insulation for roofs - make the right choice
Any prospect tridtsatiprotsentnogo please reduce the cost of heating homes.It is quite possible - that such a result can be obtained by choosing the right insulation for the roof.In addition, we receive and other additional benefits.On this - on.
- The benefits of roof insulation
- Roof flat: what and how to insulate
- Roof Pitched: what and how to insulate
The benefits of warmingRoof
Let's calculate that give our home the presence of insulation under the roof.We emphasize - not anyhow any, and good insulation.
So we get:
- incremental protection against dust and moisture;
- opportunity to dwell in the attic r. E. To arrange living quarters in the attic;
- salvation from the summer heat;
- optimum humidity in the house;
- savings on heating;
- reduction of external noise.
Perhaps it is now clear that the insulation for the roof is needed.But for various types of roof and structural solutions use different types of insulatio
flat roof: what and how to insulate
considered Flat roof with a slope of 12 degrees.Covered it easier to all - no need to bother with additional elements and wisely with crate.It can be as unexploited and exploited.In the latter case, the roof is equipped with a tough and durable basis - because it takes a lot of stress.
Choosing insulation for flat roofs, first you need to decide whether it will be operated.If so, take the insulator with high moisture resistance and ultimate loads up to 250 kilograms per square meter.For unexploited roof load limit can be smaller, but the demand for water resistance must be observed.Usually a flat roof insulated with polystyrene foam (ordinary or extrusion type), rarely used for these purposes mats of basalt fiber.
Insulation of flat roof slabs of extruded polystyrene.
example of flat roof insulation mats basalt wool.
Styrofoam is lightweight and is slightly cheaper.It is also easy to handle, and even a special tool is required.Keep warm Styrofoam just wonderful, as is almost all of the air.Among the shortcomings of the insulation should be noted flammability.Therefore, Mr. a flat roof on top of the insulator, is applied in the form of non-combustible protection sand and cement screeds.
- Details: Styrofoam - characteristics and selection criteria
Popular brand insulation for flat roofs
We have found that for thermal insulation of flat roofs is best to use a plate of expanded polystyrene, now look at the most popular manufacturers producing different types of heaters on the basis ofStyrofoam.
# 1. Penoplex roof.
older titles insulation - PENOPLEX manufactures 35. Russian company of the same name, it is nothing more than extruded polystyrene.It is produced in the form of plates with a thickness of 2 to 10 centimeters in size 0.6 to 1.2 m.A density of the insulation for the roof - 28-33 kilograms per cubic meter.
- See more about the insulation Penoplex Roof
# 2. Epps Technonikol.
Once again, the Russian company products - Technonikol.Extruded polystyrene sold under this brand, has several varieties.For roof insulation the following applies.
- XPS TECHNONICOL CARBON ECO - suitable for roofs of low-rise home or country house.
- XPS TECHNONICOL CARBON ECO DRAIN - different from previous material presence of drainage grooves on the plates.They help to ventilate the flat roof.
- CARBON PROF - especially durable polystyrene.Great for roofs of tall buildings, shops and warehouses.This rigid insulation to the roof can endure enormous loads.
- CARBON PROF SLOPE - as strong as the previous material, but has a special "chip".It is a set of five plates with different slope surface.Using them on a flat roof slope do.
- details on these thermal insulating materials: Extruded polystyrene Technonikol
# 3. Styrofoam brand URSA XPS.
Manufacturer (international holding URALITA) a heater that ensures excellent quality.Flame retardants, entering into its structure, enhance the fire resistance.This material is good for the exploited roof stripping.On the side of his plates have cut-out, providing docking an ideal and no cracks.
- details, see: expanded polystyrene insulation URSA XPS
pitched roof: what and how to insulate
This type of roofing is most common in the private construction and I S the most popular.Consider a better insulation for roofs inclined type.
According to the degree of warming of there are two types of inclined roofs:
- Warm roof - a roof in which the heater is mounted directly on the roof slopes between rafters.It used this method of warming the roof when in the attic is supposed to arrange the attic.
- cold ventilated roof.In this case, only the lower part of the insulated roof and ramps left alone in the joy of the winds.On this attic living will not work - it is suitable only for household needs.
The main types of insulation used
At the beginning we consider the so-called warm roof.This roof is slightly more complicated construction than flat.For its insulation creates so-called "roof pie", which includes insulation for pitched roofs, vapor barrier and moisture protection layer.Otherwise, condensation will inevitably appear.Important in warming rays - a good fit to the heat insulation and sheathing rafters.
example roofing pie roof covered with shingles.Top to bottom: shingles, sheathing and the ground under the flooring of the roof, moisture protection, insulation, vapor barrier.
for warm roofs fit the following materials:
# 1. Basalt wool - most of all fireproof insulation.It has low thermal conductivity, high ecological compatibility.This wool does not like rats, mice, it is not getting wet in the rain, easy to cut with a knife and is lightweight.And it is very elastic.
Warming attic basalt wool.
# 2. Polyurethane - the insulation is made directly on the construction site and applied using a special gun in mezhstropilnoe space.In the wonderful foam adhesion to any surfaces, light weight, solid layer, long (50 years) lifespan.And he is not afraid of fire.But it will need a special spraying equipment and involvement in the process of warming specialized team that performs these works.
roof coated with polyurethane foam between the rafters.
# 3. Ecowool - 80 per cent consists of cellulose fibers.The rest - antiseptic and fire retardant.This "breathing" insulation do not take any fungus or mold.The coating is obtained seamless - means no cold bridges will not.Ecowool allocated to serve 50 years, no less.It absorbs noise, heat and saves better than Styrofoam.
attic insulated ecowool.
# 4. Penoizol - modified polystyrene, for the sloped roof of his often used in the form of plates.This elastic continuous coating does not burn (not melted), it is waterproof and has a low thermal conductivity.
Attic insulation slabs penoizol.
For cold roof thermal insulation fit all listed above.But other than that you can use glass wool, different budget price.It does not burn, is environmentally friendly, does not contain any organic matter.If it is close to the dock to warm the surface, then the house will be warm.Different types of insulation for roof-based glass is not recommended for the isolation of the roof slopes.This is because due to their low elasticity over time they begin to lag behind the inclined surfaces.A result that is significantly deteriorate the level of thermal insulation.
Popular brand insulation for pitched roof
# 1. Stone wool made of basalt.
Manufacturer Technonikol produces the insulation rolls (Teploroll) and plates (Roklayt).
- Types of basalt wool TekhnoNIKOL and its characteristics
For ramps more suitable roll basalt wool.In addition, you can call the Danish company Rockwool products and slabs Laynrok Light.
# 2. Glass wool.
Isover pitched roof - a material produced by technology TEL French company "Saint-Gabin."This plate 5 and 10 centimeters thick and 61 centimeters wide.
- Features Isover insulation
Glass wool Knauf insulation produced the largest German company in the form of rolls of a width of 1.2 meters.Innovative technology has enabled a virtually non-caking material.
- See: Knauf Insulation materials specifications, variety
fiberglass insulation URSA GEO distinguishes the great length of thin glass fibers, whereby the air spaces between them much.This saves more heat.
- Details: Hararkteristiki fiberglass insulation URSA GEO
# 3. Polyurethane and Penoizol.
As for the foam and penoizol, the manufacturers have a lot of these heaters.If you decide to use any of these types of insulation, find in the region a specialized firm, which deals with insulated premises with the help of these thermal insulators.
material was prepared by the project authors SRBU.RU
- reviews about the different types of heaters
- Reviews of various insulation products
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question