of radiators and indicated their main characteristics, advantages and disadvantages.
- Steel radiators
- aluminum radiators
- Cast iron radiators
- Bimetallic radiators
- Sex convectors
- baseboard convectors heating
panel steel radiators
These radiators are also called convectors, they have high efficiency - up to 75%.Inside the radiator is one or more steel heating panels and convector fins.
device steel panel radiators.
panel radiators - the budget solution for your own home, and because of this are the most common systems of autonomous heating.Depending on the num
Manufacturers : This is mainly European countries - Germany (Buderus and Kermi), Czech Republic (Korado), Italy (DeLonghi), Finland (PURMO).Prices have not high, so the Russian manufacturers is not very strongly represented in this market.
- inertia - low heat loss - perfect.
- coolant volume is small, energy consumption - low.
- These radiators are environmentally friendly and harmless, so can be used in hospitals, schools and kindergartens.
- extremely low price.
- If the heating system to drain the water, the oxygen in contact with the walls of the radiator begins to form corrosion.
- water hammer dangerous for steel radiators.Therefore, in high-rise buildings can not use them.
- Because convection drafts and possible lifting of fine dust.
Tubular steel radiators
heatsink is a structure of steel tubes, which pass hot water.Production of such devices more expensive than panel, so their price is higher.
design options, there are many - is a real feast for the imagination of the designer.
From European producers may be called Germany (Kermi, Charleston, Zehnder Charleston, Arbonia) and Italy (Israp Tesi).Domestic appliances produced by the plant KZTO (Kimry), distinguishes the working pressure up to 15 bar.A model "RS" and "Harmony" is also protected against corrosion polymeric coating.
Pros and cons: These radiators, like the panel, it is inherent in the steel product advantages and disadvantages.However, the pressure they have better performance (is a plus), and their price is significantly higher (it is negative).
- Pressure (working) - an average of 6-10 bar (for panel radiators) and 8-15 bar (for tubular radiators).
- thermal power (total) - 1200-1600 watts.
- temperature hot water (maximum) - 110-120 degrees.
- water pH - 8,3-9,5.
As the name suggests this radiator made entirely of aluminum.Here, there are two types of radiators - molding and extrusion.Both are best used for autonomous heating - to a centralized system, they are not suitable because of the pressure and corrosion, which is caused by poor-quality heat transfer medium in the central heating systems.
radiators made by injection molding, characterized by wide channels for hot water and strong thick walls.
radiator is made up of several sections, which, if necessary, you can either add or remove unnecessary.
In this method of production (cheaper) vertical portion of the battery extruded aluminum alloy extruder.Collector cast silumin.Solid product can not be changed - it is impossible to add any section or remove them.This is the main disadvantage of this type of radiator.
Manufacturers: This is mainly companies from Italy.In particular, it can be called FARAL Green HP, ALUWORK, Sira Group (battery ROVALL), Fondital.
- These radiators are very light, so easy to install, does not require the use of strong arms.
- on heat transfer they occupy one of the highest among all the heaters.
- They are able to quickly heat the room.
- They are economical and can be equipped with a temperature controller.
- Product design is modern and attractive.
- service life is not very large - about 15 years.
- Aluminium is active chemically, so suffers from corrosion and requires high-quality coolant.
- When the air displacement produced hydrogen.
- weak convection.
- possible leakage between sections.
- water hammer and pressure surges of aluminum radiators are not able to resist.
- Pressure (working) - an average of 6-16 bar.
- Thermal power (section 1) - 82-212 watts.
- temperature hot water (max) - 110 degrees.
- pH of water - 7-8.
Cast iron radiators
Conventionally, they can be divided into the usual radiators, or in a modern style radiator in a retro style.
Cast iron radiators in a modern style
oldest kind of radiators.These radiators are distinguished by the simplicity and austerity of forms, a flat facade, neat design.Bask they long, but all the hardships central heating kept with honor.They are durable, cheap, are age 50. Therefore, deciding what to choose types of radiators, many just stop at iron.
