Ecowool - the technical characteristics and properties of the insulation
thermal insulation materials now produce so much that the eyes diverge.Some of them are long, others - not very.They differ from each other and technical parameters and structure.The common for most modern heaters is that they are made of artificial materials.On their background highlights ecowool, specifications are determined by the natural origin of the material.It consists of a fluff pulp fibers and natural preservatives with flame retardants - otherwise, wood and minerals.Moreover, not ecowool has a porous structure, other thermal insulation, and the capillary.
- What ecowool: original components and application
- Ecowool: specifications
- Video: Insulation ecowool
Whatsuch ecowool: original components and application
ecowool used to manufacture several types of raw materials.
1. Waste paper and cardboard production.This, in particular, may be:
- Trim in the manufacture of corrugated
- Marriage remaining after the printing of books and magazines.
- Waste cardboard commodities, as well as faulty cardboard parts.
2. Old newspapers and magazines, books, paper, cardboard.Such materials considered second-rate, as it is highly polluting.In addition, waste paper is very heterogeneous - it may have different grades of paper.
80 per cent of the occupied ecowool cellulose fibers made from recycled materials.Another 12 percent belongs to the boric acid - a natural antiseptic.This substance is intended to protect the insulation from bacteria and fungi.The remaining 8 percent - the proportion of the flame retardant sodium tetraborate.It not only improves the fire resistance of the material, but also adds to its insecticidal properties.When wetted fiber ecowool become sticky.This is due to the lignin contained therein.
How ecowool insulation used today often enough.It is used for heat insulation of industrial buildings, offices, warehouses, shopping pavilions, as well as residential buildings.Very practical to isolate this material are areas where it is constantly wet and great danger of condensation.
Thermal insulation using ecowool can be done in three ways:
1. Application dry method - used mostly in summer cottages.Thus insulated attic, inner slope of the roof, floor and walls with the floor.It uses special equipment which feeds material through the hose and master slowly pours it on the floor.If you need to fill the inside of the heater wall or sloping ceilings, then re-use the hose, slowly falling asleep having a recess.
ecowool dry application method on the surface of the attic.
2. wet method is used when in the future will sheathing wall insulation.In the starting material is added to water.The mixture dries to form a sufficiently dense layer.
wet application method.During operation does not create a lot of dust.
device to remove excess ecowool.
3. adhesive method is used in the event that it is necessary to insulate metal or reinforced concrete structures.For example, so insulate the ceilings and walls of hangars.Adhere adhesive properties from a mixture of very good, so the coating adheres perfectly to the surface.It turns solid, trim the outside is not required.
material properties as a thermal insulator
Heat ecowool keeps very well.This can be judged by the value of the thermal conductivity - it ranges from 0,032 to 0,041 watts per meter per degree Celsius.Furthermore, due to the lack of joints in the coating do not occur "cold joints".Ecowool can fill all, even the smallest, cracks and voids, which distinguishes it from other heat insulators.
surface of any type can fall asleep, or to make it cover the insulation based on cellulose.Solid coating ecowool, despite the low weight, has excellent thermal insulation properties.And it happens for the following reasons:
- Insulation is made from natural wood fibers.
- fibers have a capillary structure, therefore capable of holding itself in the air.
- Most of the material volume (85 to 92 percent) took the air space, perfectly retains heat.
- When insulation all holes, joints and cracks should be filled completely.
Here ecowool characteristics are on top.It absorbs other sounds "a great success" - this has been repeatedly tested empirically.Here is an example: Get ecowool just desyatisantimetrovyh layer, can reduce noise by 60 decibels.
It is known that sound waves propagate well through the gaps, joints of walls, ceiling and floor, as well as cracks and voids.Since the fibers are able to tightly seal the ecowool these same gap, the sound when passing stumbles upon an insuperable barrier.Therefore, if in a building on the first floor is a big institution, it is possible to adopt it ecowool.She did not give a dashing music from the nightclub or karaoke bar to prevent restful sleep residents.
Video: Test soundproofing
There is much talk about the environment and the creation of materials that will not harm wildlife.At the same time, of course, human life and health, they should not be threatened.
