like foam insulation - its advantage and scope
Of all their arsenal of heat-insulating materials, builders often choose foam.As the insulation foam used for quite a long time for the thermal insulation of both large construction projects and for individual construction.
Many believe that this is one of the best materials for the insulation of homes and other buildings.Almost every material has its pros and cons, having considered them, we will know whether the foam is the best option for insulation of buildings.
- Features foam as heater
- Wall insulation foam
- floor insulation foam
- Insulation roof
- insulation foundation
- insulation systems engineering
- Video: Lesson wall insulation foam
characteristics as the foam insulation
foam is foamed mass.Styrofoam plates are distinguished by their low weight, since it is mainly inside filled with air.The raw materials of which the foam has an even greater density than the starting material.The bulk of the foam is made
Advantages of foam insulation as a
1. For hygienic conclusions manufacturer and in accordance with the state standard foam is environmentally friendly material.It is harmless to humans, as it does not emit toxic substances into the air.
2. addition, this material has virtually no expiration date, since it is not subjected to the attack of microorganisms and does not decompose.He has a low thermal conductivity and has high vapor barrier properties.
3. fireproof and fire-resistant foam.When the temperature in the premises, it does not change their physical and chemical properties.High quality foam contains flame retardant, self-extinguishing, so that he does not support combustion.
4. weight of this material is very low, and this is an additional advantage because they do not weigh down the structure and does not affect the shrinkage of the foundation.
5. should be noted that it is an inexpensive material that can be easily mounted to the structure, and is very durable.
With all the positive properties of the foam, it has some drawbacks.
1. foam has a low mechanical strength, and therefore, it is necessary to create additional protection.
2. In addition, he is able to break when struck by nitrokrasok or paint materials with such a composition.
3. The disadvantages of foam is that it can not pass air.
4. It can be exposed to the attack of rodents, so you need to cover it with a solid layer of plaster.
Wall insulation foam
foam is a good insulation for the walls.Produce wall insulation foam, both inside and outside.But most of the warming is produced outside.When insulation from the outside can not move most of freezing point to the outside of the wall, thus not allowing the cold to penetrate into the room.
for internal wall insulation, which faces the street is not correct.The fact that the wall, which opens out to be warm, thanks to the internal heating.When laying the foam on the inside surface of the wall, the wall insulation to happen on both sides, that is, the wall will not only be insulated on the outside, but it will happen, and insulation from the interior of the premises, which will prevent her to heating by means of heating.
The result will shift "dew point" into the wall, or this will be a point between a wall and a layer of foam.In these places will collect moisture and impregnated wall, in addition, this moisture can freeze in cold weather, that is, it would lead to a violation of all heat, and gradually will be the destruction of the walls.
Therefore, the best option would be wall insulation from the outside, but be sure to be on top of the foam layer to finish a solid plaster.The foam does not have high mechanical strength, thus strengthening the walls necessarily needed for the longevity of the structure.
outside Wall insulation foam.Photo lpinists.com.ua
floor insulation foam insulation
floor, is also performed by the foam plates.The use of foam for insulation of floors, is a very effective method to keep warm floors and reduce noise when walking on the floor, or when moving furniture.In this case, used for thermal insulation of the floor slab of foam having a thickness of 50 mm.They are placed on a layer of material with insulating properties.Further processed seams sealed, and only then, all filled screed.
floor insulation foam. Photo - epsfoamprodotcom.sharepoint.com
When insulation of roofs in homes and buildings for different purposes, there are two ways: unventilated (warm roof) and ventilated (cold) roof.In the first case, to create a non-ventilated (warm) roof, the entire roof is covered foam slabs 70 mm thick, and the top layer of poured asphalt.In the second method, the foam plates are mounted on the rear side of the roof, and the surface remains vented to prevent the formation of water vapor.It is important to perform thermal insulation of roofs in the attic.
Insulation Thermal insulation foam foundation require enhanced protection, as there is not only the pressure of the soil, but also increases the load on the foam during the winter frost heave, which occurs during freezing.It is necessary to strengthen the firm, this produces masonry or concrete fills.
Thermal insulation foam foundation. Photo - plaforamaconstruye.com
insulation systems engineering
foam became very frequently used for thermal insulation systems engineering.For example, for thermal insulation of water and sewer pipes during the winter freezing, the use of foam is simply indispensable, as much as possible to help avoid disaster breakage of pipes in the winter.Also, use foam for insulation of water pipes cold water.Thermal insulation foam and ventilation channels, telephone lines and recessed channels.
Video: Lesson wall insulation foam
- Reviews of foam and its use as insulation
- Reviews of extruded polystyrene foam and its application
does not answerYour question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question