Ecowool - advantages and disadvantages of insulation
Today the building houses a modern material widely used insulation - ecowool.Disadvantages ecowool for many years considered the leading experts in this profile.Not all have a positive attitude to the quality of ecowool as insulation material.For this reason, before using this insulating material must be carefully considered its main characteristics and properties.
- Composition insulation ecowool and its basic properties
- Disadvantages ecowool
- Video: Test ecowool combustion and sound
- main positive characteristics ecowool
- Video: Specifications ecowool and ways of applying
composition ecowool insulation and its basic properties
main components in the production of ecowool are:
# 1. waste materials paper and cardboard industry, which includes:
- - rests in the manufacture of corrugated packaging;
- - defective products appearing in printed publications;
- - most waste and defective parts for the production
# 2. Mackle newspaper or paper type, which is characterized by a lower quality of raw materials, due to increased susceptibility to contamination.As well as the presence of heterogeneity and different sorts of material.
overall composition ecowool:
- within 80% composed of cellulose secondary processing;
- 12% of boric acid, which has the special property of antiseptics that protect against fungal microorganisms and prevents the growth of bacteria;
- sodium tetraborate is from 8% of the total weight of the material and is stronger flame retardant having insecticidal properties.The main objective of which is to reduce flammability and combustibility.
Recently ecowool widely used in the construction of various designs - for thermal insulation of residential buildings, warehouses, commercial and non-residential public buildings.The most optimal use of the heat-insulating material in the premises with high humidity, which often may be condensation.
components used in the production ecowool.
Unfortunately, today the market is not possible to meet the building material with the absence of any negative qualities.Many of them have features that look like a disadvantage when considered from the perspective of immediate use for certain purposes.Cons ecowool are as follows:
- 1. has good thermal insulation properties, but after a while they are considerably reduced and the thermal conductivity is increased, what is directly affected by certain factors:
- during operation ecowool significantly reduced in volume - within20% of the total weight.In order to avoid settling of the material, many experts advise laying the insulation with a slight excess of 20 - 25%, which will fully cover the reduced volume ecowool in the future.
- ecowool absorb quite a lot of moisture - in the range of 9 to 15%, where during the year recruited one percent moisture.Each increase by one percent moisture level of conductivity increases from one to two and a half percent.Therefore, a layer of insulation must be ventilated and have the opportunity to give this moisture into the atmosphere.
- 2. ecowool For installation, you must have special equipment - modern professional inflatable pneumatic devices that installs ecowool with high quality.This equipment makes it adhere to certain standards of density and produces a uniform amount of injection, in order to prevent further shrinkage of the insulation.
- 3. In order to avoid reducing insulation premises to install, require assistance of highly qualified experts who have good experience with ecowool.It is worth noting that it is quite choosy ecowool to the professional skills of the person who is engaged in installing it.
- 4. important to know that the implementation of the dry type of installation, ecowool forms dust, and using a wet method of application - long dry.Depending on the presence of atmospheric conditions at the place of construction and thickness of coating material to dry ecowool be in the range of 48 to 72 hours, and in some cases even longer.This is a big disadvantage to install mounting, as is often the time to conduct repairs allocated much less.
But it moist styling gives better results due to uniform seal ecowool that provides high levels of acoustic and thermal insulation of buildings.
- 5. ecowool Compared with polystyrene plates, its stiffness is much lower, which makes it possible to use this material for frameless self-insulation during installation of floor screeds.
- 6. In the event that carried out work on warming the vertical type structures with a density lower than normal, which is 65 kilograms per square meter, it may be a risk to the presence of non-insulated shrinkage cavities.
- 7. experts strongly recommend the use of ecowool in close proximity to sources of open flame, flue and chimney.Exposure to high temperature insulation material can result in gradual decay.For added protection ecowool should accommodate the special protections of asbestos fire-resistant basalt slabs and mats to the presence of the surface of the foil, which reflects heat.It has long been provenglass wool and mineral wool also must be protected from direct sources of flammable structures with special non-flammable and non-combustible materials.
Video: Test ecowool combustion and sound
main positive characteristics ecowool
+ 1. high level of sound insulation - a layer thickness of fifteen millimeters absorbs up to 9 dB.sound.That is why, this material is in great demand as a maximum soundproofing airports, stadiums and music studios.
+ 2. for insulation premises requires a small amount ecowool - with the expectation of 28 to 65 kilograms per cubic meter.
+ 3. Not incorporates poisonous and toxic substances.But before using the heat-insulating material, it is necessary to ask the manufacturer of a flame retardant has been used in its production.Most high quality considered borax or borax, ammonium sulfate and the presence of boric acid can cause strong odor.As a rule, a heater with such a composition rather quickly loses its fire properties.
+ 4. Ecowool quite easily blown into the most inaccessible places.
+ 5. is quite convenient, seamless material, which saves a lot of time in the winter for heating.
+ 6. Affordable products with high quality.
+ 7. does not contain in its composition hazardous to human substances causing allergic diseases or diseases of the skin.
Video: Specifications ecowool and ways of applying
- User Reviews for the use of insulation ecowool
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question