As already mentioned, the basis ecowool make high-quality cellulose fibers impregnated with antiseptic and flame retardant substances.These agents - boric acid and borax - it is not more than 19 percent.Well, and the remaining 81 percent - is recycled newsprint, cardboard, book pages and other waste paper.By the way, glossy paper, available as part plastic, for the production of ecowool not do.This, for example, laminated book covers and glazed paper with wax or plastic topsheet.
should be noted that this is a pure feedstock - paper for the production of fibers does not contain harmful impurities and additives in the form of antiseptics are flame retardant and non-volatile.So we can conclude that the active insulation is environmentally friendly.Not when it is laying or the operation of insulated buildings no danger to life and health can not be.
Fire resistance Flame retardants which increase fire safety ecowool, are salts of boric acid.They do not give a heater ignited by an open fire - a fire ecowool not only burns, but even is melted.In accordance with GOST 30244, it is assigned to flammability group G2 (the so-called moderately combustible materials), and according to DIN 4102 - B1.If you remove the source of fire, the heater goes off on their own, without poisoning the air with toxic gases.
operating principle of the following flame retardants: they allow you to organize the process of combustion with a minimum of combustibles.It provided only carbon, not bringing harm.
flame retardant composition is such that upon heating of them is water, wetting ecowool.That is cooled, and the fire can not continue on its way without oxygen.So there is only a slow smoldering, which ceases when the temperature drops.Toxic gases are absent.
Video: Fire resistance ecowool
ecowool In the manufacturing process of paper making very fine fibers, and the material obtained sufficiently dense, able to keep a good air.And it is a fixed air gap is one of the best thermal insulators.A layer of insulating coating ecowool may be more or less dense - it all depends on the method of its application.
- With insulation overlap the lower floors of the density of the material varies from 35 to 42 kilograms per cubic meter.
- insulated inclined surfaces, a coating with a density of 45 to 55 kilograms per cubic meter.
- have vertical walls and partitions density of the insulation layer ranges from 55 to 65 kilograms per cubic meter.
- ecowool When applied wet-coating is obtained with a density of 65 to 75 kilograms per cubic meter.
ecowool Since the density is high, and its fibers are thin, the air passes through it badly.Taking this type of insulation with a density of 35 to 42 kilograms per cubic meter, we obtain the value of the air permeability of 75x10-6 cubic meters per meter per second for up to 120x10-6 Pascal cubic meters per meter per second to Pascal.
Resistance to moisture
Since the cellulosic fibers are made of wood, they can, like other wood materials absorb water and then release it.So we can say that the heater "breathes" like a log or lumber.
And changing humidity in no way diminishes the conservation ecowool heat.Indeed, it may absorb water to 5 or even 6 times larger than itself weighs.Therefore, a single drop of water does not get inside the house, and does not appear condensate.
When the weather becomes dry, excess moisture (which can absorb up to 30 percent of the mass) can easily go from a heater.Then ecowool properties remain the same.It should be noted that the moisture content of the material as a tree corresponds humidity around.As regards vapor permeability, its value lies in the range from 0.3 to 0.54 milligrams per meter per hour to Pascal.
Resistance to harmful substances and destructive factors
Talking about the advantages ecowool not be amiss to mention that it's great to protect people from hazardous substances emitted by asbestos, fiberglass, foam and other modern materials.And she ecowool any harmful impurities does not contain, do not select them and during operation.Not only that - because of boron minerals metal covered ecowool, does not rust in a humid environment.After the pH of an aqueous solution of Factor these minerals is 9, and after the interaction with other components becomes close to 8. It means that the alkaline component predominates, and metal corrosion does not occur.Mineral wool, by the way, this effect does not.
Over time ecowool properties remain absolutely unchanged.Manufacturers determine its service life is not less than a century.English, German and American experts have already proven it empirically.For cellulose fibers insulate the house for a long time.There are examples of buildings insulated with this material in 1900.They stand to this day, keeping the great heat.As for domestic research, yet they can talk about fifteen service life of the material.
cellulose fibers, light and rough, well-kept on any material.
But all is not well in the kingdom ecowool and it is similar to other heaters, which we discussed earlier has its drawbacks, which we have devoted a separate article: Ecowool - advantages and disadvantages of insulation.
Video: Insulation ecowool
- User Reviews for the use of insulation ecowool
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question