How to choose the radiators, depending on the heating system and the basic parameters
seems, are the days of old clunky Soviet-style cast iron radiators.Today, people want to put in their place something more elegant and compact but with a good heat dissipation.About how to choose the radiators, fully meet these requirements, we will cover in this article.
- And from what, in fact, consists choice
- What are the main criteria should be chosen radiators
- Choosing a specific model radiator
And fromwhich actually consists choice
For starters provide a list of the main types of heaters, offers modern shopping.Some of them can be placed only in the autonomous heating system with clean water and low pressure.And others can easily withstand a fierce battle with the hammer and reactive with water in central heating systems.Let's see what and how.
iron - without him today does
begin with cast iron radiators, mentioned earlier in this article.Do not think of them bad - moder
long keeping warm and not suffering from corrosion, cast iron products are able to work for several decades.Outs of these devices can be considered their weighty and associated complexity of installation, and the inertia of a large amount of coolant.In addition, the fragility of the iron does not always allow it to withstand hammering.
Cast iron radiators domestic and import manufacturers.
light and beautiful aluminum radiators
for your own home is a great solution - and are not very expensive, and have a diverse design and stylish.If the water in the heating system is clean and acidity in her norm, the aluminum radiators will last 15-20 years.For low pressure in the CO will not have their strength, and neutral water will not cause a violent chemical reaction of hydrogen.Plus these batteries - low inertia.
Note that there are two types of aluminum radiators:
- Extrusion radiators - have sections, glued together from three parts, and molded.The central part extruded in an extruder, and the upper and lower manifolds are molded under pressure.
- Injection radiators - more reliable and durable, each section they cast under pressure.
Successful exploitation of aluminum instruments is very important to follow the indicator of pH, which should not exceed 7-8.Otherwise, the chemical reaction of aluminum will produce hydrogen.This radiator is detrimental and dangerous against fire.To bleed the air bleed screw must be placed (however, it is necessary for other types of radiators).
Bimetallic radiators, which a lot of pressure on the shoulder
But this is a good option for an apartment in a building where the system pressure is high.Not only that - there are his jumps, called water hammer.Bimetallic radiators, which are hidden under the shell of aluminum, steel (or copper) durable tubes easily withstand pressure differentials.Furthermore, they, unlike aluminum counterparts, are not "pogryzet" corrosion.Indeed, steel and copper is not so chemically active, such as aluminum.
Bimetallic radiators, too, there are two varieties:
- Truly bimetallic radiators - have a core in which no aluminum parts.It is made entirely of steel (or copper) and does not corrode, unlike aluminum collector battery.A grooved housing pressure "put on" a steel core provides a good heat transfer.
- Pseudo bimetallic (otherwise, semi bimetal) radiators have a core, which only steel reinforced vertical channels.Other details - aluminum.This increases the heat output, but reduces strength.Such devices have a lower price than the true bimetallic heating devices.
addition, bimetallic heaters may comprise any of several sections, or be integrated monolithic product:
- Sectional radiators are convenient in that they can, if necessary, to sort out.For example, when one fails section or the need to increase or decrease the number of these sections, this all can be done easily.
- Plus monolithic radiators is that they have a huge supply pressure (about 100 atmospheres).Therefore such devices - the best solution for "high-rises" with central heating, where the pressure in the system is very solid, and sometimes from water hammer not be saved.
Steel radiators - cheap and tidy
radiators made of steel, have a modern design, low weight and good heat output.There are heaters from steel of two types - panel and tube.
1. panel radiators are made of welded pressed sheet metal pairs with oval recesses - channels for the coolant.This panel is, the number of which can be from one to three.To improve the thermal efficiency of the reverse side panels are welded edges - convectors.Models with fins provide more heat, but raises much dust due to convection.Smooth panel easier to clean, due to the lack of dust, they are ideal for children and medical institutions.
device steel panel radiator.
2. tubular radiators - a structure in which the upper and lower tube collectors are connected to a number of vertical steel pipes.These radiators have a slightly greater margin pressure than the previous type.Costs are higher, and design - an interesting and original than that of panel models.
