organize mass housing for the birds do not need - in the wild "all should be in moderation, including comfort. Besides, in this case there are a lot of subtleties, which are newcomers just do not know.But first things first.
artificial nests for birds, you can build and hang out during the warm season, not only in the spring, as many people think. The fact that most of the birds have time for a season to bring up the wing and put two or three broods. But the birds - people squeamish. Titmouse, for example, will not lay a second clutch of e
There are more than fifty kinds of houses for birds.They are conventionally divided on the device and placement: open and ground nests, conventional and combined houses, bird houses (carved inside lumps), barrels (houses of slab bulging out the sides), sheds (houses with movable walls and a hip roof) ...
Classic proverbial house for birds - a starling.Homeland him - depressions Europe.But there are artificial nests for starlings invented reasons gastronomic - starlings were to eat, and cook wanted to poultry and eggs were always at hand.
to Rus fashion bird attics came with Peter the Great.Severe emperor loved pleasant things and favors.Seeing the European starling, he did not fail to mandatory introduce them at home.When
begin to cobble together a birdhouse, keep in mind: do not indulge starlings and tinkering too spacious house.If the apartments are large, then they will survive 4-5 chicks, and that's too much - the parents can not feed them properly.The offspring will grow sickly and will not sustain a difficult trip to warmer climes.In addition, the weak individuals - hawkers epizootic.In close older house only two or three chicks, but they are strong and healthy.
Birds tend to "share a living space."Well go on exchange chipping hollows in old decaying trees: after a small woodpeckers to inhabit Moskovka Tit and, after great spotted woodpecker - Great Tits, after Zhelnov - owls.
As for owls, they do not need houses spring.Owls - sedentary birds (except marsh and Long-eared), pairs form in the fall, at the same time and pick up the apartment.If they hang suitable houses, or nest boxes in spring, there will lodge jackdaws.And jackdaws on site privazhivat not necessary - the creation of these aggressive disperse all the other birds.
The final general recommendation: be sure to protect the bird house, set on poles, from the ubiquitous cats.The easiest way - a plywood circle with a diameter of 45-50 cm in the middle of the pole, a cat will not be able to overcome it.
each his own
Material: any board with a minimum thickness of 20 mm.The inner surface should be rough, preferably with burrs and scoring.Do not bother to plug the gap, birds caulked them more agile and more reliable.
Dimensions: bottom of the square, 10 x 10 cm and 12x12 cm, height of the side walls of -30-40 cm diameter letka - 5 cm.
Coverage: desirable to do without stains, nitro paints, varnishes, and other pinoteximpregnation.If you really want, you can paint the gray or red latex paint without a strong smell.These two colors - favorite birds, green bird houses they do not favor.
Where to hang: to any deciduous tree, to a height of 3 m, in an upright position.If the site no tall trees, we can strengthen the birdhouse on the three-meter pole sturdy enough.
By design, it is the same birdhouse.
difference - in dimensions.If you want to settle a large bird, the depth of the drawer or nest boxes should be 50 cm. And if you try to small tits, it is enough to 25 cm. The diameter of the tap-hole - 3 cm. This home can settle and other birds - such as the redstart and pied.
Some tit (Tit, Moskovka and crested grenaderki) prefer to nest boxes instead of square boxes.If you do not want to gouge core wooden block of wood, have built a combined house with a semicircular front wall of the slab.Or build a round building of four halves.Stick-Prisada before Lethke not needed.The inner walls is desirable to paint a dark color pencil - then the likelihood that the House will take it tit, will increase many times.The dark color of the walls - a matter of survival for the tits.These birds are deterred by the enemies get close to the nest with a loud hiss and a demonstration of the "eye monster" -White spots on the head, but in the dark it turns out particularly impressive.
Dimensions : chickadee necessarily have to do a very small entrance is 2.5 cm in diameter (not climbed large birds) and pour into the rotten sawdust.
Where to hang: a small height of 2-4 m, preferably in the canopy of deciduous tree - tits prefer disguised housing.
Dimensions : the length of the horizontal wall -25-30 cm, width - 12-14 cm, height of -10-12 cm. Inlet - slit width of 4 cm. These birds, which do not have the tenacious Shinichilegs and who prefer to "walk" in front of a small ladder or required platform width of about 10cm.
To hang : anywhere - on the top bar of the fence, a horse or a roof slope, the wall of the barn, on the trunk of a tree, etc.Minimum height - 2 m from the ground.
- rough-board any species other than coniferous (thickness at least 2 cm, width of 20 cm, length 45-55 cm)
-carpentry nails length 4-4.5 cm
- decorative or protective impregnating paint odorless
- hacksaw or jigsaw for wood
- manual or electric drill
- Perov drill bita tree or a nozzle for large diameter holes
- pencil and tape measure
1. Use a pencil to mark the board.The size and shape should be such:
- bottom of a rectangular, 20 x 16 cm;
- the height of the walls - 45-55 cm;
- front board slightly larger than the rear, - approximately 3 cm;
- sideboards have bevels on top of the roof was to tilt backwards;
- removable cover, two kills with boards of different sizes;
- the lower board of the same size as the bottom, the top bit more - to the sides remained "eaves".
2. Cut the jigsaw board of the planned size.The inner surface of the boards is not vystrugivayte, outer can planed.
3. In front of a blackboard with a drill and a tap-hole cutter to cut a hole.The diameter of the tap-hole - 5 cm.
4. On the outer sides of the walls in the joints tamp pre nails - it will be more convenient.
5. Consistently collect birdhouse, nailing wall to wall and to the bottom.Do not nail the lid - leave removable.
6. Paint the birdhouse ready and let dry impregnation.
Hang the birdhouse at the selected location.Hang necessary with a slight forward lean - in the entrance is not to numb the rain and chicks to make it easier to get outside.
- hardwood block of wood (length of 50-60 cm, a diameter of about 20 cm)
- boards and slabs (width25-30 cm length of at least 40 cm, thickness not less than 4 cm)
- strip roofing iron of at least 7 x 20 cm
- threaded hook for hanging
- hacksaw on wood
- manual or electric drill
- Perov drill
- tserazik (11 chisel-shaped profile of the blade) or a semicircular chisel-spoon
1.NozhovkoyCut the block of wood from the trunk of the desired length.
2. Secure the block of wood in a vertical position.Perov drills drill series drill core.If the core block of wood rot impressed - do not worry.
3. Select the core tserazikom and chisel - that block of wood turned hollow.The wall thickness should be 3-4 cm.
4. Cut the boards of the basal plate of the diameter, with an effort to make it enter the hole at the end of the block of wood.Insert the basal plate in the hole.
5. Secure the Donets-lining strips of roofing iron and thin nails, pre-punched punch holes in the lining under the nails.
6. Proceed in the sidewall of a drill or chisel Perov year bonds with a diameter of 3.5 - 4.0 cm. The most successful variant - if the tap hole will serve as the opening of the fallen old bitch.At the top of the nest boxes fix screws half a block of wood or a piece of slab round side up.
Screw in fastening hook half a block of wood.Place nest boxes in the selected location.