The warm walls inside the apartment or house and how to do it correctly
New building materials consisting of several layers, perfectly hold heat.Houses built of them are much cheaper to maintain than building the Soviet era, built of brick or concrete panels.This is especially noticeable during the heating season - for the house, built of modern materials, the coolant will need much less.But most of the old Soviet houses no one has to bear is not going, and many of us live in them.So today let's talk about what to insulate the walls from the inside of the building or any other building, and how to do it correctly.
- insulate it even walls on the inside
- The poorly insulated buildings inside
- reveal the secrets of what is happening inside the insulated walls
- How to avoid unpleasant consequences for internal insulation
- Choosing insulation
- traditional mineral wool
- polystyrene - extruded and ordinary
- Polyurethane foam - excellent modern insulation
- What else can insula
- expect thickness of insulation
- Video: Inside insulation
insulate Doall the walls on the inside
argue about it until they were hoarse, many professional builders and manufacturers of insulation.Someone said that this event will not work, but others object - say, a good result is obtained by plating the walls of the room insulating material.But the two sides unanimously argue that the facade insulation - option is far more efficient than the internal wall insulation.
And what about us, ordinary residents of prefabricated high-rise buildings, thin walls through which the freeze in the winter?After warming of the house from the outside - not an easy task, and at times impossible.After all, there are different situations: for example, the close proximity to the elevator shaft and staircase.And you can not touch the facades of architectural monuments, buildings in the historic center, and those that are finished with precious materials.And against the city authorities do not go, and that has to be cold.
Slightly clarify the situation can be turned to state standards and SNIP, released after the collapse of the Soviet Union.They are clearly given to understand that it should insulate the facade of the building, and inside the house should be stone, concrete or brick.They make up the so-called "cold" layer, which should have a slight vapor permeability and a good heat.
The poorly insulated buildings inside
To understand why the internal insulation against advocates as experts reviewed in detail all of its shortcomings.Some of them are not very significant, but there are those that will make think about the advisability of undertaking.Anyway, knowing the possible consequences, it is necessary to act with great caution.So, what kind of unpleasant consequences?
- Firstly, the area of the room with the heat insulator casing decrease significantly - it's a fact.For example, having an internal wall insulation in the room of 20 square meters, we find that there is not enough of from 0.5 to 2 square meters of living space.
- Lay insulation is only possible in the room, from which handed down or moved away from the walls of all things.That is a time to use this room will be difficult, but it is not very convenient.
- Just insulation sheathe the walls - not an option.It is necessary to provide additional ventilation and and conduct measures to prevent condensation from the heat insulator.Otherwise the insulation quickly fail.
- conducting insulation on all the rules, do not forget, you can be surprised to find that all of this will cost a pretty penny.
If you listen to opponents of warming the inside of the walls, you can find out a lot of unpleasant physical processes taking place inside the insulator.Unfortunately, this is not the stories and the obvious facts.For example, is the formation of mold and mildew, dripping streams of water evaporating.Such phenomena are slowly but surely destroying the interior decoration of the room.And sometimes even bearing components can be damaged.But all this happens only when the process of moisture management is not properly debugged.
reveal the secrets of what is happening inside wall insulation
summer as the heat under the walls not much is happening.But once there come the cold, the air temperature inside the apartment starts to differ significantly from the outside temperature.And here inside the insulated walls can manifest itself in all its glory.All the power of the wind and frost falls on the shoulders of the outer walls, officially called "enclosures".
main opponent of the wall insulated from the inside, is as harmless plain water.It is worth it to freeze, as it turns into a powerful enemy, sometimes just breaking the wall inside and increasing cracks in the joints.And wet insulation ceases to perform its function of thermal insulation.And as soon as warmer, begin to rage harmful bacteria and fungi, for which the water - this is life.Here's a ugly picture is sometimes wall insulation from the inside, but that can be solved, but more on that later.