Sex heaters - heated warm air
tube made of copper or steel, equipped with fins for better heat transfer - is the heart of the convector.The shell of the heating element facilitates movement of heated air from the lower zone to the upper.The convector is not afraid of high pressure and corrosion, has a small hydraulic resistance.It is not hot (its body is heated to no more than 43 degrees).It is convenient to adjust, as the device has a low inertia.
But convection devices, unfortunately, often do not heat the room evenly (at a floor hotter than the ceiling), and stir up dust.Good such devices where there are huge windows from floor to ceiling.Radiator creates thermal plume and the room does not get cold.Outs data radiators are uneconomical and not very high heat.
Installation of floor convector.
What are the main criteria should be chosen radiators
type of heating system
Perhaps, from this and must proceed in the first place.In our country, there are two types of heating systems: centralized and autonomous.Moreover, they require the use of two different radiators.
1. Domestic central heating characterized by high working pressure, as well as its horse racing.The fact that we, in contrast to Europe, the one-pipe system in which the radiators are connected in series.In addition, no one worried about the smooth inclusion of the centrifugal pump.A sharp its inclusion is fraught with water hammer.And the water in such a system does not possess any purity or neutrality.It is tough, its acidity is high, while in summer it is drained, causing corrosion in many radiators.Therefore, such a system needs radiators that will stand the working pressure of 6, and possibly at 9 atmospheres (more say in DEZe).Do not forget about the acidity of the water, choosing radiators, capable of operating at high pH.
best choice for district heating will be:
- Cast iron radiators, wherein a lack of durability and tendency to corrosion.Operating pressure - 6-16 bar.
- Bimetallic radiators are also not subject to corrosion and can withstand pressures up to 35 bar (sectional models) or up to 100 bar (solid models).
2. Central heating is fundamentally different from the central.The water here is round (two-pipe system), its pressure does not exceed 3-5 bar and also complies with the acidity.No in that water and impurities.Therefore, for auxiliary heating suit almost all types of radiators.
For autonomous heating system, experts recommend:
- aluminum radiators with the highest heat output.
- Steel radiators have a low price, has a beautiful exterior design and original design.
- In some cases, you can use the good old cast iron radiators.
use in autonomous heating bimetallic radiators is not entirely justified in view of their high cost and less heat compared to aluminum radiators.
Heat transfer of different types of radiators
give specific figures on the thermal conductivity (indicated by the value for one section) of course, is the average.More precisely, you can learn the characteristics of the passport of a particular sink.
Heat transfer one section:
- Cast iron radiators - from 100 to 160 watts.
- Aluminium radiators - from 82 to 212 watts.
- Bimetallic radiators - from 150 to 180 watts.
total heat dissipation is not sectional radiators:
- Steel radiators - from 1200 to 1600 watts.
- convectors - from 130 to 10,000 watts.
summarize.The leader in the transfer of heat is aluminum.Steel is the second largest.Third surrender iron which is also heated for a long time (ie, has a high inertia).But he cools long that sometimes comes to the rescue.
What radiators are more reliable and durable
once again provided a list of uptime, which is guaranteed by the manufacturer.
- Cast iron radiators - more than 50 years.
- Aluminium radiators - from 15 to 20 years (with the proviso that the pH of the water - not more than 7-8).
- Steel radiators - up to 15-25 years
- Bimetallic radiators - up to 20-25 years.
- convectors - 10-25 years.
So if, wondering how to choose a radiator, you are putting the main criterion for longevity, then not far to seek.Take iron - no longer serve any one fashioned radiator.Just choose a trusted manufacturer that makes a really high quality batteries, using different raw materials and components.Behind him are bimetallic and steel radiators.
As for reliability, there are two aspects - the ability to withstand the pressure and how a particular type of radiator coolant picky.If we talk about pressure, then there will be the undisputed leader Bimetallic radiators, followed by aluminum, cast iron and steel radiators.
But to the coolant radiators are different.The most enduring in this respect, are cast iron radiators, followed by bi-metal.For steel radiators it is essential that the system does not drain for a long period otherwise in contact with oxygen in the appearance of corrosion may occur.Well, the most "gentle" are aluminum radiators, which require Ph within 7 - 8 units.
