Aerated concrete blocks deficiencies and declared characteristics
Aerated concrete blocks, weaknesses and characteristics that we look at in this article is getting more and more popular.Many developers are choosing it as a wall material for a future home.
- claimed properties and characteristics of concrete blocks
- On the shortcomings of concrete blocks
- Videos: Fasteners for silicate blocks
- Video: How to choose a gas-silicate and aerated concrete blocks
aerated concrete blocks, as well as all building materials have their advantages and disadvantages.To subsequently arose regrets are requested to read them.It will be built of aerated concrete load-bearing structures of the structure, the strength of which will be the basis of their own homes.
claimed properties and characteristics of concrete blocks
Aerated concrete is autoclaved cellular units.The raw material for their manufacture is quartz sand, lime, cement, water, aluminum powder.All components are mixed and
yulokov Classification of aerated concrete, by brand, depending on the density:
- - D300-D500 - aerated heat insulation;
- - D500-D900 - konstruktsionno- aerated heat insulation;
- - D1000-D1200 - structural aerated.
Despite its lightness, the material has the highest possible strength.Aerated concrete - the ideal compromise between strength, lightness and optimum thermal insulation.Depending on the type of aerated concrete (300-600), its compressive strength ranging from 1.5 to 3.5 kgf / cm2.
Easy handling concrete blocks
Light Processing aerated concrete is a huge advantage.His effortlessly cut sawing and simple hand tools, thereby producing blocks of standard and custom sizes and shapes.The dry thermal conductivity aerated - 0.12 W / m ° C.
Thermal insulation properties of aerated concrete Aerated concrete blocks
brand D600 and D500 - are structural and insulation material with low thermal conductivity.This allows the walls to provide reliable thermal protection in the winter.In summer, the building of concrete blocks does not overheat.In it preserved the optimum temperature for living.
sound insulation properties of aerated concrete
ability of concrete blocks to extinguish the sound depends on the brand, the density of aerated concrete solution, the thickness of the walls and, to some extent, the technology of masonry.
Fire resistance aerated
Aerated concrete blocks are non-combustible material of the highest fire resistance class.Houses and protecting load-bearing structures which are made of aerated concrete, belong to the highest (I and II) powers of fire.
measurement of radioactivity of building materials is performed using a qualifying factor, which has no units and is determined by laboratory methods.The radioactivity of concrete blocks is significantly below all acceptable norms.In the operation of aerated concrete does not form toxic components.For environmental characteristics, it is not inferior to natural materials.
ease of aerated concrete
Weight standard unit size of aerated concrete 625h100h250 mm.It is 8 kg.at an average density of 500 kg / cubic meter.This can significantly reduce the flow of the solution and reduce construction time.
Stability aerated biological effects of
Aerated concrete blocks - an unfavorable environment for the development of mold, fungi and bacteria that do not appear in it, even at a temperature of 30 "C and a relative humidity of 98%. According to these indicators aerated superior wood and does not require treatment with antiseptics.
On the shortcomings of concrete blocks
- 1. Due to the low compressive strength and low resistance to bending aerated concrete is a brittle material. The strength of aerated concrete walls depends on the proper installation of foundations. It is to build a foundation that givesminimal shrinkage. Otherwise aerocrete will burst a couple of years after construction. Recommended belt solid foundation and reinforcement of masonry blocks, grid every 2-3 series.
- 2. High water absorption of aerated concrete is an obstacle to the implementation of high-quality finishing works.There are cases when a layer of plaster deposited on the aerated concrete wall, is not held on its surface.To reduce the water absorption of aerated concrete walls, they are treated with deep-penetrating primer.
- 3. Gazoblok a weak basis for the fixture.Fixed in aerated concrete walls of massive objects is problematic.It does not always come to the aid of plastic dowels and butterfly, in contrast to the self-tapping screws, which are well curled and well kept walls.But there is a risk of their oxidation, after which they may rust and become unusable.Although there are some fasteners that hold quite well.
Videos: Fasteners for silicate blocks
- 4. claimed frost aerated concrete - a publicity stunt.The optimal density of construction-use thermal insulation materials is considered to mark the density D500.Her performance frost does not exceed 25 cycles.Although the facade decoration requires 50 cycles.Sellers aerated clearly overstate hardiness parameters that are inherent in products with a higher density.
- 5. have aerated sufficiently high levels of free lime, which helps to activate the process of corrosion of metallic inclusions: fittings, pipe, frame bridges.
- 6. Low cost concrete blocks, to the manufacturer, taking into account the guaranteed durability of the material is somewhat exaggerated.
- 7. aerated concrete durability is questionable due to the fact that the massive development of silicate blocks began relatively recently, and forecasts of their fundamental nothing confirmed.
lists the main disadvantages of concrete blocks.Besides them there are a number of disadvantages that are associated rather with violations of technology of masonry concrete blocks and with a desire to realize the developers, a Dora material.Detailed consideration of such defects often prove their groundlessness.
to build a house with his own hands, you can use a completely different materials: brick, wood, concrete, etc.They all have their pros, cons, and can be successfully used in different circumstances.
Video: How to choose a gas silicate blocks
- Reviews of aerated concrete as a building material
- Reviews of houses of concrete blocks
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question