Perhaps someone becomes clear why the outdoor air temperature and humidity wall insulation is so closely related to each other.It turns out that the water vapor condenses out of the air at a certain temperature.It is called the "dew point of the building."When this temperature is reached on the surfaces are well-cooled water droplets form - condensate.The dew point is a floating value that increases with the humidity in the room.If the humidity is 100 percent, the air temperature is the dew point.However, it is a little about - we will not delve into the complex formulas.
According to sanitary rules for apartments and houses, the air temperature in them should be in the range of 20 to 22 degrees.A humidity, optimal for living - 55 percent.The dew point under these conditions has a value of plus 10.7 degrees Celsius.Thus, if one of the layers of insulating walls has reached such a temperature, it inevitably will condensate.Since we include winter heating, the walls are heated from the inside.Fluctuations in ambient temperature cause the dew point to move inside the walls - the colder the street, so it is farther away from the facade.
Where is formed dew point depends on several factors.This design and arrangement of the layers relative to each other, and their thickness.For example, imagine a situation where the wall is not insulated, and the dew point is inside her.Then when you turn on the Imager on his screen, you can see that wall come from heat rays.No matter how warm the room in a building, it will still be cold, as it gives off heat to the outside.
If insulated façade, the wall is fully warmed up, it saves precious heat.A dew point is shifted closer to the front in the heat insulating layer.It is for this reason were invented ventilated facades - it is necessary to ventilate the heater to dry.Otherwise, it will lose its properties.
If the walls are insulated on the inside, in the winter the heat insulating layer does not allow them to heated air from the room.Therefore, load-bearing walls, was frozen to the ground, begin to break down faster.Typically, the dew point is on the inside of the wall, moving as the temperature rises in its middle.In this condensation, which appeared between the insulator and the wall, it reduces almost no effect on the insulation.Frozen water and glue, which planted a heater, destroys.Then wet the walls of lush blooms of mold and fungus appears.Nothing good, in a word.
How to avoid unpleasant consequences for internal insulation
difficult to make all the rules of the event on warming the walls inside.This is done only when the facade insulate prohibited or him simply do not get.
opened Rulebook SP 23-101-2004, which is called "Design of thermal protection of buildings", we can read that for thermal insulation to isolate the inside of the wall is strongly discouraged.The reason is that in this heat-insulating layer can accumulate moisture.If you insulate the wall from inside the apartment is vital and necessary, it is necessary to lay a solid layer of quality vapor barrier, which should be durable and strong.
Thus, if we want to, we were warm and dry wall, try to protect that part of them, shall be the dew point, moisture.What are the measures that should be taken?In general, they are not so much.
1. a vapor barrier film selected the highest quality, with its connections provide a thorough sealing of all joints.
2. have insulation material should not be very high vapor permeability.The lower the figure, the better.Ideally - at the rate of water vapor permeability of the bearing wall more than the insulator.In this case, the steam will go out.
3. When the glue heater, try to it lagged behind the wall at the least possible distance.Do not use when gluing method of "beacons", it is better to apply the adhesive comb, to ensure full contact with the wall insulation.
4. To reduce the humidity in the apartment, use mechanical ventilation mechanical type.The windows give valves.
5. thickness of the insulating layer for insulation must be carefully calculated, taking into account the characteristics of its climate zone.It is not recommended to take the insulation is thinner than the calculated value.
6. Before spending wall insulation, it is necessary to process them with a special compound that prevents the appearance of mold and mildew.Start warm only after the wall is completely dry.
Eliminating so-called "cold bridges" - one of the priorities.Indeed, in those places where the load-bearing walls are connected to the beams and the walls inside the building, insulation will not hold.Therefore, it is necessary to impose a thermal insulator on these problem areas, using a vapor barrier.Then they can be masked by a falshkolonn or boxes.
traditional mineral wool
Solving, better insulate the wall from the inside, most people usually choose mineral wool.She just laid inside of drywall constructions.Vapor barrier neglected work is done quickly, the material cost is cheap, but the result may not please.This method of insulation not only did not bring the desired benefits, but rather, on the contrary, very harmful.Especially bad if ordinary insulated with mineral wool in rolls - it is too small coefficient of thermal resistance.