Appearance and finish
1. Cast iron radiators - a model of domestic manufacturers, though, and became smaller undergone changes in design (of the facade became a screen), but the finish can not boast.They are covered with only anti-corrosion primer, which involves subsequent staining.But the model of European manufacturers and the coating are beautiful and durable, and the design is quite modern.
We should also mention the radiators in "retro" style, they are expensive, but in view of External Expansion are simply delicious.
An embodiment of the cast iron radiators in retro style.
2. Aluminium radiators features a variety of design.Many manufacturers produce multi-colored radiators, which look very elegant and attractive.Models of aluminum radiators differ wide variety of center distance and sizes.This allows them to perfectly fit into any corner of the house.
3. Steel radiators panel type can fit into almost any housing interior.Smooth panels are not highly salient, harmoniously blending with the environment.
A tubular steel radiators often distinguishes non-traditional forms.For example, they may be angled, or are in the form of a trapezoid.And they enclose stair treads, they fit into the niche and attic rooms.And everywhere such radiators look fresh and modern, glittering with colored inks.
4. Bimetallic radiators highly refined design.There are many models that are not straight, but curved surfaces.This allows them to fit perfectly into the room with smooth corners.Such products are marketed, in particular, plant Rifar.Smooth curves and beautiful lines and boasts RS Bimetal radiator from SIRA.
model bimetallic radiators RIFAR FLEX with a rounded shape.
5. Sex convectors in terms of appearance differ only in decorative grilles.
- Cast iron radiators (except for "retro") - from 300 rubles per section.
- Cast iron radiators "retro" - from 2000 rubles per section.
- Aluminium radiators - from 300 rubles per section.
- Steel radiators (price for a radiator) - from 1,500 to 10,000 rubles.
- Bimetallic radiators - from 500-600 rubles per section.
most cheap radiators are steel panel and cast iron, especially domestic proizvodtstva.After them will come molded aluminum radiators will be a little cheaper extrusion model.But the most expensive will Bimetallic radiators, cast iron radiators retro and tubular steel models of radiators.
About manufacturers - known and trusted brands
Cast iron radiators in classical style producing companies such as Czech manufacturer VIADRUS, Spanish - ROCA, Italian - FERROLI, Belarus (MZOO), Turkish (DEMIR DÖKÜM).We do them in Cheboksary (Plant PEA).Models of "retro" manufactured by ROCA (Model Epoca), DEMIR DÖKÜM (model Retro).
Aluminum radiators are made mainly Italians.So, this company RAGALL, ROVALL, DECORAL, MECTHERM, FARAL, INDUSTRIE PASOTTI, GLOBAL, FONDITAL, RADIATORI 2000. Our QMS is Stupino plant, as well as from the company MIAS MMZiK.Each firm has its own "chips" for the protection of radiators from corrosion.In particular, FARAL produces zirconium processing their inner parts.A good anti-corrosion coating and has radiators Calidor Super Aleternum, produced by FONDITAL, also Italian.
radiators Steel tubular type manufactured by German companies ZEHNDER, BEMM, ARBONIA, KERMI.Italian manufacturers is the company TET-A-TERM, and in Russia - Kimry KZTO from producing model "Zavalinka", which can even lie down.However, the model of a similar plan (bench) and do ARBONIA, and ZEHNDER.With regard to the steel panel radiators, they released the following manufacturers: the German company KERMI, Czech - KORADO, Belgium - RADSON, Dutch - STELRAD, Turkish - DEMIR DÖKÜM, Polish-Finnish - PURMO), Italian - BIASI.In Russia, the two companies can be called "Mechanical Plant" from St. Petersburg and Plant "SVARTEPLOTEHNIKA" of Tver.
Bimetallic radiators do firms from Italy (GLOBAL, SIRA), Czech Republic (ARMATMETAL), Russia (Ryazan Plant Zwettl-P Moscow factory SANTEKhPROM and enterprise from the Orenburg region Rifar).It was the last manufacturer of the product is very popular and in demand.It was not clear moments?