foam concrete blocks characteristics of their advantages, disadvantages, selection criteria and tips
This material weighs quite a bit, but it is very durable and perfectly holds heat.And he has the ability to easily display out excess water by passing it through your pores.We are talking about aerated concrete, which not everyone is familiar.Because of this, many feel that it is not suitable for building houses.However, foam concrete blocks characteristics are such that it is able to replace a brick or cinder blocks.That's just to work with them need a little differently.And how - read on.
- foam concrete blocks: types, bra
- Comparative characteristics of foam concrete and other building materials
- What is good and what is bad foam
- Advantages neavtoklavnyh foam blocks
- Disadvantages of foam concrete blocks
- Choose foam right - selection criteria
- Tips on using foam blocks
- Video: House of foam concrete blocks
foam concrete blocks: types, brands and main parameters
There are 4 kinds of foam producednon-autoclave process.
1. Materials brands from D150 to D400 is called thermal insulation.Their density varies from 150 to 400 kilograms per cubic meter.D400 Stamps below are not standardized for strength class.And for the D400, this parameter ranges from B0,5 to V0,75.This corresponds to a tensile strength of 9 kilograms per cm3.Frost listed brands foam is not subject to rationing.
2. Materials brands from D500 to D900 are called constructive insulating.They have a density of from 500 to 900 kilograms per cubic meter.The strength of the brand D500 - 13 kilograms per square centimeter.Class it is not standardized, like frost.Strength classes for other brands:
- D600 - from B1 to B2 (strength of 16 kilograms per square centimeter);
- D700 - from V1,5 to V2,5 (strength of 24 kilograms per square centimeter),
- D800 - from B2 to V3,5 (strength of 27 kilograms per square centimeter),
- D900 - from V2,5 to B5(Strength of 35 kilograms per square centimeter).
frost factor F in the order of increasing brand: 15-35, 15-50, 15-75, 15-75.
3. Materials brands from D1000 to D1200 (construction) have a density of 1,000 to 1,200 kilograms per cubic meter.On the strength of the class the following parameters:
- D1000 - from B5 to B7.5 (strength of 50 kilograms per square centimeter),
- D1100 - from B7.5 to B10 (strength of 64 kilograms per square centimeter),
- D1200 - fromB10 to V12,5 (strength of 90 kilograms per square centimeter).
frost F ratio is the same for any of the brands: the value of 15-50.
4. Materials brands of D1300 to D1600 is called structurally porous.Their density varies from 1300 to 1600 kilograms per cubic meter.They are produced in small batches, so the characteristics of the foam blocks these brands do not have a notation for a visit.
specific strength index depends on temperature and humidity, which produces foam, as well as its filler, and the brand of cement used.Dividing the number of brands of foam 20, you can get an approximate measure of strength (although slightly lower).Take, for example, foam D1600.Get (with a decent margin) tensile strength of 90 kg per cm2.However, the margin in this case will only benefit.
Consider the thermal conductivity of different brands of dry foam, which serves as a filler sand.Unit - watts per meter per degree Celsius.And to compare with the same conditions and rates of water vapor permeability of these brands foam.Unit of measure - kilogram per meter per hour Pascal.
|Stamps foam concrete blocks||Thermal conductivity (BT * m * 0 C)||vapor permeability coefficient (kg * m h * Pa)|
As for size, the D600 and D800 marks have dimensions20 by 30 by 60 centimeters.D600 also produce a 10 by 30 by 60 centimeters.
