Types of polycarbonate: structure, size and color sheets
Polycarbonate - one of the new materials, which appeared on the market about twenty years ago.The polymer from the family of thermoset plastics looks very decorative and has good strength.Different types of polycarbonate are used in all fields of construction - both industrial and private.A wealth of color and variety of sizes allow embody any idea.
- Types of polycarbonate on the device sheet
- dimensions sheet polycarbonate
- Types of polycarbonate by color
Types of polycarbonate on the device sheet
begin withIn order that the material may be in its internal structure or continuous cell.Accordingly, the apparatus of the sheet in these two species will vary.Consider what.
Polycarbonate cell type
looked across the side of the cut sheet of polycarbonate, you can see a pattern that resembles a honeycomb.His form stiffeners installed inclined or straight.The result is a triangular or rectangular cell containing t
its leaves release with the following structure:
2H - double-layer panels with rectangular cells inside.With a thickness of 0.4 to 1 centimeter ribs are conventional septum.
3X - three-layer sheet provided with both direct and oblique (extension) ribs.The thickness of the ribs sets the manufacturer.
3H - three-layer sheets with a rectangular structure of cells, producing a thickness of 6, 8, 10 mm.
5W - five-layer sheet with a rectangular structure of cells usually have a thickness of 16 - 20 mm.
5X - five-layer sheet consisting of both the direct and the inclined edges, producing a thickness of 25 mm.
Polycarbonate monolithic type
This material is in many ways similar to the silica glass.But its not so easy to break it (the stone, for example), which is an advantage.Like the fact that it is difficult to scratch.In terms of the polycarbonate sheets are solid mass (usually transparent or translucent).
Monolithic polycarbonate is available in two versions:
Straight panels (transparent and colored).
Profiled panel shaped waves.They have increased strength and well with the profile roofing materials (metal).
should also be noted that the polycarbonate monolithic type made of different brands - it's easier to choose the most suitable for a particular purpose.
Some of them are:
- PK-5 - is positioned as a material used for medical purposes.
- PC-6 - a polymer with high light transmission.It used in lighting technology, as well as in optics (for parts of devices).
- PC-M-1 - material with minimal friction.
- PC-M-2 - the only one on earth material, as well opposing the appearance of cracks and is not afraid of fire.
- PC-LT-18-m (formerly PC-4) - the material is black, has a high thermal stability.
- PC LST-30 (formerly NCC-PC and PC-to-30 LSV) - a polymer, which is a glass filler made of silicon or quartz.
- PC-TS-16-ML - this marking indicates that polycarbonate is not afraid of fire and extreme heat.Use it where fire safety is important.
- RS-010 (formerly PC-3 and PC-LT-12) - plastic viscosity is very low.
- RS-003 and RS-005 (formerly PC-1) - In contrast, materials with sufficiently high viscosity.
- RS-007 (manufactured instead of PC-LT-10 and PC-2) - a material with an average of toughness.
dimensions sheet polycarbonate
It is worth remembering that the standard size of a sheet of polycarbonate, as the structure, depending on its type.
have polycarbonate sheets of the same width - 210 centimeters, except for sheets having a thickness greater than 2 cm, they can be made 2.5 cm wide. And the length can be either 12 meters or 6. The six-meter thick sheet 04 cm weighs about 10 kilograms, at a density of about 800 grams of polycarbonate per square meter.The material thickness may range from 0.5 to 2.5 centimeters.
|number of layers (walls)||2H||2H||2H||2H||3X||3H||6H||5X|
|distance between the ribs||mm||6 6||10,5||10,5||25||16||20||20|
|minimum bending radius||m||0,7||0,9||1,2||1,5||2,4||2,4||3,0||Not recommended|
|The proportion of sheet||kg / m2||0,8||1,3||1,5||1,7||2,5||2,8||3,1||3,4|
|length panels||mm|| 6,000 and 12,000 |
(deviation from the nominal size of 1.5 mm for the transparent sheet and 3 mm for color)
* Depending on the manufacturer of these parameters can be changed in one direction or another.
Dimensions solid polycarbonate
length of a standard sheet of solid polycarbonate - 305 cm, width - 205 cm. The thickness of the product, as a rule, from 0.2 to 0.6 centimeters.Under the order can be bought and thicker sheets (0.8 to 1.2 centimeters).
Types of polycarbonate by color
again separately consider the cellular and monolithic materials.Note that in both cases, the staining is performed throughout the whole volume, so over time the products do not lose their color saturation of colors.For colored sheets will have to pay - five percent, no more.
The following color variations:
As in the previous version, are available fully transparent, bronze and milky sheets (the latter are opaque).There are pure white (opal) variation.The colors are present:
not received an answer to your question?It was not clear moments?
Ask our experts and visitors:
+ Add new question