In construction distinguish these kinds of plywood:
- plywood, veneer finished - at the time of its manufacture fiber veneers are placed laterally, often at an angle of 90 degrees, and the number of sheets to be bonded must be that there is more than twopieces;
- joiner panels - the core of which impressively increase the thickness of the rest of inflicted layers that are made of wooden slats and tightly pressed against each other;
- combined plywood - here in the role of the middle layer and several intermediate layers are not manufacturers use veneer and wood, and other suitable materials.
laminated structural materials, which tend to have the same structure of the fibers in this category are not included.
Plywood is classified by the water resistance of adhesives used in the manufacture of its :
- FC - is plywood, which ha
- PSF - is a type of plywood is resistant to moisture, and therefore in addition to use for indoor, it has been successfully used for the exterior.Most resistant to the effects of moisture, this material has for the impregnation of phenol-formaldehyde resins.
- FBS - the so-called "bakelite" plywood.The level of immunity such plywood to moisture and weathering and temperature extremes allow its widespread use in shipbuilding and engineering.
Also plywood is divided by grades on the basis of external data, as well as the quality of the veneer used in the outer layers.Therefore, accordingly distinguish: I, II, III, IV class and elite class - E-Class.
By type of processing different veneer:
- R2 - plywood with a side surface which is polished;
- NS - plywood with unground surface.