Comparative characteristics of foam concrete and other building materials
|Options||Brick||Ceramic block||Brick silicate||Gazoblok||Foam|
|Dimensions see||25/12 / 6.5||38/25/24||25/12 / 6,5||20/30/60||20/30/60|
|wall Weight, kg / m2||1200 - 1800||600 - 800||1450 - 2000||100- 900||100 - 900|
|density, kg / m3||1500 - 1750||700 - 900||1700 - 1950||300 - 1200||300 - 1200|
|Water absorption,%||12 12 - 14 16||20||14|
|Thermal conductivity, W / m * K||0,4 - 0,7||0,1 - 02||0,8 - 1,1||0,1 - 0,4||0,1 - 0,4|
|Compressive strength, MPa||2,5 - 25||-||5 - 30||0,5 - 25||0,25 - 12,5|
|consumption, pcs./ m3||400 - 500||34 - 45||400 - 500||21 - 27||21 - 27|
|Price, $ / m3||63 - 112||62 - 90||17 -90||60 - 94||49 - 68|
What is good and what is bad foam
and on television and in the press and on the Internet debate, a better foam - autoclave or non-autoclave.Manufacturers and what type of material and other angrily denounced each other's products, and consumers just have to guess which material is best suited for the building.But in fact and gas silicate, foam concrete blocks and are very similar in their properties, and both materials have disadvantages.Then a closer look at the characteristics of foam, this material will try to give an objective evaluation.At the same time all the parameters are going to compare it to the gas silicate.
Advantages neavtoklavnyh foam blocks
ability to retain heat - is high. Compared with brickwork this material has a coefficient of thermal conductivity of less than three times.In fact, gas silicate blocks in this are not far behind.Outside their thermal conductivity at the same level as that of the foam blocks.
Weight - small.Compared with claydite-concrete he least two and a half times.Gazosilikata weighs about the same.Therefore, units from both the autoclave and non-autoclave aerated concrete is easier to load, transport and install than traditional building materials.And one can build a house without equipping them with heavy foundation, which will affect the speed and ease of installation.Of course, we are talking about low-rise buildings such as - at the foundation of high-rise buildings to be thorough.
strength - enough. foam concrete blocks stamps from the D900 and above it is possible to put the three-storey load-bearing walls (not above) houses.
If even reinforced concrete supporting frame mount, you can build any number of storeys of the building.
As for silicate blocks, they are even stronger.
resistance to frost - excellent. Due to the porous structure and foam concrete and gas silicate has plenty of room inside for water, which expands when frozen.Therefore, the freezing of its walls will not have damage, both outside and inside.
Fire resistance - good. This also applies to aerated concrete blocks and silicate.Four hours, no less capable they are exposed to open flames and very high temperatures.
Check this easily: move the gas burner on a wall, built of foam, and then for several hours watch.The result will please - as opposed to ordinary concrete, there will be no splitting of the surface or explosions.
Ecological and biological stability - at altitude. This material does not rot and does not deteriorate over time.Harmful substances hazardous to health, it does not emit.By the way, when compared with gazosilikata, the latter in this plane is less secure.After autoclaving at foaming tiniest pieces of aluminum and lime chemically react, thereby producing hydrogen.It will be allocated (in small amounts), and later during the mounting blocks, and operation of the home.But for foam blowing agents used (synthetic or protein) that does not contain dangerous gases.And the pores of the material are sealed - they are the same in structure as that of the foam.
Suitability for monolithic construction - complete. foam concrete blocks can be produced on the spot - enough to put the installation.Compressor to create the necessary pressure and special supply hose resulting material wherever it is needed in the construction process.Solid building has its own specifics, and it may be a foam insulation or additional material.
example, can be either inside or outside to make a brick wall thickness of a half-brick.Then (not butt) put water-resistant plasterboard wall.The resulting gap is poured foam for insulation.This will take a little time, and will be cheaper than installing a conventional insulator.
Ease of handling - quite impressive. Foam is very easy to cut, drill and Stroebe.No special tools are not required and virtually no physical effort you have to make.Moreover, due to the ease of the material can easily transfer blocks to the treatment site and back.
Price - low enough. Compared to other building materials blocks of foam have much to gain in value.Typically, lead comparison, counting the amount of material on the brick.Considering the fact that the foundation for an inexpensive (lite), the building received a very economical.In some cases this factor - determining.