lovers mineral wool are told that it "breathes", but it's just bad.Because of these properties, it is not suitable for internal insulation.After the fibers of the material moisture is quietly approaching the dew point, and then it absorbs mineral wool.There are, of course, her special varieties whose characteristics are similar to expanded polystyrene foam type, but an absolute guarantee they do not dry.Even if
paste this material very carefully and the best adhesive, taking care of quality vapor barrier - the risk of moisture remains.And all this is because the water vapor permeability of mineral wool is much better than the walls of the building.And all of the work will come to nothing, and the money will be thrown to the wind, if as a result the walls will muddy streaks.Even more unpleasant consequence - the emergence of the fungus.
inner wall insulation pressed mineral wool.
polystyrene - extruded and ordinary
Today, this material is considered to be the best insulation for insulating the walls from the inside.Pushed aside the traditional mineral wool insulation inside the walls, it is still widely used in European countries and in Russia.After all, this is the most suitable material for thermal insulation properties.Then list them.
- Styrofoam very poor conductor of heat.
- He almost does not absorb moisture and vapor permeability has very low.
- This material can easily withstand very substantial loads.
- him transcend any strong compression, no more tearing force.
- Polystyrene weighs very little and simply process - it is easy to cut with a knife.Therefore, the installation of such panels is not difficult.
Thus, if the expanded polystyrene used as foam-type and extruded, can be due to a thin layer to normalize the insulation of the assembly.After all, the material does not absorb water not only will not change its properties as a thermal insulator.He also moisture dew point will not tolerate, so when you use it, you can not simply lay a vapor barrier.Just about the "cold bridges" do not forget.Isolate the place where the plates are connected to each other and adjacent to the walls, it's easy.Here you can apply polyurethane foam plate and join with each other and with the wall with the help of it.But barter is necessary to apply to the entire surface of the sheet.
And manufacturing companies for the convenience of producing foam plates with a special edge with stepped edges.Due to this the joints are obtained smooth and tight.
Styrofoam with a recess.
mount these plates inside the apartment can be exactly the same as on the facade of the building.To do this, apply the dowel plate type.Moreover, plates are put on the adhesive.
inner wall insulated with polystyrene foam.
Have polystyrene and a minus - it is poorly protected from the noise.And he may be destroyed if its temperature will exceed 80 degrees Celsius.But it is not so important in this case, as is the fact that the plates Epps can be dissolved in organic solvents.
Polyurethane foam - excellent modern insulation
And how warm the inside walls of the house with high quality and fast?Surely such a question asked by many.In this case, the best option would be to use polyurethane foam.This is - a great insulator.Its thermal conductivity is set to 0,025 watts per meter per Kelvin.Sealed cells are filled with foam or air, or inert gas.Moisture is not able to penetrate inside, so that the material does not get wet, and the water does not pass.And when you use it do not need waterproofing.
However, these advantages as the polyurethane foam insulation does not end there.He and the application is very convenient - because this material do not need any glue or mounted inside a special frame.Everything is much easier - it is sprayed directly onto the wall.The composition consists of two components which, when combined, will froth the plane of the wall.In just a few seconds polyurethane foam hardens.When using this method you can count a lot of pluses.
- This material has excellent adhesion to almost any surface.It and can be sprayed on the ceiling, and the "cold bridges" with the help of seal.
- polyurethane foam so tightly adheres to the wall, that they constitute a single entity.Moisture can not get there, where the dew point.
- Since the spray coating has not a single seam and does not form cracks, we have an opportunity to warming of walls of any configuration.Though round the room, though bathroom with curved corners - to cope with all of this polyurethane foam.
- Since the work is done very quickly, and it takes a bit of material, you can save on shipping and storage.
- Using a nylon mesh can be plastered the heater, using the technology of facades.
What else can insulate the walls inside
Go study, released every year all new building materials.Some can be used for internal insulation of apartments.Sometimes manufacturers touted as a new tool, does trumpet its virtues.But the drawbacks are modestly silent.Here are some examples.It was not clear moments?