Manufacturers: Produce low-iron radiators, Ukrainian, Russian, Belarusian plants.But foreign products and the quality will be better, and prettier to look at.Note firms Konner, Viadrus, DemirDöküm, Roca.
Each of these radiators is a small masterpiece.After iron art casting looks very elegant, a decorating any room.Unfortunately, each such battery is very expensive.
Manufacturers: a company from England, Germany, France, Turkey, China.For example, Konner and Roca's release is very beautiful model.
- They are able to work at least 50 years.
- iron chemically passive corrosion so it is "too tough".
- -beam radiation is well heated room with high ceilings.
- If you turn off the heating batteries will remain hot for a long time.
- Low price (except for models made art casting).
- Long warming.
- big weight and dimensions of the difficulties in delivering transportation and installation.
- Radiators need to fasten securely.
- large volume of coolant.
- Iron - brittle metal.Water hammer is able to break the iron battery.
- Pressure (working) - 9-12 bar.
- Thermal power (section 1) - 100-160 watts.
- temperature hot water (max) - 110 degrees.
These radiators combine tubular steel core and a shell of aluminum.They are mostly made of sections of even numbers.
But there are solid (monolithic) model (on sale are rare), plus that - the ability to withstand up to 100 atmospheres of pressure.In the case of monolithic models creates a solid steel frame, on which "dress" the aluminum shell.
device bimetallic radiator.
fully bimetal radiators are steel tubular core throughout the canals of the radiator.They are reliable and durable, but are expensive.Good company makes radiators Rifar (Russia), Royal Thermo BiLiner and Global Style (Italy).
Psevdobimetallicheskimi name radiators, which have only reinforced steel vertical channels.They are less expensive than the previous, 20 percent, better transfer the heat, but is more susceptible to corrosion since the coolant contact with aluminum.These products make the company Rifar (Russia), Sira (Italy) and Gordi (China).
- inertia is practically no heat loss - great.
- bimetal can withstand high pressure and water hammer.
- small volume of hot water.
- Installation is simple, design - modern.
- resistance to corrosion.
- price "bite".
- Heat dissipation is lower than that of aluminum radiators.
- Pressure (working) - an average of 20-50 bar.
- Thermal power (section 1) - 150-180 watts.
- temperature hot water (max) - 130 degrees.
- coolant specifications - does not matter.
new solution among heaters - hidden in the floor convectors, consisting of a heat exchanger duct and grille.Coolant pipes have copper, and the edges - aluminum.There are models with steel and tubular core ("Breeze" from KZTO).Especially good inside-radiators in the panoramic windows.They are used in airports, car dealerships, sports facilities (eg swimming pools).
- strength and simplicity of design, low weight.
- Corrosion they are beyond.
- They take up little space.
- them virtually invisible.
- Easy to install and clean.
- uniform heating of the room.
- Protect from misting.
- longer overall length.
- Inability to use mechanical ventilation.
- small heat loss.
Manufacturers: OPLFLEX (Czech Republic), Mohlenhoff (Germany), JAGA (Belgium), IMP KLIMA (Slovenia), KZTO (Russia).
- Pressure (working) - 10-16 bar.
- Thermal power - 130-10000 watts.
- temperature hot water (maximum) - 110-130 degrees.
baseboard convectors heating
These convectors called skirting still warm, very The low.A total of 20 or 25 cm. And the depth of them, and even less - 10 cm. We are not yet really taken root and are very popular in America.They are fixed to the wall.
- Fuel economy for heating - up to 40 percent.
- presence of thermostats, overheat protection.
- quick installation, ease of repair.
- uniform heat distribution.
- installation only by specialists.
- Due to fit the convector to the walls of their finishing warp.
- high price.
- Thermal power - 500-1500 watts.
- Coolant temperature - up to 130 degrees.
- maximum working pressure of 16 atm.
Now, having learned about the types and benefits of different types of radiators, you can pick your radiators more confidently and correctly.
- reviews heating radiators of various kinds and brands
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question