Moisture - not bad.This is facilitated sealed closed cells.But gas silicate blocks with inside channels extending from one end of the material to the other, fear of water.After all, it permeates them fairly quickly, passing through these channels.
closed cell structure does not allow water to infiltrate the entire thickness of the block and if it is put on the surface of the water, it will float.
Disadvantages of foam concrete blocks
shrinkage due to high moisture content - a significant minus. Moreover, it may be from one to three millimeters per meter erected wall.This happens when the water in the production process to add more than is necessary or not to wait until the 28-day pass.That's how much time is needed for a well-hardened units.At the same time on them in any case should not be exposed to water.Unfortunately, some unscrupulous manufacturers do not comply with the technology.But deprived of the lack of gas silicate - he is not subject to shrinkage.Therefore, these precautions when working with him do not need to apply.
ability to absorb moisture from the material available. It is not very big (much less than that of silicate blocks), but makes use of additional finishing.In particular, it is possible to apply the technology of ventilated facades, plastered walls or cover them with a special hydrophobizator designed for concrete.This feature is available in the form of an emulsion.
Foam can easily shear, especially at the edges. ship this material should be careful, in any case, not piling it in the body.In principle, the material allows easy carefully carry it, does not hurt.
walls of the foam will not hold any nails or conventional plugs - they just fall out. necessary to use a special plug for foam packed with ABC-plastic.This nozzle is threaded.At first, this tip should be screwed into the metric screw.Fit and screw designed for wood.Drill a hole in the wall and clean it thoroughly, it is necessary to very carefully screw the nozzle with a screw inside.This design keeps reliably.
manufacturers who do not observe the technology and the ratio of the required components, do not give mature foam concrete, contribute to the emergence of negative reviews about this stuff.It pushes their thirst for a fast profit.But the reliable manufacturers of foam that monitor the quality of its products, produce material that meets the most exacting developer.Laboratory tests confirm this - the technical characteristics of the foam block, made a firm, fully comply with all standards.
Choosing the right foam - selection criteria
1. First look at who exactly makes these concrete blocks.Ask for a certificate and check the delivery terms of compliance with GOST.If the manufacturer provides the maximum amount of information is open - so he has nothing to hide, and the material it has good quality.By the way, and arrive majors, reliable and well-proven.A good manufacturer of foam blocks is usually a production area of not less than 180 square meters, on which the plant for cutting blocks.And the premises to be heated, and have a roof.
2. Price matters, too.The average mark for the D800, it is about $ 80 per cubic meter.If the material is much cheaper, is to think - it can affect the quality.
And again, if the manufacturer clearly states that its foam stamps D600 is structural, as is done by "secret" technology - do not believe.No special recipes, no subtleties of technology will not be able to convert one brand to another.You can even a small one-story house such units do not lay out - this brand material for load-bearing walls can be used.
3. Inspect blocks - they do not have to be pure and bright white.It will not let technology.Normally, the foam should be grayish, slightly lighter or darker, not heterogeneity of coloring the surface.
4. Check how tight cell foam.If they are interconnected, moisture will easily penetrate into the material.Chop one block and see whether it is the same structure with the outer and inner sides.The cells should be round, is unacceptable presence of chips or cracks.
5. to put the walls could be without problems, units should be strictly rectangular - check it out.Putting two foam block on each other, try to sway them, see if there are any gaps.And explore the four corners of the block - this is important because the flaw can only be on one side.And in the future it can take you a long time, and nerves spoil.
6. purchasing fresh material, do not use it immediately for walls.It required strength and other technical characteristics of foam concrete blocks acquire only 28 days after manufacture.Therefore, the best decision would be to withstand foam bought two or three weeks.At the same time it must either be well sheltered from moisture, or stay indoors.This will help you avoid trouble, if you sold the same material underexposed.
example of wrong organized storage blocks, the top they are covered and no one can already see that from the damp earth nourished moisture.It was not clear moments?